• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox win in extra, lose 2 closers: Bruins destroy Leafs

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Link. Did you read the part about "Influence"? Zeppelin lost a lawsuit over this song!!!!!

In 1962 Muddy Waters recorded "You Need Love", written for him by peer Willie Dixon. In 1966 British mod band the Small Faces recorded the song as "You Need Loving" for their eponymous début Decca LP. Some of the lyrics of Led Zeppelin's version were copied from the Willie Dixon song, a favourite of Plant's. Plant's phrasing is particularly similar to that of Steve Marriott's in the Small Faces' version. Similarities with "You Need Love" would lead to a lawsuit against Led Zeppelin in 1985, settled out of court in favour of Dixon.[8] The Small Faces were never sued by Dixon, even though "You Need Loving" still only credits Ronnie Lane and Steve Marriott.

Picking on Whole Lotta Love is taking a swipe at the low hanging fruit anyway. I mean Queen wrote some great songs, but no one is going to give "Another one bites the Dust" any awards for lyrics.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are fucking stupid.

Whole Lotta Love - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tell me who's credited with writing this song.

So...the fact they were sued...and had to pay Willie Dixon for stealing it, means nothing to you...

Nice logic.

This is not the first time Page or Zeppelin have been embroiled in a plagiarism lawsuit: Blues pioneer Willie Dixon successfully won a lawsuit over the song Whole Lotta Love, which the artist claimed borrowed from his song You Need Love, a track he wrote for Muddy Waters. (In later pressings of Led Zepplin II, the songwriting credits read 'Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Willie Dixon.'

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean? Is it so much different than when you were in Middle School?

-

there was no middle school when I was in middle school

it was called junior high school

an no google!

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it has anything to do with showing prejudice towards immigrants...i think it's prejudice towards immigrants who blow up 8 year old kids...

And I don't have a problem with any cemetery saying "we don't want him here"...the potential for drawing sickos and vandalism to a solemn place is too high...

And if it's on taxpayer dollars? Cremate them and send their ashes via UPS to his mother...it's more respect than they deserve.

And when Adam Lanza shot 20+ 6-8 year old kids?

Or Timothy McVeigh blowing up close to 1,000 adults and children?

The outcry over remains disposal was... where?

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the doghouse?

As Stephen Drew was silencing, or at least temporarily muting, his critics with a four-hit night on Monday, the man many of those critics wanted at shortstop in his place -- Jose Iglesias -- continued to ride the Pawtucket bench.

Iglesias, according to the Providence Journal, "apparently has done something to displease" manager Gary DiSarcina and hasn't played since being removed from Saturday's game in the top of the fifth inning.

“Manager’s decision,” DiSarcina said when asked after Sunday's game why Iglesias wasn't in the lineup for that day's 2-1 loss to Durham. “Iggy’s fine.”

Nor did he play Monday when the PawSox defeated the Gwinnett Braves, 5-1, in Lawrenceville, Ga.

Iglesias riding the bench in Pawtucket | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drove by that funeral home in worcester with the dead terrorists body

talk about a zoo of protests

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking on Whole Lotta Love is taking a swipe at the low hanging fruit anyway. I mean Queen wrote some great songs, but no one is going to give "Another one bites the Dust" any awards for lyrics.

LOL Led Zeppelin sucks

Last edited by a moderator:

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Adam Lanza shot 20+ 6-8 year old kids?

Or Timothy McVeigh blowing up close to 1,000 adults and children?

The outcry over remains disposal was... where?

ummmmmm, wasn't lanza buried privately for that very purpose, not on a public cemetery?

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Link. Did you read the part about "Influence"? Zeppelin lost a lawsuit over this song!!!!!

In 1962 Muddy Waters recorded "You Need Love", written for him by peer Willie Dixon. In 1966 British mod band the Small Faces recorded the song as "You Need Loving" for their eponymous début Decca LP. Some of the lyrics of Led Zeppelin's version were copied from the Willie Dixon song, a favourite of Plant's. Plant's phrasing is particularly similar to that of Steve Marriott's in the Small Faces' version. Similarities with "You Need Love" would lead to a lawsuit against Led Zeppelin in 1985, settled out of court in favour of Dixon.[8] The Small Faces were never sued by Dixon, even though "You Need Loving" still only credits Ronnie Lane and Steve Marriott.

Yeah. The influence. I'm not disputing that they ripped it off. And of course, every band who rips off another hates the lyrics of the song they're ripping off.

Right?

So again, they ripped off a shitty song. Who wrote Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love?" That's all I'm asking here.

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pickles...they also stole that song...from the same guys Plant stole it from...Willie Dixon and Muddy Waters...

LOL yea i know...

I dont really think they "SUCK" either ... but Im not quite as big a fan as most are

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

there was no middle school when I was in middle school

it was called junior high school

an no google!

Went through this ad-nauseum on Stern one day... Dude wrote a book about it and everything. Came in with 60 second side-by-side audio samples.

Love me some Led Zep, but they stole (and I mean pretty much note for note) almost all of their early stuff. Every bit as blatant as that Ice Ice Baby / Under Pressure example.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and mcveigh was cremated......

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
-

regular show >> adventure time >>> spongebob

yeah i fucking love me some regular show...was watching it at the gym last week doing cardio and the bitch next to me said "are you watching cartoons?"

i gave that bitch a funny look and said...ummmmm yeah

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, both examples were wrong.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange...please tell me they aren't going to Joba around with this kid and put him in the pen...

better than Aceves I guess.

-

no word on that, but I doubt they would "Bard" him like that

9 K's in 6 innings last start in pawtucket

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...the fact they were sued...and had to pay Willie Dixon for stealing it, means nothing to you...

Nice logic.

So bands steal songs from others where they hate the lyrics of said songs.

Nice logic.