• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Top 25 Week 6 discussion

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, MTSU before Ole Miss, ULM before Georgia, Bye before LSU, and Charleston Southern before Auburn? Nah, no one takes a week off before big games right?

Did you read what I posted?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Road wins are tougher to get thus better wins

Sure road wins are tougher to get...but not fucking Iowa State. The last three seasons they are 4-12 at HOME. With two of those wins against Kansas and another against an FCS team. Hell they've even LOST two games at HOME against FCS schools over that span.

Not all road games are created equal. Give anybody the option if they'd rather play Bama on a neutral field or Iowa State on the road. EVERYBODY would choose to play Iowa State on the road.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah so he's talking shit on the VERN? :dhd:

It is the most objective, it isn't really a poll.

It simply measures a teams opponents' records and the records of their opponents' opponents in determining schedule strength.

Pure. No previous seasons to dirty it up, no preconceptions about who is better before games are even played.

It's a useful tool in helping to determine predictive ratings.
What? No bias? No prejudice? We can't have any of that now can we?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure road wins are tougher to get...but not fucking Iowa State. The last three seasons they are 4-12 at HOME. With two of those wins against Kansas and another against an FCS team. Hell they've even LOST two games at HOME against FCS schools over that span.

Not all road games are created equal. Give anybody the option if they'd rather play Bama on a neutral field or Iowa State on the road. EVERYBODY would choose to play Iowa State on the road.
I don't care about the last 3 seasons eric. They aren't relevant to how I rank teams. Iowa St may end up 2-10 or,they may end up 10-2. But RIGHT NOW they're 2-2 with 2 blowout wins and 2 losses to undefeated teams. 1 on the road in OT in a game they should have won and a 14 pt home loss to iowa. That's ALL I'm basing my rankings off of. What has actually happened.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA is overrated and I knew it all along. Doesnt change the fact Alabama is still a legit contender and they had a fluke game against Ole Miss where everything went wrong. Ole Miss was lucky to get Bama at the beginning of the season, especially since their o-line is getting even worse now. They will need to get Tunsil back or I could see them have 2 or 3 losses easy.

Alabama should be in front of Ole Miss bc of that Florida loss where they got absolutely destroyed. That was domination.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about the last 3 seasons eric. They aren't relevant to how I rank teams. Iowa St may end up 2-10 or,they may end up 10-2. But RIGHT NOW they're 2-2 with 2 blowout wins and 2 losses to undefeated teams. 1 on the road in OT in a game they should have won and a 14 pt home loss to iowa. That's ALL I'm basing my rankings off of. What has actually happened.

Iowa State has done nothing on the field to show they're a decent football or have a pulse. If Iowa State is considered anything more than average because they beat two FCS programs by 49 total points then more than half the teams in college football are above average wins.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa State has done nothing on the field to show they're a decent football or have a pulse. If Iowa State is considered anything more than average because they beat two FCS programs by 49 total points then more than half the teams in college football are above average wins.
Sue. Not saying they're goos. Not saying they're bad. Honestly it's too early to tell. We shall see

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's fine, but not all road games are created equal. Iowa State has a mid major stadium. And yes at this point in the season Arizona State is a better win than Iowa State. I don't care if it's road, home or neutral.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but not all road games are created equal. Iowa State has a mid major stadium. And yes at this point in the season Arizona State is a better win than Iowa State. I don't care if it's road, home or neutral.
Probably but AZ State is TAMU best win. Iowa's win at Wisconsin is at that same,level and Iowa has better back up wins. That's just fact

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way to measure Home Field Advantage is thru Conference play over long periods of time.
Same teams. Home/Home alternating.

Taking my team since WWII winning percentage in conference play.
Home 82.8%
Away 76.3%

Don't know if 6.5% translates to 3.5 points home field advantage but seems pretty substantial.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably but AZ State is TAMU best win. Iowa's win at Wisconsin is at that same,level and Iowa has better back up wins. That's just fact

Yet Texas A&M has played a much more difficult schedule. Which is also fact.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Texas A&M has played a much more difficult schedule. Which is also fact.
Actually current SOS is Iowa 35 and TAMU 38. As I said, very similar, you must be looking at future SOS. Anyway it's a common mistake so no biggie. As I said I don't even use SOS because it's not a reliable stat. Too many different ways it's figured

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually current SOS is Iowa 35 and TAMU 38. As I said, very similar, you must be looking at future SOS. Anyway it's a common mistake so no biggie. As I said I don't even use SOS because it's not a reliable stat. Too many different ways it's figured

I'm going by Colley's SOS. Which is where I came up with those numbers. His numbers are no bias. And its not a future projection. Basically he does things similar to how you are doing it, where everybody starts out even. That is a huge difference in SOS.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also don't know why in the hell you have Baylor ranked so high. They've played arguably the worst schedule in the country. Yet they sit at 8 ahead of multiple unbeaten teams.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going by Colley's SOS. Which is where I came up with those numbers. His numbers are no bias. And its not a future projection. Basically he does things similar to how you are doing it, where everybody starts out even. That is a huge difference in SOS.
Well I don't know how colley figures it. I do know I just saw 8 different SOS ranking for BOTH teams so SOS isn't a reliable metric because every ranking is figured differently. Frankly it's irrelevant. From what I have seen this year Iowa has 4 wins that are better than A&Ms bottom 2 wins or put more simple Iowa has 4 of the 7 best wins. I'd rank them

1. Iowa's win at Wisconsin
2. TAMU win neutral vs AZ St
3. Iowa home win vs Pitt
4. TAMU home win vs Miss St
5. Iowa's road win vs Iowa St
6. TAMU neutral win vs Arkansas
7. Iowa home win vs Illinois St

- The other 3 wins are meaningless

- You could argue the order of the top 6 which is why I said I'd have no issue with someone ranking A&M ahead of Iowa but there is no shot in hell that those schedules aren't very similar in difficulty.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't know why in the hell you have Baylor ranked so high. They've played arguably the worst schedule in the country. Yet they sit at 8 ahead of multiple unbeaten teams.
Because Baylor has been dominant

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOS is a terrible statistic because the really really awful teams are considered worse than the just plain and regular awful teams. Playing Rice, South Alabama and Army is no worse than playing NC Central, NC A&T and Elon. They're all terribly awful and would never be competitive against a team that is sort of almost decent but rice, USA and Army would produce a much better SOS.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOS is a terrible statistic because the really really awful teams are considered worse than the just plain and regular awful teams. Playing Rice, South Alabama and Army is no worse than playing NC Central, NC A&T and Elon. They're all terribly awful and would never be competitive against a team that is sort of almost decent but rice, USA and Army would produce a much better SOS.
Yep and many computers have reduced or no value for a FCS team despite the fact a top tier FCS team like an Illinois St is probably a better opponent than 50 percent of the fbs.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how some people are scared to go out on a limb about which teams are better because they don't want to be wrong.

Like ranking Ohio State and Michigan State right next to each other, or TCU and Baylor right next to each other, or FSU and Clemson right next to each other, all in the top 10.

Grow some balls and rank the mother fucking teams. They all can't be up there.