• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Top 25 Week 6 discussion

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M SOS - 50
Iowa SOS - 114

I'm only playing by his rules. If he's going to base it solely on resume I have a big issue with that. Looking forward to his bullshit spin though.
Is that "currently played" SOS? Or is it projected SOS for the end of the year?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee A&M will still be undefeated after this weekend
You guys are learning the SEC scheduling strategy very well. Open date or FCS school the week before a toughie. Well done.

And I wouldn't be surprised if A&M isn't still undefeated in 3 weeks! Bama at Kyle Field and Ole Miss may have the dauber completely down by the week after that!!!

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has to play the pigs this week. They may not have a lot of wins but they are a very physical team. Bama can beat pig but they will be hurtin when they roll into College Station. Aggies get a bye week to get healthy

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama has to play the pigs this week. They may not have a lot of wins but they are a very physical team. Bama can beat pig but they will be hurtin when they roll into College Station. Aggies get a bye week to get healthy
If you can get Bama into a shootout I think you win. If they get ahead a score or two, it will be tough IMHO.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have the teams that have a bye week before Alabama bought jackets for the club yet? :lol:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M definitely has the kind of offense that can have success against Alabama and they will put up points

the question is about their lack of experience, A&M is a young team and they could crumble late in the game.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the teams that have a bye week before Alabama bought jackets for the club yet? :lol:
That club would be A&M, Tennessee and LSU with honorary membership to Georgia and Auburn for scheduling wimps the week before. But, Auburn gets canceled out because Bama also scheduled a wimp the week prior to playing Aubie.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you have Iowa ahead of Texas A&M? Texas A&M has played a tougher schedule.
I actually don't agree with that. I think the schedules are very similar but I gave the edge to iowa because they have 2 true road wins

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That club would be A&M, Tennessee and LSU with honorary membership to Georgia and Auburn for scheduling wimps the week before. But, Auburn gets canceled out because Bama also scheduled a wimp the week prior to playing Aubie.

This year. Back in 2010 we had 6 teams take byes the week before, which was more than 50% of the teams(11 teams).

They were supposed to do something about it and did for like 1 year, but then this year they opened it back up again. Can't blame teams for doing it, it's smart. Can blame the SEC office for giving teams so many open dates before Alabama, while giving Tennessee a total of 1 team with an open date before them.

Speaking of Tennessee, they are supposed to be the game that's played on the "3rd Saturday of October" every year, but not this year. This year they are taking a bye week while we play A&M.

I do not count LSU or Auburn among the teams that would go in that club. Alabama has a bye week before LSU and it has been that way for like 5 years or longer with both teams taking a bye. And it's the same deal with Auburn and the cupcake, although Alabama played a cupcake first while Auburn was playing Georgia that week in the past.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't agree with that. I think the schedules are very similar but I gave the edge to iowa because they have 2 true road wins

Texas A&M SOS - 50
Iowa SOS - 114

Winning at Iowa State is shit.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that "currently played" SOS? Or is it projected SOS for the end of the year?
I don't know or care. Don't abide much by sos. I just look at who you beat and where you beat them. A&M has 2 decent wins and a road win at Arkansas. Iowa has 2 decent wins and a road win at Iowa State. Difference is one of Iowa's decent wins was also a road win at Wisconsin. Of the other 4 wins between the 2 teams you could make a reasonable argument that Illinois State is also the better of Ball State, Nevada and North Texas. Anyway just my 2 cents

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M SOS - 50
Iowa SOS - 114

Winning at Iowa State is shit.
Winning at Arkansas isn't any better imo. And Iowa has another road win to back up the Iowa State win where A&M doesn't. That said I wouldn't take issue with someone ranking TAMU higher if they felt so inclined

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know or care. Don't abide much by sos. I just look at who you beat and where you beat them. A&M has 2 decent wins and a road win at Arkansas. Iowa has 2 decent wins and a road win at Iowa State. Difference is one of Iowa's decent wins was also a road win at Wisconsin. Of the other 4 wins between the 2 teams you could make a reasonable argument that Illinois State is also the better of Ball State, Nevada and North Texas. Anyway just my 2 cents
A&M beat Arkansas at Jerry's World...neutral site.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning at Arkansas isn't any better imo. And Iowa has another road win to back up the Iowa State win where A&M doesn't. That said I wouldn't take issue with someone ranking TAMU higher if they felt so inclined

Winning a neutral against ASU is way better than winning at Iowa State or Wisconsin.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year. Back in 2010 we had 6 teams take byes the week before, which was more than 50% of the teams(11 teams).

They were supposed to do something about it and did for like 1 year, but then this year they opened it back up again. Can't blame teams for doing it, it's smart. Can blame the SEC office for giving teams so many open dates before Alabama, while giving Tennessee a total of 1 team with an open date before them.

Speaking of Tennessee, they are supposed to be the game that's played on the "3rd Saturday of October" every year, but not this year. This year they are taking a bye week while we play A&M.

I do not count LSU or Auburn among the teams that would go in that club. Alabama has a bye week before LSU and it has been that way for like 5 years or longer with both teams taking a bye. And it's the same deal with Auburn and the cupcake, although Alabama played a cupcake first while Auburn was playing Georgia that week in the past.
I would think the league would like to have things as equal as possible.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning a neutral against ASU is way better than winning at Iowa State or Wisconsin.
Maybe? Right now it's not but by year's end you may be right. Right now it's just a neutral site win over a 3-2 team that has a quality win and a blowout loss