• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford's Turnovers Way Down

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hold him to a high standard because he has the skill set most QB's dream about.

Possibly the best arm in football
Highly intelligent
Best WR in the last 20 years
30 million dollar #2WR
Highly capable RB's
2 top 20 draft picks at the TE position

Dude has 19/12 with a 85.4 qb rating.

It's his 6th season in the NFL. He is capable of much more and yes, why shouldn't we as fans expect more?

I think you forgot one reason. The main reason why I love Stafford. So before I give my reason, I ll tell you a story. I wasn't thrilled with the Stafford pick as some of the old guys on here might remember. I thought drafting a QB with that line would lead to another shell shocked draft bust. I was in Lexington, Ky building the UK hospital. My buddy calls me and says to meet him in the D for the game I say why not. So I drive up only to watch Brady Quinn put up 21 in a hurry. Oh well Ill just get wasted I thought, maybe sucker punch a Browns fan. Welp sure enough Stafford lights it up and gets them back in the game. End of the game...it appears the last play, Shaun Rogers smashes Stafford injuring his shoulder, but wait....Pass Interference. In trots Daunte Culpepper for the last play with zero's on the clock. But wait...Cleveland calls a timeout. Fat ass Rogers went off the field for oxygen...they wanted to get him back in. During the timeout the fiery Stafford shoved his coach to the ground and ran back onto the field(ok I made that part up). But for real, Stafford with an injured non throwing shoulder comes back in the game. Cool as a cucumber throws a quick dart to Pettigrew. 428 yards and 5TD's. A fan was born that day.

Point is Matt is cool under pressuer, he is ice cold. With the game on the line and mounting pressure, his confidence doesnt waver. We have seen that how many times now? That skill is unmeasurable. He has it, thats all I know. Someday, we will be in that big situation and he will get it done. There are few elite guys, they all share that skill. Am I saying he is elite, no. But it would not surprise me if 5 years from now his eliteness is a no brainer. He is only 26 years old...I dont forget that, seems like some do.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10615510_10203146257567542_3300487257487361844_n.jpg

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Next 13 games

Comp %
Stafford- 60.2 #1 receiver- Megatron 6'5" 45" vertical and 6'10" wingspan
Manning- 66.3 #1 receiver- M.Harrison 6'0" - can't find other measureables

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until this year stafford has had jack shit for a second WR. I dont think anyone is saying the dude will be peyton manning but if tps post is accurate that is still impressive. Stafford will be an elite qb soon.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Harrison is arguably a top-5 all-time WR, certainly top-10. He had an 8 year stretch in the prime of his career as good as anyone ever has.

He may not have had Megatron's physical stature, but Manning certainly wasn't throwing to an average WR.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you dumb fuckers ever watch any other teams play football? Stafford had 2 bad picks today. Yup. Wait around for that perfect QB....wait until you die.

If you watched that game against GB most of Staffords throws sucked
I really have never expected a Lions qb to be all that great. When I was a kid Greg Landry did alright, but since then the Lions qb selection is well, typical ''Lions Curse''.. We will see if Matty can hit his targets this Sunday against a team that I have never liked, kinda hate. Stafford does have to prove himself this Sunday imo if wants to be really recognized as a ''good NFL qb'' ''Leader''

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Ed has come a loooooooong way since hating the shit out of my "The Lions will draft Stafford" thread many years back on Cbs that caused so much chaos.

Stafford's comeback win vs the Browns on nov. 23rd 2009 cemented him the man for a lot of Lions fans, myself included.

He's the Lions QB pretty much for the next 10 years or so. May as well get used to it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you forgot one reason. The main reason why I love Stafford. So before I give my reason, I ll tell you a story. I wasn't thrilled with the Stafford pick as some of the old guys on here might remember. I thought drafting a QB with that line would lead to another shell shocked draft bust. I was in Lexington, Ky building the UK hospital. My buddy calls me and says to meet him in the D for the game I say why not. So I drive up only to watch Brady Quinn put up 21 in a hurry. Oh well Ill just get wasted I thought, maybe sucker punch a Browns fan. Welp sure enough Stafford lights it up and gets them back in the game. End of the game...it appears the last play, Shaun Rogers smashes Stafford injuring his shoulder, but wait....Pass Interference. In trots Daunte Culpepper for the last play with zero's on the clock. But wait...Cleveland calls a timeout. Fat ass Rogers went off the field for oxygen...they wanted to get him back in. During the timeout the fiery Stafford shoved his coach to the ground and ran back onto the field(ok I made that part up). But for real, Stafford with an injured non throwing shoulder comes back in the game. Cool as a cucumber throws a quick dart to Pettigrew. 428 yards and 5TD's. A fan was born that day.

Same day I received my heart transplant. Was watching game highlights when the docs came into the room to tell me they found a match.

Good day.

PS: it was CJ Mosley who crushed Stafford, not Rogers.

PSS: my buddy got me a Stafford's autograph after that game as a get well soon gift. Cherished possession.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS: it was CJ Mosley who crushed Stafford, not Rogers.
Its funny, I saw that yesterday on NFL Network...they had Staff mic'd up that game. Did anyone else see it? It was even better. Screaming in pain because his shoulder popped out, as soon as he hears they called a timeout, he jumps up and says he's going back in. I got a tear.

That being said...my dude has took a beating this year. Sacked a career high amount of times...(what 45 now I lost count). Gets up everytime. He's a tough dude. It wouldn't surprise me to find out he's been playing hurt this year.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Ed has come a loooooooong way since hating the shit out of my "The Lions will draft Stafford" thread many years back on Cbs that caused so much chaos.

My argument was not against Stafford as a player. I thought without an o-line whoever we drafted would just get killed. That darn near came true....or currently is true. Our defense was so awful also, I went with Aaron Curry as my choice. He was the safe pick that year. According to Curry's wikapedia page, Schwartzy agreed, as they quote him on there (yeah for real).

He played an on-the-ball ‘Sam’ linebacker [at Wake Forest], which not a lot of people play anymore. You have to be really strong. But they also put him out in space ... almost like a nickel back. Those are two almost mutually exclusive skill sets. ”
—Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz on Curry.[6]

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point, CoachEd. He could care less that you weren't in the pro-Stafford camp back then, he just feels the need to remind everyone that he predicted, with a whole thread, that we'd draft Stafford, even though that was pretty obvious. But he wants to make it seem like he was alone out on a limb there in hopes of getting some recognition.

Otherwise there's no reason at all to make that post and give himself a pat on the back in the process...

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inspired by the whole thread. I think I'll drown someone in a toilet with one hand....

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point, CoachEd. He could care less that you weren't in the pro-Stafford camp back then, he just feels the need to remind everyone that he predicted, with a whole thread, that we'd draft Stafford, even though that was pretty obvious. But he wants to make it seem like he was alone out on a limb there in hopes of getting some recognition.

Otherwise there's no reason at all to make that post and give himself a pat on the back in the process...

I'm inspired by the whole thread. I think I'll drown someone in a toilet with one hand....

I didn't mean that at all. I was complimenting him. I said that comeback made Stafford the man for a lot of fans, myself included.

Make a New Years resolution to get me off your minds. There must be other people in your life who deserve the attention more than me.

TPaul I thumbed you up in the thread you made about Suh's suspension being over lifted cause you were right. You called it and it involved football. Thumbs up. Doesn't make me dislike you at all.

The shit w Pete's family was heavy. You never know who you're talking shit to and what they might be going through behind that screen.

Hatchet buried. At least for me.

I'll talk football w you both but I'm finished replying to these kinds of posts. You hate me. That's your problem. I don't hate either of you.

Go Lions

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument was not against Stafford as a player. I thought without an o-line whoever we drafted would just get killed. That darn near came true....or currently is true. Our defense was so awful also, I went with Aaron Curry as my choice. He was the safe pick that year. According to Curry's wikapedia page, Schwartzy agreed, as they quote him on there (yeah for real).

He played an on-the-ball ‘Sam’ linebacker [at Wake Forest], which not a lot of people play anymore. You have to be really strong. But they also put him out in space ... almost like a nickel back. Those are two almost mutually exclusive skill sets. ”
—Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz on Curry.[6]

Hey I picked the Lions to go 5-11 this year. I'm just saying you've come a long way and it's good to see. Your post brought back a lot of good feelings for me and I wanted to share w you. :suds:

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR...I never disliked Stafford. I thought he had talent, but I KNEW how bad our team sucked from the ground up. I don't think I was wrong there. The draft is such a crapshoot anyway...Im just effing ecstatic that our pick wasn't a bust...and these guys want to dog him out because he's not up to expectations yet. We couldve had Jason Smith or Curry! Or remember how good that piano player from Oregon was supposed to be? Gheesh.
I'm behind Staff 100%. He will put it together real soon. All it takes is 1 hot streak at the right time. I think he can do it. Hopefully this year right now, but realistically not this year. If our OC and O-line can get just a little bit better, Staff will get a whole lot better.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR...I never disliked Stafford. I thought he had talent, but I KNEW how bad our team sucked from the ground up. I don't think I was wrong there. The draft is such a crapshoot anyway...Im just effing ecstatic that our pick wasn't a bust...and these guys want to dog him out because he's not up to expectations yet. We couldve had Jason Smith or Curry! Or remember how good that piano player from Oregon was supposed to be? Gheesh.
I'm behind Staff 100%. He will put it together real soon. All it takes is 1 hot streak at the right time. I think he can do it. Hopefully this year right now, but realistically not this year. If our OC and O-line can get just a little bit better, Staff will get a whole lot better.

I am behind Stafford and the team 100%. I would love more than anything to be wrong this year. You even feel realistically not this year. I just do not get when some speak of our realistic opinion there is so much grief.
I sure as hell do not expect elite from him. I do expect better for $20 million. The better I speak of is, I keep seeing bits and pieces with sporadic intervals of great play. Then just flat out terrible decision making and horrible accuracy. All within the same game at times. It is frustrating for me is all. It is year 6 then 7. I worry all of sudden it is year 10 and he is still the same QB. I so hope you are right Ed that it is soon he puts it all together.

I also agree with the OL and OC comments. At the same time I have seen young QB's have great success with subpar OL units and surely with less weapons this Detroit offense has. Lombardi and Caldwell have helped and hurt him IMO. I do not need 5,000 and 40+ TDs. I just want more consistant play week in and week out.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean that at all. I was complimenting him. I said that comeback made Stafford the man for a lot of fans, myself included.

Make a New Years resolution to get me off your minds. There must be other people in your life who deserve the attention more than me.

TPaul I thumbed you up in the thread you made about Suh's suspension being over lifted cause you were right. You called it and it involved football. Thumbs up. Doesn't make me dislike you at all.

The shit w Pete's family was heavy. You never know who you're talking shit to and what they might be going through behind that screen.

Hatchet buried. At least for me.

I'll talk football w you both but I'm finished replying to these kinds of posts. You hate me. That's your problem. I don't hate either of you.

Go Lions

What's not to hate? I absolutely don't believe for an instant that you'll be able to control yourself. You'll try to be clever with your digs, but you'll fail. I am willing to wait for the first time you do it to resume humiliating you, though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's not to hate? I absolutely don't believe for an instant that you'll be able to control yourself. You'll try to be clever with your digs, but you'll fail. I am willing to wait for the first time you do it to resume humiliating you, though.

I've never felt humiliated by anyone here but myself for dragging this feud out at the expense of the other people on this board.

But you'll have your chance. My bet is we end up breaking bread, drinking and smoking a j together and laughing about all of this.

Go Lions

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's the Lions QB pretty much for the next 10 years or so. May as well get used to it.

Tolerate Matty is more like it.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Harrison is arguably a top-5 all-time WR, certainly top-10. He had an 8 year stretch in the prime of his career as good as anyone ever has.

He may not have had Megatron's physical stature, but Manning certainly wasn't throwing to an average WR.

I didn't say Harrison sucked by any stretch. I'm just mentioning the accuracy. Manning has superior accuracy with considerably smaller target as a #1 receiver. Even Staff's completions don't hit anyone in stride.

Not here to bash as the rest of Staff's numbers are similar to Manning's which I can appreciate. He really needs to work on his accuracy though, in a major major way, for the Leo's to become perennial playoff contenders.

Just here to play devil's advocate Tpaul. :suds: