• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Thoughts

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I normally don't put any stock into ST games .... but ...

Facking Zito still looks like the Zito from last year and the year before and the year before and you get the message. With Vogs out for a few more weeks that moves him into the number 4 SP position for a while ... heaven help us ..

Pagan is another scary item for me. Our starting CF looks lost offensively. I know it's only ST but all I ever see is 0 for whatever. Sure the hell don't look like a leadoff hitter right now ....

But we also have some good signs. Our three top starters have looked really sharp. Buster is recovering much faster than I expected. Melky looks really good.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm getting the same feeling as last year....there will be a ton of low scoring games which will frustrate the crap out of us. Will the offense be better? Will Sanchez and Vogelsong be healthy and productive?

Zito looks terrible...you just have to hope he finds it inside himself to step up somehow...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zito will be Zito; there is no reason to expect that he'll change. He'll toss 180 innings of 4.50 ERA ball. The Giants offense will score 0.5 more runs per game than last year and that'll be good enough to win the division. Will it be torture? Sure. But those 2-1 losses last year will be 3-2 wins this year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zito will be Zito; there is no reason to expect that he'll change. He'll toss 180 innings of 4.50 ERA ball. The Giants offense will score 0.5 more runs per game than last year and that'll be good enough to win the division. Will it be torture? Sure. But those 2-1 losses last year will be 3-2 wins this year.

This sounds about right, although I don't think we can so blithely say we'll win the division. AZ looks a little better than we do on paper. I'm sticking with my oh-so-scientific % chances to win the West:

40% Dbags
35% Our Guys
12% Rox
10% Dogs
3% Maxis