• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daniel Jones

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet that’s EXACTLY what the eagles did with wentz. The Eagles paid wentz 9 figures before they had to and Eagles fans said it was a good move.

Can you read? Daniel Jones is in his 3rd year. They do not need to invest in him yet. He isn't a free agent. They need to fix their offensive line for Jones and Barkley's sake.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't think that's true. Herbert and Burrow haven't had to deal with 3 years of the awful offensive line that Jones has had. The Giants have had a horrendous offensive line for a really long time now. Preceding Jones. It's a horrifically bad unit and the main reason I would say that franchise has turned into such a major dumpster fire for over half a decade now.
Since RTK is defending him, it seals the deal on DJ.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants have been one of the worst franchises for a player to be drafted into over the past 5+ years. It will drag down even the most gifted and everything you'd want in a player like Barkley.

They have to clean house. Entire FO and coaching staff gone. Bring in a new GM.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not to anyone that hasn't been drinking the blue kool-aid and the Giants FO.

If anything, they should poke the Russell Wilson camp this offseason... again.
Why would wilson go there....they got nothing and would have to give up even more to get him. Use the picks and get jones help. Saquon is the true bust. More glass than Greg Oden.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is in the 'bridge' QB tier imo. Sits as the 21-23rd best QB in the league right now in a lot of metrics. Giants have the worst red zone offense in the NFL, though.

Saquon Barkley was a generational talent at RB coming out and he is busting fairly hard so all signs point to organizational issues imo. Im generally of the opinion that if they went after Wilson then he would stink in New York.

Imo Giants should build a team with their draft picks and keep Jones around for the ride. Eventually pick up his replacement 1-2 years from now.
The QB class in the 2022 draft isn't very good.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put, they need to move on but there is nowhere to move on to until they fix all the other problems. Starting with the FO. If they sell their draft picks for a QB, they go nowhere. There's no upgrade in the draft at QB so keep Jones around on his rookie deal and hope a new management team gets it right. If not, they are just running around in a circle chasing their tail.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,768.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that the g men are always blaming there offensive line when things don’t go well for a qb which is quit frankly too damn often if you ask me as I’m a huge fan. You never hear the packers or the chiefs complaing about there line. They always find a quality QB. It just seems like giants always find duds. I know ppl will say let’s give him more years. But I don’t know how many more years the fans will put up with this production on the field.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that the g men are always blaming there offensive line when things don’t go well for a qb which is quit frankly too damn often if you ask me as I’m a huge fan. You never hear the packers or the chiefs complaing about there line. They always find a quality QB. It just seems like giants always find duds. I know ppl will say let’s give him more years. But I don’t know how many more years the fans will put up with this production on the field.

Because those teams build up their offensive lines. With the Chiefs, Andy Reid always values the investing in the offensive line dating back to his days with the Eagles. Daniel Jones probably isn't the guy at QB, but if they make a move to bring in someone like Russell Wilson or draft another QB then they will run into the same issues of not having an offensive line worth a damn to protect them.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put, they need to move on but there is nowhere to move on to until they fix all the other problems. Starting with the FO. If they sell their draft picks for a QB, they go nowhere. There's no upgrade in the draft at QB so keep Jones around on his rookie deal and hope a new management team gets it right. If not, they are just running around in a circle chasing their tail.

This is correct. If they want to get it right, they need to fix their lines on both sides of the ball first. Once they get that done then they move to the skill players. They've been doing it backwards for too long....drafting skill players when they need the horses inside

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is correct. If they want to get it right, they need to fix their lines on both sides of the ball first. Once they get that done then they move to the skill players. They've been doing it backwards for too long....drafting skill players when they need the horses inside
Yep. There's a few franchises out there that have been doing this same thing for years and never won anything. Too many GMs, coaches, owners and fans infatuated with the shiny toys (cough, Pete Carroll).
Makes me think of the construction trades that I worked in for years. A pretty staircase or light fixtures more important than a properly built foundation or proper electrical, plumbing, HVAC systems.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I said it in another thread but every single transaction this off-season for the Giants needs to be on the lines. It's cliche but games are won in the trenches. Skill positions are a dime a dozen, you can't win with all skill positions.

Their best bet is draft lines, whatever cap space they have bring in more lineman and the only non line transaction I'd make I'd a QB like Bridgewater to push/act as security blanket.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I said it in another thread but every single transaction this off-season for the Giants needs to be on the lines. It's cliche but games are won in the trenches. Skill positions are a dime a dozen, you can't win with all skill positions.

Their best bet is draft lines, whatever cap space they have bring in more lineman and the only non line transaction I'd make I'd a QB like Bridgewater to push/act as security blanket.
Yes, partially but also make sure they have the proper coaches for these guys in the trenches. For all the fancy looks and schemes out there in the modern NFL, the guys up front have to be properly coached up on their assignments and prepared. Good blocking schemes that create opportunities for the skill guys can make an offense dynamic. Talent is vital but using the talent properly is an absolute must.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bridgewater and Jones are pretty much the same guy imo.

I do think the Giants need to get their oline to at least average just to see what they actually have.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 2 top 10 picks the Giants should draft the top 2 O-linemen available. Get the run game going to take some pressure off Daniel Jones.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones has shown flashes but also that he can't stay on the field. There doesn't seem much coming out of the draft this year so I would bring him back for next year but would not pick up the 5th year option where they'd actually have to pay him.
They have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds including 2 that will be top 10 if not top 6. If they could flip some of that capital (Maybe a one this year and their 1 next year) for Wilson and still make some good picks to shore up the line they could get much better quickly.
However, they have a ton of holes and if they stay in house for GM I don't see them drafting any better than they have the last few years.