• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla NFL Dynasty Draft

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
choice made ... DE Jason Taylor = Patriot Killer

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get all this talk about how everyone who plays today is better because they are bigger, it simply does not make sense.

Quick story...

I'm 15 and at a family picnic all my aunts, uncles and cousins are here, big family, my dad had 7 brothers and 1 sister and I had to have 40 cousins. I have a cousin who is 2 months younger than me and at the picnic my uncles started talking about he would kick my ass because he was so much bigger than me (most of it fat) I said I don't think so I was a kid who played sports and was in good shape. So my uncles made us fight, not with fists, so we did. I whipped him around like a ragdoll threw him on the ground got him in a choke hold and wrapped my legs around his stomach, it was over. My uncles said ok you got lucky so I let him go and we did it again he came at me trying to grab me and I pushed him down, he got back up and came at me again I grabbed him jumped behind him and threw him to the ground again and once again got him in the choke hold with my legs around his stomach, this time I squeezed a little harder to show my uncles and dad just because he was bigger that didn't mean shit, I was smarter, and tougher. It's not always the size of the dog in the fight but rather the fight in the dog!

Oh and he was an all city defensive end for St. Paul Harding HS.

And at the time I was probably 5'10 170 and he was probably 6'1 200

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get all this talk about how everyone who plays today is better because they are bigger, it simply does not make sense.

Quick story...

I'm 15 and at a family picnic all my aunts, uncles and cousins are here, big family, my dad had 7 brothers and 1 sister and I had to have 40 cousins. I have a cousin who is 2 months younger than me and at the picnic my uncles started talking about he would kick my ass because he was so much bigger than me (most of it fat) I said I don't think so I was a kid who played sports and was in good shape. So my uncles made us fight, not with fists, so we did. I whipped him around like a ragdoll threw him on the ground got him in a choke hold and wrapped my legs around his stomach, it was over. My uncles said ok you got lucky so I let him go and we did it again he came at me trying to grab me and I pushed him down, he got back up and came at me again I grabbed him jumped behind him and threw him to the ground again and once again got him in the choke hold with my legs around his stomach, this time I squeezed a little harder to show my uncles and dad just because he was bigger that didn't mean shit, I was smarter, and tougher. It's not always the size of the dog in the fight but rather the fight in the dog!

Was your cousin Albert Hanesworth?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quick story...

Oh and he was an all city defensive end for St. Paul Harding HS.

And at the time I was probably 5'10 170 and he was probably 6'1 200

To a degree. There is a reason there are weight divisions in Boxing and MMA. Granted, a highly skilled 170 guy could take a joe blow 200. If the guys have comparable skills, the 170 is getting the shit kicked out of him, no matter how mean his dog is lol

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely true, I was in a lot of street fights in my younger days and beat the hell out of guys much bigger than me and not just taller but guys in good shape, you aren't trapped in a ring in a street fight. Smaller guys always have a chance in a street fight.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely true, I was in a lot of street fights in my younger days and beat the hell out of guys much bigger than me and not just taller but guys in good shape, you aren't trapped in a ring in a street fight. Smaller guys always have a chance in a street fight.

Now that's a different bag of beans, weapons are the great equalizer. I was talking about the old fight in dog's lol. A little dirt in the eyes, bite of the ear, or pliers to the jewels will negate a little 30 lb advantage LOL

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's a different bag of beans, weapons are the great equalizer. I was talking about the old fight in dog's lol. A little dirt in the eyes, bite of the ear, or pliers to the jewels will negate a little 30 lb advantage LOL

What the hell? :laugh3:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really happy with my squad so far, looking through the teams, I think Medlock and Nos look pretty tough as well. Hell, everyone looks strong in some facets

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really happy with my squad so far, looking through the teams, I think Medlock and Nos look pretty tough as well. Hell, everyone looks strong in some facets

I agree, everyone has strengths but I guess that's to be expected with only 8 of us drafting. I think Ritz is weakest, hard to win with no QB. :whistle:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Johnny...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROUND 15
15.1 Medlock : Vernon Davis - TE
15.2 Nos : Brandon Marshall - WR
15.3 Gkekoa : Earl Thomas - FS
15.4 UK : Tony Boselli - OT
15.5 Ritz : Casey Hampton - DT
15.6 Melmaan : Jason Taylor - DE
15.7 Johnny : Geno Atkins - DT
15.8 500 : OTC

ROUND 16
16.1 500 :
16.2 Johnny :
16.3 Melmaan :
16.4 Ritz :
16.5 UK :
16.6 Gkekoa :
16.7 Nos :
16.8 Medlock

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say this...you cannot prove this.

Many people can't put on size without sacrificing speed and quickness. I love how people make these claims without proof. Weights existed in the 80s and so did steroids. These guys just didn't live in the weight room like players today.

I am about to lay it out for you.

Have you ever played at any level besides High School or Junior High. I have, and I can tell you the few things you put stock in, are really less important than you think. Size is not everything, speed is not everything, and for damn sure how many times a player has been selected by the associated press as the best of the season. Things like work ethic, skill, commitment to winning, those are all important too. Also todays NFL is waterdowned to an extent that players such as Ronnie Lott would have just been flagged on 60% of the plays, while Michael Irvin and his overratedness would have gotten away with murder. These are two different eras in the games history and truthfully you cant compare the two without actually comparing them. Do you think WRs today would be able to stay healthy back then with the defensive players able to knock the shit out of them, not a chance. This draft was designed for us to make the best team possible not the most hall of famers, not the most pro bowl, but the best team. You have to realize that sometimes you look at things one sided. It will hold you back in things like this.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are into our first weeknd which means no time clock. Pack 500 is up. If you know you won't be free to check in regularly then leave a list with Nos please. Everyone have a safe and fun weekend.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by your logic, LBJ must be better than Jordan, Trout is better than Mickey Mantle and James Toney is better than Ali....

If LBJ could actually shoot a jump shot, then yes, he would be better than Jordan and I'm a huge fan of MJ. LBJ has 2 inches on Jordan...that can't be taught. Even if we say a better diet and weight training can enhance what Jordan was, you can't teach the size. In basketball, ALL things being equal, except height...height wins.