• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haters ( mainly Lakers fans especially CL67) I have a question for you

In the last 11 the years the Heat/Spurs have won the most titles in the league.

We are one of the best modern day franchises. Live with it

er, this was a question...?

how cute. 3 titles...:lol:

and obtw, 5 titles this century alone doesn't make the Lakers the same? i'm NOT QUITE following your logic here, punchline...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
er, this was a question...?

how cute. 3 titles...:lol:

and obtw, 5 titles this century alone doesn't make the Lakers the same? i'm NOT QUITE following your logic here, punchline...

The Heat are one of the best modern day franchises and I know that eats at you because last year you and your Lakers buddies said we were a terrible franchise.

Here is the truth of the matter, since the heat came in the NBA, not many teams have won more titles than they have. The list is very short. I believe only the Laker, Bulls, and Spurs have won more titles since the Heat came into the NBA. Virtually we are a top 5 franchise.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are one of the best modern day franchises and I know that eats at you because last year you and your Lakers buddies said we were a terrible franchise.
er, no. LOL, at least TRY not to put words in our mouths, young fella. WHAT we've said is that the Heat got away with COLLUSION and utter arrogance. do find where we said they were terrible...

nope, what "eats at me" is when the bad guys win, but it happens sometimes...

Here is the truth of the matter, since the heat came in the NBA, not many teams have won more titles than they have. The list is very short. I believe only the Laker, Bulls, and Spurs have won more titles since the Heat came into the NBA. Virtually we are a top 5 franchise.

k, guess that impresses the heck outta YOU. you also failed to put this in the form of a question(again)...:lol:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the heat get away with collusion? You have proof of Pat Riley and LBJ talking while he was in Cleveland? Show me the rule that states players on another teams are not allowed to talk then you may have a point.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that i'm happy for the dude because you can tell he is genuinely good person that works hard at his game. He plays the game the right way sometimes to a fault and people hate him for it. I especially like the way he dominated last night with the jumpers and clutch baskets[QUOTE]. I do know this however, when given the option to change their minds or prove they were right most people get busy on looking for the proof instead of just admitting they were wrong.[/
QUOTE]

When other fans bases hate your team, it is a good thing. Nobody hates bad teams.

The problem with most of the haters here is that they want to argue (our) facts vs their bullshit.

Even their man Magic was proud to call James ' the face of the NBA'.
James FOR THE MOST part, is a class act by any 'normal' standard.
For the spotlight he lives under, which comes with the territory, he should be viewed as a terrific role model. His heart is good, his intentions are good, and he seems sincere.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did the heat get away with collusion? You have proof of Pat Riley and LBJ talking while he was in Cleveland? Show me the rule that states players on another teams are not allowed to talk then you may have a point.

lol, are we REALLY gonna get on this again? honestly Flauge said it best the other day. just get rid of the rule and no one would say boo about it. it's obvious that no one gives a rat's ass about enforcing it...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Heat!! What a great series and a great last 2 games!! It was truly one of those series where it's a shame that someone had to lose!!

The difference in the Series? Lebron plays for Miami and not San Antonio!! The Heat needed a monster performance from Lebron and that is what he gave them!! I don't have to like it, but I do have to respect it!!

As a basketball fan, thank you to both teams for a memorable series!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, are we REALLY gonna get on this again? honestly Flauge said it best the other day. just get rid of the rule and no one would say boo about it. it's obvious that no one gives a rat's ass about enforcing it...

CL, (in a very civil voice).

Do you know/understand what the rules are? Who broke any rule?

Players talk ALL THE TIME. Your hear the Paul/Howard chatter don't you?
These guys are mostly all friends. All looking to win. All looking to explore all options and do which is best for THEM.
Different players have different priorities. Some first and foremost want every nickel they can get.
Some are willing to sacrifice some $$ in an effort to hope build a better roster.

There is no right or wrong. It is their choice.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at the class Duncan showed in congratulating the Heat players. Now compare that to how when Lebron loses he runs off the court without shaking any hands, and doesn't bother going to the podiom...

And people wonder why Lebron is hated and why no one wants the media shoving him down our faces?

Lebron averaged 25 pts in the series and shot 46 pct....

Lebron did everything possible to lose the series in the last minutes of game 6 but was bailed out by Allen and a choking spurs team...

Hitting wide open jumpers against a deflated Spurs team doesn't change the fact that Lebron choked game 6 shooting airballs with the season on the line...

Blame Popovich for this series loss with awful coaching in game 6, and failing to make any defensive adjustments in game 7. I know the strategy was to leave lebron wide open to shoot jumpers, but come on, this is the nba. If a guy can't hit a wide open jumper why is he in the league.

At some point, Spurs might try and guard Lebron. Just look at all Lebron's points. Wide open jumpers as if he was in a gym, practicing by himself...

Not impressive. Sorry.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the class Duncan showed in congratulating the Heat players. Now compare that to how when Lebron loses he runs off the court without shaking any hands, and doesn't bother going to the podiom...

And people wonder why Lebron is hated and why no one wants the media shoving him down our faces?

Lebron averaged 25 pts in the series and shot 46 pct....

Lebron did everything possible to lose the series in the last minutes of game 6 but was bailed out by Allen and a choking spurs team...

Hitting wide open jumpers against a deflated Spurs team doesn't change the fact that Lebron choked game 6 shooting airballs with the season on the line...

Blame Popovich for this series loss with awful coaching in game 6, and failing to make any defensive adjustments in game 7. I know the strategy was to leave lebron wide open to shoot jumpers, but come on, this is the nba. If a guy can't hit a wide open jumper why is he in the league.

At some point, Spurs might try and guard Lebron. Just look at all Lebron's points. Wide open jumpers as if he was in a gym, practicing by himself...

Not impressive. Sorry.

Seriously?!? C'mon man!! He had those open jumpers because that is the weakest part of his game!! The Spurs knew that they had to give him something, so they gave him the weakest part of his game, were willing to live with the results and it almost worked!! In the 4th quarter of game 6 and all of game 7 he hit those shots!! Just give him the credit for hitting the shots and move on!!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I want to say this....

The impossible happened.

The thing that even the most die-hard homer Heat fan did not see happening.

The one thing that everyone was in consensus that the Spurs had the biggest advantage in.

The impossible.

Spo outcoached Pop.

Especially in Games 6 and 7.

All the anti-Spo crap can get checked at the door.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Heat!! What a great series and a great last 2 games!! It was truly one of those series where it's a shame that someone had to lose!!

The difference in the Series? Lebron plays for Miami and not San Antonio!! The Heat needed a monster performance from Lebron and that is what he gave them!! I don't have to like it, but I do have to respect it!!

As a basketball fan, thank you to both teams for a memorable series!!
That was a classic series. As a basketball fan that ranks up there with some of the best battles I have ever been able to witness. Can't say enough how classy the Spurs are.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HORNS STAMPEDE IS A GREAT CLASS ACT

Congrats Miami.

SA played their defensive gameplan perfectly. But, Miami simply outshot the gameplan.

Miami just made every long 2pt jump shot and 3 pointer.
They missed all their layup and short shots....but they were freakishly good from distance.

I don't think Miami had more than 20 points in the paint in either game 6 or 7.
That is why the vagaries of basketball can be so unpredictable.

Oh well, the SPurs are in great shape.
They should have close to 25-30 million in cap space with a very young group of guys if they don't resign Ginobili

Back to College Football.
It is 99% of my Sports fandom, but the Spurs are a great diversion in the offseason.

See you around on the CFB board Horns.

You're a class act.:10:

How did Timmy miss that bunny to tie the game with little Battier on him? I thought for sure he would make it
HORNS STAMPEDE,I JUST HATE WHEN THE SPURS PLAY THE HEAT.
BECAUSE,I LUV THE HEAT ,SPURS AND CELTICS. THE SPURS WERE GRACIOUS IN DEFEAT.
COACH POPPOVCH REACHED OUT AND HUGGED -D WADE and LERON JAMES-WTH OPEN ARMS AND CONGRATULATIONS..

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a classic series. As a basketball fan that ranks up there with some of the best battles I have ever been able to witness. Can't say enough how classy the Spurs are.

:agree: As much as I am a die-hard Lakers fan, I am a basketball fan first and appreciate great games and series!! This one ranks with the best I've seen too!! My only complaint is that the Lakers weren't in it!!:lol:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: As much as I am a die-hard Lakers fan, I am a basketball fan first and appreciate great games and series!! This one ranks with the best I've seen too!! My only complaint is that the Lakers weren't in it!!:lol:
Hopefully the Lakers will be there next year against the Heat. Thats what everyone wants to see. Lebron against Kobe. I just hope Kobe comes back at full strength. I have more appreciation for his game now that he is hurt.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that was a fun series to watch. I'm not sure I'd rank it as an all time classic though. Too many blow outs. Only 3 of the 7 games were close. Game 6 was certainly one for the ages though!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Lakers will be there next year against the Heat. Thats what everyone wants to see. Lebron against Kobe. I just hope Kobe comes back at full strength. I have more appreciation for his game now that he is hurt.

That would be nice, but in all honesty, barring a minor miracle, the Lakers are a couple of seasons away!!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only complaint is the wrong team won. :gaah:

All kidding aside, this is the only proper smiley we can give the Heat. :clap:

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHOSE STUPID NOW WIK3 ?

:bullshit:

Unless you're giving up 6 points that's stupid as hell...:laugh3:

I HAD THE GAME STRAIGHT UP AND $ 5000.00 TO WIN AND COVER THE 6.PT. SPREAD.
GET OFF WELFARE WIK ITA3--AND WATCH YOUR FILTHY LANGUAGE ON THIS FORUM.
IF ANYONE IS STUPID IT WOULD BE YOU,U PICKED THE LAKERS TO BEAT THE SPURS.
WHOSE IS STUPID NOW--YOU ARE THE DUMBEST OF ALL.WIKITA:lol::lol::lol: