• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford Signed

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can, however, not pay the guy as if he's changed the success of the franchise. The guy has yet to win a damn playoff game in 8 years. Yet he's the highest paid NFL player in history?

No, either you sign him or let him walk. In the NFL, it is a QB driven league. You don't let your franchise QB walk. He hits the open market and he would of gotten way more.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was not the contract extension to trade him or let him walk. The next one is a more likely time if the negotiations seem less than team friendly. A productive quarterback, under 30, liked by team, organization and most of all the fans, makes him worth locking up for as long as you can.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, either you sign him or let him walk. In the NFL, it is a QB driven league. You don't let your franchise QB walk. He hits the open market and he would of gotten way more.
Pure speculation because it would depend on where he goes and who's holding all the cards. Although, you might be right about Stafford only seeing dollar signs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really much the Lions can do.

You can't let the guy walk and he is still way in the prime of his career with tons of starting experience and arm talent.

We could be the Jets and be rolling out McCown and Hackenberg. No thanks
I honestly don't think his prime has started yet.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can, however, not pay the guy as if he's changed the success of the franchise. The guy has yet to win a damn playoff game in 8 years. Yet he's the highest paid NFL player in history?
The only Lions QB to win a playoff game in most of our lifetimes is Erik Kramer.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure speculation because it would depend on where he goes and who's holding all the cards. Although, you might be right about Stafford only seeing dollar signs.

The QB's always hold all the cards. The only time they don't is when they are in their rookie contracts. Hell, even backups get like 4-5 million a year. Glennon got 15 million! Dude hasn't proved shit.

So giving 27 million to a legit starting QB who has improved almost every year he has been in the league and not missed a game in 6 years, is not a stretch. Watch what Cousins gets this off-season and you will be happy with this contract, a year from now.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB's always hold all the cards. The only time they don't is when they are in their rookie contracts. Hell, even backups get like 4-5 million a year. Glennon got 15 million! Dude hasn't proved shit.
Cough-cough... Colin Kaepernick. j/k I'm sure it was for other reasons, but I'll stick with he sucks (generally speaking).

So giving 27 million to a legit starting QB who has improved almost every year he has been in the league and not missed a game in 6 years, is not a stretch. Watch what Cousins gets this off-season and you will be happy with this contract, a year from now.
I had the Patriots in mind during the my last comment, they always seem to get good players for less. Brady came in the league in 2000, not sure how much longer he'll be around.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cough-cough... Colin Kaepernick. j/k I'm sure it was for other reasons, but I'll stick with he sucks (generally speaking).

Well, we don't have to worry about Stafford kneeling during the national anthem or wearing Fidel Castro T-shirts at least.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the Patriots in mind during the my last comment, they always seem to get good players for less. Brady came in the league in 2000, not sure how much longer he'll be around.

Their days are coming to an end... Maybe 1 to 3 good years left. Belicheck will retire shortly after Brady. Dude won't see his legend be ruined once Brady isn't around anymore.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You okay with your "franchise QB" not bringing you ANYTHING in terms of success? He's a stat machine, no more, no less. No playoff wins, no division titles, no back to back winning seasons or back to back playoff appearances. Yeah, you've made the playoffs 3 times in the last 6 years, but have nothing to show for it. Only 7 current starting QBs have a worse winning % than Stafford. Bortles, Glennon, Josh McCown, Mariota, Bradford, Goff and Wentz.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You okay with your "franchise QB" not bringing you ANYTHING in terms of success? He's a stat machine, no more, no less. No playoff wins, no division titles, no back to back winning seasons or back to back playoff appearances. Yeah, you've made the playoffs 3 times in the last 6 years, but have nothing to show for it. Only 7 current starting QBs have a worse winning % than Stafford. Bortles, Glennon, Josh McCown, Mariota, Bradford, Goff and Wentz.

One person does not make a team great, but the wrong QB can destroy a team faster than any other piece. I'll take Stafford as the focus of the Lions offense. Other pieces are coming into place for the organization.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One person does not make a team great, but the wrong QB can destroy a team faster than any other piece. I'll take Stafford as the focus of the Lions offense. Other pieces are coming into place for the organization.

Look at the Colts when they didn't have a good QB. Went from two straight division titles, released Peyton, went 2-14, drafted Luck, 11-5 three straight years with 2 straight division titles. Without luck, 8-8 the last two years. While I would agree that one person doesn't make a team great, 1 key person can turn things around for the better or worse.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Colts when they didn't have a good QB. Went from two straight division titles, released Peyton, went 2-14, drafted Luck, 11-5 three straight years with 2 straight division titles. Without luck, 8-8 the last two years. While I would agree that one person doesn't make a team great, 1 key person can turn things around for the better or worse.

If thats all you are missing is a QB then yes. If half your team was not even practice squad material until a couple years ago then no.