• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

state of the ncaa: rumor has it.....

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me tell you why this will never happen ... what will come out about Miami in a lawsuit will be far worse than what has come out already. A lawsuit would last for years, with Miami looking like shit the entire time.

Subpoenas would be in play then, right?

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Nevin Shapiro stole hundreds of millions of dollars and spent it on Miami and gave it to Miami. He ruined many, many, many, people's lives for his own gain and for the University of Miami's gain.

If I was a victim of Nevin Shapiro I would demand CLAWBACKS from University of Miami to get my money back.

The pictures of Nevin Shapiro on the Hurricane Sidelines, the pictures of Nevin Shapiro giving Donna Shalala checks, Nevin Shapiro name on a building that was removed. The hundreds of pictures of Shapiro with Hurricane players, the stories of what he lavished on them.

In my book Miami should have a whole bunch of sanctions thrown at them.

Miami is doing it right though. FIGHT NCAA and Emmert all the way. The Emmert and the NCAA is a cestode and needs to be completely ignored.

A couple of things regarding this post. UM had no idea he was a conman until he was arrested. He was an approved booster, in Miamis eyes a good donator. The players stupidly believed him and went to unapproved parties hosted by him.
His wild stories are unsubstaniated and un proven, there were no abortions, no five figure payouts, there were small money handshakes of $500 or less. All of those players were suspended or dismissed from the team.
I am friends with several players he mentioned and all of them proclaim he is full of shit. I have probably as many pics with players as he did, that means nothing. It means he was at functions with players, all schools have them.
Remember he swindled UM as well many others totaling nearly a billion dollars. He thought he could buy ex-players freinship and when he got busted they distanced themselves so he fabricated stories like a woman scorned.
The NCAA broke many laws trying to get Miami when they couldn't prove the majority of his claims.

Miami should get what we already gave ourselves and nothing more.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Let me tell you why this will never happen ... what will come out about Miami in a lawsuit will be far worse than what has come out already. A lawsuit would last for years, with Miami looking like shit the entire time.

Well, it will if it doesn't go down the way we want it to. Miami has a great legal team, they would not go into it unless they knew they could win.