• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla NFL Dynasty Draft

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LBJ could actually shoot a jump shot, then yes, he would be better than Jordan and I'm a huge fan of MJ. LBJ has 2 inches on Jordan...that can't be taught. Even if we say a better diet and weight training can enhance what Jordan was, you can't teach the size. In basketball, ALL things being equal, except height...height wins.

''if he could shoot a jump shot''....lmao. So if Roy Hibbert shoot, he'd be better than Patrick Ewing? :L

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
''if he could shoot a jump shot''....lmao. So if Roy Hibbert shoot, he'd be better than Patrick Ewing? :L

My wife also agrees that size matters and that's why she goes to bed unhappy

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I seriously can not believe some of the things I have heard. LBJ better than Jordan, not a chance. Jordan had a decent supporting cast but it was no where close to the cast lebron has. Ray allen, Wade, bosh, battier. C'mon man open your eyes and see the big picture. you are so narrow minded.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gkekoa making friends left and right

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am about to lay it out for you.

Have you ever played at any level besides High School or Junior High. I have, and I can tell you the few things you put stock in, are really less important than you think. Size is not everything, speed is not everything, and for damn sure how many times a player has been selected by the associated press as the best of the season. Things like work ethic, skill, commitment to winning, those are all important too. Also todays NFL is waterdowned to an extent that players such as Ronnie Lott would have just been flagged on 60% of the plays, while Michael Irvin and his overratedness would have gotten away with murder. These are two different eras in the games history and truthfully you cant compare the two without actually comparing them. Do you think WRs today would be able to stay healthy back then with the defensive players able to knock the shit out of them, not a chance. This draft was designed for us to make the best team possible not the most hall of famers, not the most pro bowl, but the best team. You have to realize that sometimes you look at things one sided. It will hold you back in things like this.

I agree with almost everything you said here and maybe that is the part people don't get.

While size is not everything, there is a reason there are no OTs in the NFL today that weigh 290. Size is one of many factors. I agree, speed is not everything; however, it is a factor. And perhaps no on the AP voting but I put a lot more stock in that than I do pro-bowl voting which is name recognition and market size.

I love these other factors when I rate people as well. I would not take players who did not work hard because much of the game is mental. That being said, you can't rate historic players or players today on work ethic because we aren't actually there. I would guess that players today probably spend more hours in a day on their trade than players of yesteryear because football has become such a business, film study has become a norm, and schemes have become much more complex.

I stated all along that players from the past could become stronger today through science; however, there is no way to prove the effect that would have on their speed because there is a law of diminishing returns that would state is X weight were reached for Y height, then speed/quickness would be affected in a negative manner.

I'm in total agreement that it's impossible to pit eras against each other. I have stated this and that's why I believed it should only be current players because I knew this discussion would be brought about. I also asked the very pertinent question...do we take the player in their prime or over their career to play a game today? In his prime, LT was 6'3" 235 and Demarcus Ware is 6'4" 258 (NFL.COM).

You mention WRs today and if they could stay healthy...I'd say define healthy. I'd also pose the same question to every other position because a RB would have a much harder time staying healthy in today's game because the DT in 2006 were 301 pounds and in 1990 they were 280.

This draft is totally subjective then because the best team will have the best players unless that player was a cancer...Randy Moss and TO come to mind...then again, if you have enough strong elements around those players, they would not be as cancerous.

You also claim I am being one-sided but I'm the only one that has listed any actual facts. You guys don't even want to listen to what I am actually saying. LT was more dominant in 1985 than Ware was in 2008...I agree with that statement. I disagree with a statement that says if you bring a LT from 1985 into the NFL today that he would be close to the dominant force he was in 1985 because he hasn't had the scientific advancements available throughout his training life. I would also call into question LT's ability not to be banned from the NFL for abuse of steroids because of his addictive personality and the common testing today.

The truth is...Over every era of football, the best player of 1970 is probably the same best player of 1980 which is probably the same best player of 1990...etc.

One thing that hasn't been discussed is genetics and it's affect on talent in the game today and the popularity of the sport making the average player today better than the average player of yesteryear.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I seriously can not believe some of the things I have heard. LBJ better than Jordan, not a chance. Jordan had a decent supporting cast but it was no where close to the cast lebron has. Ray allen, Wade, bosh, battier. C'mon man open your eyes and see the big picture. you are so narrow minded.

I love how people claim one person to be narrow-minded and then can't see that statement makes them narrow-minded. The hypocrisy is astounding...and the blindness.

You also didn't read my statement properly...I never said LBJ is better than Jordan.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarcus Ware- 6'4" 258 pounds...sack/game (.79)

Lawrence Taylor- 6'3" 237 pounds...sack/game (.72)

This number does not take into account pass rush attempts/drop back because it's an impossible number to determine because we can't evaluate the responsibilities of each player on each play. The league does pass more today than it did in LT's time that we do know.

You also can't discount the football IQ of QBs today with the addition of large amounts of film study to adjust to defenses nor can we adjust these numbers to account for schematic advances.

Nor can we properly adjust numbers to take into account that kids today are playing football at a younger age, training at a younger age, and more kids are playing football today than in 1985 when football wasn't even virgining yet on the popularity extremes of today.

This is just a raw comparison that states...I can easily make the argument that if we had a time machine and could advance LT from 1985 to the game of today, or we could take a time machine and return Ware to 1985, that Ware would be the better player.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarcus Ware- 6'4" 258 pounds...sack/game (.79)

Lawrence Taylor- 6'3" 237 pounds...sack/game (.72)

This number does not take into account pass rush attempts/drop back because it's an impossible number to determine because we can't evaluate the responsibilities of each player on each play. The league does pass more today than it did in LT's time that we do know.

You also can't discount the football IQ of QBs today with the addition of large amounts of film study to adjust to defenses nor can we adjust these numbers to account for schematic advances.

Nor can we properly adjust numbers to take into account that kids today are playing football at a younger age, training at a younger age, and more kids are playing football today than in 1985 when football wasn't even virgining yet on the popularity extremes of today.

This is just a raw comparison that states...I can easily make the argument that if we had a time machine and could advance LT from 1985 to the game of today, or we could take a time machine and return Ware to 1985, that Ware would be the better player.

It also doesnt take into account that when LT faced more running teams, and Ware faces teams that pass 50 times a game. Narrow Minded

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No list

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" I knew Lawrence Taylor .... and you Sir (DeMarcus) are no Lawrence Taylor "

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picks are in. Digging my pass rush with Campbell and Watt rushing from the 3 technique and Suggs and Peppers rushing from the outside.

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayson Taylor from the left side ...... Dwight Freeney from the right side

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1