• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford's Turnovers Way Down

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When other facets of the team get ragged on, no one defends there shitty play. As soon as anyone brings up Stafford's bad play it is frowned upon.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is putting Luck in with Manning, Brady, and Rodgers.

Same style of QB. Actually more athletic than Manning or Brady.

I've watched Luck play quite a few times this year and the guy makes major league, big boy throws. DL could be running right towards him freely and he still steps up in the pocket (right into the DL) and drops perfect dimes.

Stafford looks extremely skittish in the pocket and had happy feet a couple times already this year. Yesterday he ran right into a sack when the pocket was perfectly clean. It can happen to anyone who has took as much punishment as he has.

Stafford is extremely streaky. He can do nothing for awhile and then go 6/7 for 80yds and a TD on one drive.

I am with you on the fact that if he can get hot like Aaron Rodgers did a few years ago. We could win it all... Especially backed up by that defense.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford had a shitty game. Overall hes had a much better season.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford was disappointing with hi pocket presence and poor decisions. Hopefully that gets cleaned up before playoff time. I wish he would decide to run earlier too if nothing is there. he is not fast enough to wait until the last second

As far as Luck goes he looks similar to Rodgers to me. Stafford does not remind me of anyone.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched Luck play quite a few times this year and the guy makes major league, big boy throws. DL could be running right towards him freely and he still steps up in the pocket (right into the DL) and drops perfect dimes.

Only Jay Cutler has more turnovers than Andrew Luck this year. (22) Just heard that on Around The NFL tonight. Kind of ironic they were talking about how he's been stinking up the joint the last few weeks.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton 4 INT's today...bad ones...and a horrid pick 6.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Jay Cutler has more turnovers than Andrew Luck this year. (22) Just heard that on Around The NFL tonight. Kind of ironic they were talking about how he's been stinking up the joint the last few weeks.

How much better would you say his line is than Detroits?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs have bad games and seasons that aren't so great. I expect any QB to turn the ball over at some point of time also. I just think people need to slow down on all the Luck praise. He's a good QB but what am I missing?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone was bitching last year down the stretch when Stafford was turning the ball over and costing the Lions games. Even though CJ was banged up and the #2 and #3 are not even on this seasons roster.

So this season he has managed games cut his turnovers down and has managed to win 11 games! That is the only stat anyone should care about! But since he isn't throwing for close to 5,000 yards and 30 TDS with 18 picks he isn't any good.

Well sometimes you can't have it both ways. If Stafford started chucking the ball around he will get more yards and TDS but will throw more picks and maybe the Lions only win 8 or 9 games and miss the playoffs.

I don't see the same shit heaped on Bell and Bush for not rushing for 1200 yards! Or having 2,000 combined receiving yards and rushing! Oh that's right it's the O-fucking line's fault. But it's not the O-Lines fault with Stafford?

11 wins and people bitch Stafford is the problem. The real problem is the Lions are winning and some can't come to grips with that they would be happier if they were losing to find something real to bitch about!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone was bitching last year down the stretch when Stafford was turning the ball over and costing the Lions games. Even though CJ was banged up and the #2 and #3 are not even on this seasons roster.

So this season he has managed games cut his turnovers down and has managed to win 11 games! That is the only stat anyone should care about! But since he isn't throwing for close to 5,000 yards and 30 TDS with 18 picks he isn't any good.

Well sometimes you can't have it both ways. If Stafford started chucking the ball around he will get more yards and TDS but will throw more picks and maybe the Lions only win 8 or 9 games and miss the playoffs.

I don't see the same shit heaped on Bell and Bush for not rushing for 1200 yards! Or having 2,000 combined receiving yards and rushing! Oh that's right it's the O-fucking line's fault. But it's not the O-Lines fault with Stafford?

11 wins and people bitch Stafford is the problem. The real problem is the Lions are winning and some can't come to grips with that they would be happier if they were losing to find something real to bitch about!

Did you read the game threads after the weeks Stafford had really good games? People make the comments after he shows certain traits time and time again. I am not worried about his stats. Yes, I do like the wins. I do not like that he still makes very bad decisions at times. Forcing throws when guys are open elsewhere drives me crazy.

I will say it again... my stance has always been even after wins you can discuss the issues that need work. The OL has sucked almost all year. Kicking sitaution was discussed at length many games.

I just do not get why discussing Matt is always off limits? I really do not see anyone saying Matt was the problem. Part of yes, not the only problem. You think that performance he had with Chicago wins this weekend or against any team in the playoffs will win?

The OL play and ST mishaps will not work either. I also said that after the game. I see some only see what bad comments are made about Matt though.

The biggest Stafford basher (Smitty) has given Matt a lot of praise when it is deserving. I read all posts not just certain ones.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson has more Rushing yards then Bell or Bush.....:wtf:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as that OL has been JD. It has been good enough for them to afford Stafford those 11 wins along with a stout defense. Stafford or any other QB does not win alone nor will he ever. I just notice after he has a bad game I see it was always something else other than just Matt. OL or drops etc... Hell even Lionstop1 has admitted Matt has bad games.

Stafford and his lack of untimely mistakes is not the reason this team is 11-5. Sure it plays it's part. So does the defense and Bell and Riddick's late game heroics. Tate stepping up when CJ was gone. The Stafford lovers act as if this season is Montanaesque all of sudden.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the game threads after the weeks Stafford had really good games? People make the comments after he shows certain traits time and time again. I am not worried about his stats. Yes, I do like the wins. I do not like that he still makes very bad decisions at times. Forcing throws when guys are open elsewhere drives me crazy.

I will say it again... my stance has always been even after wins you can discuss the issues that need work. The OL has sucked almost all year. Kicking sitaution was discussed at length many games.

I just do not get why discussing Matt is always off limits? I really do not see anyone saying Matt was the problem. Part of yes, not the only problem. You think that performance he had with Chicago wins this weekend or against any team in the playoffs will win?

The OL play and ST mishaps will not work either. I also said that after the game. I see some only see what bad comments are made about Matt though.

The biggest Stafford basher (Smitty) has given Matt a lot of praise when it is deserving. I read all posts not just certain ones.

Discussing a bad game or a bad performance is one thing but it seems like the Lions have a losing record when people want to discuss Stafford's work as a whole. Both on these boards and in the local radio shows. And what's a bad performance? A win on the road vs Chicago when you didn't light it up?

It's as if the Lion haters or doubters can never reconcile the fact the Lions have won 11 games and deserve to be in the playoffs! Not backed in but earned the right and could end up as NFC North Champion. You go back through these threads and you find consistent complaints about Stafford's lack of consistency, TDs, Stats, or the by proxy it's Staff's fault when Lombardi is blamed for the lack of offense.

You listen to the talk shows and Stafford is the problem the Lions are not doing better!?

The complaint I heard today was the Lions can't win with the 20th rated QB. Hello they already have! You can have Orton, Smith, and Brees and be watching the playoffs!

How many post has their been about Bell not having a 4.0 rushing average?

It's Lion fan in general that can't get over the Lions are not bad and the bitching is for the sake of bitching.

It's my tangent as I have been hard on the Lions for years but for fuck sake enjoy!:gaah:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as that OL has been JD. It has been good enough for them to afford Stafford those 11 wins along with a stout defense. Stafford or any other QB does not win alone nor will he ever. I just notice after he has a bad game I see it was always something else other than just Matt. OL or drops etc... Hell even Lionstop1 has admitted Matt has bad games.

Stafford and his lack of untimely mistakes is not the reason this team is 11-5. Sure it plays it's part. So does the defense and Bell and Riddick's late game heroics. Tate stepping up when CJ was gone. The Stafford lovers act as if this season is Montanaesque all of sudden.

I don't know I keep using and seeing Game Manager when talking about Stafford. I think he has been Joe Flacco, and that makes sense since Caldwell was in Baltimore. They have Stafford playing not to loose the game with turnovers. So if that's what the coach wants and that's what Stafford gives them is it his fault? Or is it something to find fault in?

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many post has their been about Bell not having a 4.0 rushing average?

On how this pertains to Stafford, Joique Bells production has stayed the same, and his turnovers are down. Stafford on the other hand can only say the same about half that statement.

I'm in the middle on Stafford. So I've debated both sides of the argument. Why on earth people can't look at him for what he is blows my mind. I will argue with anyone who says he's "elite" just as I will anyone who says he's "garbage".

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-5 is great, What isn't great is how they win......They win looking like shit......That won't build confidence in fans that watch the games....Sure it builds confidence in the guy that wakes up in the morning and turns on his coffee pot then flips on Sports center and sees the score then goes to work to tell all the guys how good the Lions are.

If the Lions were kicking the shit out of teams and dominating teams, I'll get on that bus and ride. That isn't the case here.

Lions will get dominated this week at Green Bay. Before anyone has a cow, I said the past two weeks that the Lions would dominate or decimate the Bears and Bucs.

I'm trying to stop the apologist 5 days before it happens with excuses like " It was on the Road in Lambeau" "Back up Center was starting" etc etc.......

Were going to take our lumps this weekend and limp into the playoffs as low seed Wild Card team and No Bye week.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stafford has battled pressure all year. I've read numerous times you're not a fan of Stafford. That door swings both ways. Stafford makes his own mistakes and I(being a Stafford supporter) point them out when I believe he is at fault. This OLine has been awful whether you look for reasons to defend or to bury Stafford. There are as many Stafford apologists as there are Stafford grave diggers. Peyton Manning himself struggles when being pressured. If Stafford is as bad as some suggest, shouldn't he be afforded some slack?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On how this pertains to Stafford, Joique Bells production has stayed the same, and his turnovers are down. Stafford on the other hand can only say the same about half that statement.

I'm in the middle on Stafford. So I've debated both sides of the argument. Why on earth people can't look at him for what he is blows my mind. I will argue with anyone who says he's "elite" just as I will anyone who says he's "garbage".

This is me. Unless he changes parts of his game he will not be thought of as elite IMO. At the same time I do realize he is not Keap either.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you this, I'm happy when Stafford plays well, whether I bashed him or not.

With that being said, there is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, worse than arguing all week with a Stafford hater about how you think Stafford is improving, only for him to suck on Sunday. I usually ignore my phone in that instance.