• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

St. Louis Rams.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we haven't talked about this game much, at least not compared to rehashing the last one - and so here's a thread devoted to it.

The Rams lost 28-0 to the 49ers on Monday - and they didn't look all that good for much of the game. Case Keenum has been named the starter for week 2, but Jared Goff will at least suit up as the #2 this time. Todd Gurley is guaranteeing a win this week, hoping to be the latest Joe Namath, but in week 2 instead of the Super Bowl. Maybe this year we won't be fooled on special teams.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the sort of game we need to win. I can live with winning ugly but winning is mandatory.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah a win is a must, but seriously want to see a beat down put on the Rams. Tired of " they play the Seahawks tough" crap.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we copy the niners game plan, shut down gurley, we can win the battle of attrition.

just hoping we dont need a 4th quarter game winning drive.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for our defense to feast on Case Keenum

Now if Pete can get his head out of trying to outsmart and out coach Fisher. He's a mediocre coach who is willing to take creative risks.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need some smack talk frkm our offense.

Rams defense is unhinged. They can blowup. Sf game is a good point

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the name of this team was the Jaguars or Saints or Browns, I would be confident in a blowout. But just something about this damn team that we have a problem with. That "something", of course, is the OL/DL matchup that they've just eaten our lunch over for a few years now.

As much as we want to get over the hump with this opponent, it's absolutely not a must win game. Of course we want to win it and it's important to do so (like every other game), but this team has proven the last 4 years that it can lose to the Rams and still go on to have a great season. Dropping this one tomorrow won't kill our chances for greatness this year. But yeah, it would be another iteration of head scratching and frustration that we weren't able to knock off a clearly inferior opponent.

I'm predicting 16-10 win, but I honestly don't understand why we cannot beat these guys by 2 TDs and salt it away comfortably in the 4th qtr. It really shouldn't be a nail biter or require another last minute RW comeback job. Wouldn't surprise me if it goes down that way though....just cuz "Rams." Hopefully the 2016 team has had enough of that crap and the real Seahawks finally show up in this rivalry.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gone back and forth on this game, the Rams with the home opener in LA and RW a little banged up is going to be a little tough for the Hawks to overcome, plus the Rams played just terrible last week, they're going to be fired up to prove it was a fluke. But I just can't get out of my mind how poorly the Rams played against another terrible team.

I think the Hawks pull this one out but it's going to be ugly and require some alcohol on my part...

Hawks - 16
Rams - 9

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the name of this team was the Jaguars or Saints or Browns, I would be confident in a blowout. But just something about this damn team that we have a problem with. That "something", of course, is the OL/DL matchup that they've just eaten our lunch over for a few years now.

As much as we want to get over the hump with this opponent, it's absolutely not a must win game. Of course we want to win it and it's important to do so (like every other game), but this team has proven the last 4 years that it can lose to the Rams and still go on to have a great season. Dropping this one tomorrow won't kill our chances for greatness this year. But yeah, it would be another iteration of head scratching and frustration that we weren't able to knock off a clearly inferior opponent.

I'm predicting 16-10 win, but I honestly don't understand why we cannot beat these guys by 2 TDs and salt it away comfortably in the 4th qtr. It really shouldn't be a nail biter or require another last minute RW comeback job. Wouldn't surprise me if it goes down that way though....just cuz "Rams." Hopefully the 2016 team has had enough of that crap and the real Seahawks finally show up in this rivalry.

Losing doesn't put the Seahawks out of contention obviously, but with Panthers, Packers, Patriots and 2 against the Cards, losing to a team that may be the worse in the league would be very bad.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing doesn't put the Seahawks out of contention obviously, but with Panthers, Packers, Patriots and 2 against the Cards, losing to a team that may be the worse in the league would be very bad.
Of course it would be bad to lose. It almost always is. But at the very worst, we are tied with AZ after tomorrow. I think we can somehow carry on from there if that's the case.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seahawks are going to put a stomping on the Rams. 38-3.:nod:

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its gonna be a close game. Rams always play Seattle tough and its their LA home opener.

Hawks should win but I could see it being a victory of less than 3 points.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am curious to see how the home field works out for the Rams in their first game back after 20+ years.

I lived in LA for 20 years, never went to a Rams game, but quite a few Raiders games when they played Seattle.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me about this game is that most teams when they lose in an embarrassing way like the Rams did last week teams usually play with a chip on their shoulder the following week and considering this is their home opener makes things interesting. The rams where a laughing stock all week with them moving to LA and their number 1 pick not even making the active playing roster I am sure they are motivated to play us tomorrow.

Maybe we can stack the box like the 49ers did and see if Case Keenum can challenge our secondary. Now with Rawls back and jimmy G getting healthier how will they play in our offense and of course our OL matching up against their DL