• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford: keep or new QB?

Keep Stafford or find a new QB?

• Keep him.

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Lose him and find a new QB.

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the new regime keep him or find their own guy? What do you want to see more?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as he has been at times, he is still the best QB Detroit has had since Bobby Layne. So I voted keep him, but if the right trade came along, I would not be opposed to trading him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think would be fine with Stafford at a lower salary, but I think a true rebuild will require the Lions to eat his dead money in one year and move on. Same goes for Calvin

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at his advanced stats (I am not a big fan of these) he is the example of average.:eek:

upload_2015-11-5_15-41-58.png

100 is average higher is better.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep him. Fix the offensive line.

He's still capable of 4,000+ yards passing and 25+ TDs, but he needs to have more than two seconds from the snap of the ball to do it and he needs to have something resembling a running game to take the heat off of him.

There's no quarterback available better than he is - via free agency or the draft.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep him. Fix the offensive line.

He's still capable of 4,000+ yards passing and 25+ TDs, but he needs to have more than two seconds from the snap of the ball to do it and he needs to have something resembling a running game to take the heat off of him.

There's no quarterback available better than he is - via free agency or the draft.

This is true. If they are going to replace him it wont be this offseason. They will most likely wait 1 more. They could take a shot on a flier QB. Thunder's boy Lynch might be the guy if he lasts until the second round.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one who thinks he is a great QB, and if Andrew Luck was coming out this year, by all means ditch Stafford and take him. But Luck isn't coming out this year. Conner Cook is who many people say is the best QB in the draft, and as a State fan I'm not sure he is much better than Hoyer, Cousins, or Stanton. Better potentials physically for certain, but I'm not sure better QB.

Conner Cook is actually pretty similar to Stafford as prospects. I think any situation that he would be successful in, Stafford would be successful too. And any situation that Stafford looks terrible in (like right now) Cook wouldn't have a chance either.

Long story short, keep Stafford. There isn't any better options right now.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one who thinks he is a great QB, and if Andrew Luck was coming out this year, by all means ditch Stafford and take him. But Luck isn't coming out this year. Conner Cook is who many people say is the best QB in the draft, and as a State fan I'm not sure he is much better than Hoyer, Cousins, or Stanton. Better potentials physically for certain, but I'm not sure better QB.

Conner Cook is actually pretty similar to Stafford as prospects. I think any situation that he would be successful in, Stafford would be successful too. And any situation that Stafford looks terrible in (like right now) Cook wouldn't have a chance either.

Long story short, keep Stafford. There isn't any better options right now.

Looks like Luck kind of sucks too behind that garbage Oline. I wouldn't want a guy like that. LOL

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep him. You can win with mediocre.

I just accept that even when he has time to throw he will still have stupid turnovers. All of his issues are not on the OL. You feel they're and you are a blinded homer.

He can win with a mid range run game and defense. He will never carry the Lions to the playoffs alone.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only a hand full of elite QBs and I would much rather spend this high draft pick fixing one of the lines rather than taking a shot at a QB that isn't likely to be any better than Stafford. I know a lot of you complain about his salary but if it's out of line for the position and production, it's low. there are QBs who haven't been to the playoffs, who haven't won many games, who make millions more than Stafford. He certainly hasn't proven that he's elite, that he can carry a team to the playoffs, to a Superbowl, but, again, there are only a few of those guys. With the right team around him, he can win. I would trade him for the right price but I don't believe he would command what I'd have to get for him.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replace him with who though? I mean, it should be blatantly obvious that only a few teams have the luxury of having elite QBs. All the average guys like Dalton, Ryan, and a few others are winning because they have good teams and good coaching. Stafford doesn't have to be elite or carry the team on his back, he just has to help them win.

This is one of those things that we have to be careful what we ask for again. I would be flat out pissed if we got rid of him and couldn't find another decent QB for years.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still thinking Denver is and could be the spot for him. Elway went on record, stating that he likes Stafford and I can see a scenerio where they trade with Detroit for him.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard JaMarcus Russell is working out.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some ugly shit starting to come out about Stafford...apparently Lombardi grew frustrated w him, said he couldn't pick up the O. JBC had to "simplify" the offense for Stafford. Sounds like no one on this staff thought Stafford has a big football IQ.

I expect more to start flushing out as the year passes us by.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose the sidewinder.. I would rather see the Lions get Fitzpatrick from the Jets in the off season than see Stafford start for the Lions next season. imo Fitz is better

Last edited:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replace him with who though? I mean, it should be blatantly obvious that only a few teams have the luxury of having elite QBs. All the average guys like Dalton, Ryan, and a few others are winning because they have good teams and good coaching. Stafford doesn't have to be elite or carry the team on his back, he just has to help them win.

This is one of those things that we have to be careful what we ask for again. I would be flat out pissed if we got rid of him and couldn't find another decent QB for years.

First, I need to who kidnapped Yao.

Second, I agree with you completely on a Stafford post.

Third, whomever they hire, one has to be a QB whisper between QB coach, OC, and HC