• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starting WR's for Friday

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Crabs and Ginn, I wonder why Moss isnt starting on the other side, he has been out of football for a year, you figure coach would want to get him some run. Or do you think he already knows what hes getting with Randy so give the younger guys some time?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are Crabs and Ginn, I wonder why Moss isnt starting on the other side, he has been out of football for a year, you figure coach would want to get him some run. Or do you think he already knows what hes getting with Randy so give the younger guys some time?

This plus the fact that both Crabtree and Ginn have missed practice time in training camp and will need more reps

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea thats a good point too

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as everyone else Im wanting to see Randy play and play well

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe we will - The one thing I expect to see, which hasn't been mentioned much, is better protection for Alex and that is as big a reason as our off-season additions why I think we will have close to as dangerous an offense as defense this season.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is against the Vikings, I doubt we'll see anything new since the 49ers play them week 3 is it?

I hope people keep that in mind before they decide to get pissed that the offense looks like last year's offense :)

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see Smith chuck it up to Moss in jumball fashion during these exhibition games.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see Smith chuck it up to Moss in jumball fashion during these exhibition games.

Same! See him in a one-on-one or a mis-match and just put it in the zip-code and let him win the jump ball - that would be awesome!!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is against the Vikings, I doubt we'll see anything new since the 49ers play them week 3 is it?

I hope people keep that in mind before they decide to get pissed that the offense looks like last year's offense :)

I'm not too confident in that, but it'll be good to see some football.

Heck, I was even excited to see the Washington v. Bills game (mostly because my computer and login to NFL Preseason Live was having problems until now).

For those considering NFL Preseason Live (16.99 if you use promo code "directv"), it's cool because you can see broadcast or condensed games from last year and the year before (preseason only unfortunately). Plus, none of the games are blacked out for me (but they will be if you live in the SF area (but these are on local TV, I think).

Oh yeah... BUY IT ON PRESEASON.NFL.COM NOT ITUNES APPLE STORE!!! I bought it on my iPad through iTunes Apple Store and had troubles linking it to my username to see it on the computer, too. NFL.com can't fix it if you buy it through iTunes. If you buy it on the computer or through NFL.com on your iPad, you have to register it immediately after you purchase it, and therefore, it's linked in. No problems, you can go back and forth between devices (as long as you are only logged into one at a time). To watch it on an iPad or mobile, there's an app for that - the app is free but you can't see more than two minutes per day per iPad. So for those who have 30 iPads, don't waste your money on preseason live. Buy a porche instead or something and have your butler download the app on each iPad.

If any of you did what I did and are having trouble, PM me. I'll try to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This depth chart is stupid.

Last year we screwed around with the preseason depth chart.
(Braylon, Crabtree, Ginn, Morgan).

This year we should just go out there and start Moss and Crabtree for the 1st quarter with Alex, then you can give the rest of the WRs lots of playing time in the final 3 quarters.

I hate this screwy depth chart.

Ginn is probably not going to be resigned next year if someone else can prove they can return punts and kicks.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's just a preseason game. I'm sure the depth chart will change by week 1.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if it is based upon little time in TC, it's good to get Crabs and Alex some time... but I don't get why we're messing with T. Ginn. I mean, I love his returning abilities, but receiving is not something I think we need him in at the expense of Smith-Moss connection practice. But, oh well, we're probably not going to see any deep passes because one) it's Smith and two) we're saving them for when the game counts. I could see the argument that Ginn was the weakest WR so we need to have him have some more reps. Moss is Moss, so not necessary... or maybe they're saving him for Kaep to Moss connection? :think: :evil: :tinfoil3:

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes it's pretty obvious to everyone that Ginn got another 1 year contract because of his return abilities.

If anything, why not start Crabtree and Manningham? Manningham as a multi-year contract give that dude a shot. If not Manningham, then start Moss.

Ginn, Williams, and Jenkins can play in the late 2nd quarter and onwards.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if it is based upon little time in TC, it's good to get Crabs and Alex some time... but I don't get why we're messing with T. Ginn. I mean, I love his returning abilities, but receiving is not something I think we need him in at the expense of Smith-Moss connection practice. But, oh well, we're probably not going to see any deep passes because one) it's Smith and two) we're saving them for when the game counts. I could see the argument that Ginn was the weakest WR so we need to have him have some more reps. Moss is Moss, so not necessary... or maybe they're saving him for Kaep to Moss connection? :think: :evil: :tinfoil3:

1) Ginn came into camp wanting to earn a spot as a WR - so maybe he has improved.

2) There is zero reason to "save" deep passes - after-all, they are just deep passes - speed vs. speed, athleticism vs. athleticism - nothing to hide

3) Smith can throw deep passes - I'm shocked at how many fans still do not know this.

4) Moss is Moss doesn't matter - Smith to Moss does. So I'd be a little surprised if they don't get at least a few reps together - but it is just the 1st PS game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Ginn came into camp wanting to earn a spot as a WR - so maybe he has improved.

2) There is zero reason to "save" deep passes - after-all, they are just deep passes - speed vs. speed, athleticism vs. athleticism - nothing to hide

3) Smith can throw deep passes - I'm shocked at how many fans still do not know this.

4) Moss is Moss doesn't matter - Smith to Moss does. So I'd be a little surprised if they don't get at least a few reps together - but it is just the 1st PS game.

Hopefully Ginn has improved, I think he was better last year than the year before (not stat-wise but I didn't see as many eyes closed catches ;)). Pro-football reference says he rushed 8 times last year, doesn't seem like it was that many. Was it you or another poster on another board that said hopefully Ginn pushes Crabtree out?

As for the deep passes, I was talking about vanilla play calling - but you're right, we could have a vanilla call that goes deep.

I know Smith can, but I didn't think he would in the first preseason game. Capability versus tendencies. He's not the type to go for those all the time, meaning to me preseason, too. But he does from time to time. That'd be great to see tomorrow right out of the gate. Practice is practice, you know? His arm is strong enough, we may now have the personnel, he should now be more confident, and let's hope every team thinks he can't so we catch them off their guard.

I hope to see some Smith to Moss soon.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Ginn has improved, I think he was better last year than the year before (not stat-wise but I didn't see as many eyes closed catches ;)). Pro-football reference says he rushed 8 times last year, doesn't seem like it was that many. Was it you or another poster on another board that said hopefully Ginn pushes Crabtree out?

As for the deep passes, I was talking about vanilla play calling - but you're right, we could have a vanilla call that goes deep.

I know Smith can, but I didn't think he would in the first preseason game. Capability versus tendencies. He's not the type to go for those all the time, meaning to me preseason, too. But he does from time to time. That'd be great to see tomorrow right out of the gate. Practice is practice, you know? His arm is strong enough, we may now have the personnel, he should now be more confident, and let's hope every team thinks he can't so we catch them off their guard.

I hope to see some Smith to Moss soon.

Yeah, I'm fed up with Crabtree, so I'd like to see Ginn, Williams, Manningham, Jenkins, you're grandmother just about anyone knock his ass down the chart. Don't misunderstand me, I'd love to see him play great - I'm just so over the little bitch.

A deep pass is just a play call - that's all, nothing special. It just comes down to personel and situation. I would be surprised if we didn't see a couple deeps tomorrow.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm fed up with Crabtree, so I'd like to see Ginn, Williams, Manningham, Jenkins, you're grandmother just about anyone knock his ass down the chart. Don't misunderstand me, I'd love to see him play great - I'm just so over the little bitch.

A deep pass is just a play call - that's all, nothing special. It just comes down to personel and situation. I would be surprised if we didn't see a couple deeps tomorrow.

That's great news for me! I really hope to see a balanced offense (running and passing) and balanced team (offense and defense) this year. The second one might take until next season? I got the NFL Preseason Live so I will be watching it a few times (maybe in fast forward a bit).

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we know that Harbaugh doesn't like to give very much away during pre season. I don't expect to see our starters for more than a series or 2 at the most. Either way we can't be worse than we were against the Saints in last year in the pre season opener.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great news for me! I really hope to see a balanced offense (running and passing) and balanced team (offense and defense) this year. The second one might take until next season? I got the NFL Preseason Live so I will be watching it a few times (maybe in fast forward a bit).

There can be no question that we put together this offense to balance our defense this year - not next. I've said several times now, stay healthy and execute and we will be the most frightening teams in the NFL - this year.