• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources: Dion Jordan suspended for entire 2015 season

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dion Jordan of Miami Dolphins suspended for entire 2015 season for violation of NFL's substance abuse policy

Time to part ways with this kid. I was rooting for him because I felt he really wasnt being used properly and given the chance to shine - He has no one to blame but himself - I know most people will blame the coaching staff and previous front office for drafting him so high, but he had the potential - he was drafted based on that - he had it all - he ruined it for himself - its all on him - he failed himself more than anyone else.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a shame and waste of talent...life in general. Pretty simple stay clean follow the rules and make millions now he loses 5.6 M in one year. Something is wrong with these kids starts small and they can't control themselves...really too bad hopefully the Fins try to help him but he's probably a lost cause.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Fins get his cap space this year since he was suspended? If so it may be a blessing because if traded someone said they'd lose 4 M this year.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Fins get his cap space this year since he was suspended? If so it may be a blessing because if traded someone said they'd lose 4 M this year.

The Fins now have 2.3 million more available but lost 3 million due to his signing bonus. The Fins could use the 2.3 million on OV who will be a FA after this year or use it to add or keep another veteran player. Good thing the Fins have depth this year at DE.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins now have 2.3 million more available but lost 3 million due to his signing bonus. The Fins could use the 2.3 million on OV who will be a FA after this year or use it to add or keep another veteran player. Good thing the Fins have depth this year at DE.
You still take the cap hit. The team saves the money but it does not reduce the cap hit.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still take the cap hit. The team saves the money but it does not reduce the cap hit.....
OK thanks South so in essence the team pays for its players mistakes one way or another. You'd think that they'd get some sort of cap reprieve but I guess the cash is big to an owner.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK thanks South so in essence the team pays for its players mistakes one way or another. You'd think that they'd get some sort of cap reprieve but I guess the cash is big to an owner.
Sucks, had the same discussions about Hernandez. A little thought and you realize the franchises should wear the burden of taking chances with their judgment.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks, had the same discussions about Hernandez. A little thought and you realize the franchises should wear the burden of taking chances with their judgment.
Yep true and they do get their cash back so owners can't completely bitch.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard a rumor that DJ would prefer to move back to OLB. That would explain not drafting one. He could be used similar to Von Miller which would be exciting to see. Plus in coverage maybe an answer to Gronk....thoughts?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard a rumor that DJ would prefer to move back to OLB. That would explain not drafting one. He could be used similar to Von Miller which would be exciting to see. Plus in coverage maybe an answer to Gronk....thoughts?

I think DJ would have an easier transition at OLB. He could use his speed to cover big TE's. He could be disruptive as an OLB pass rusher on certain plays. It may take him some time & he'll need to put the work in to learn the system to be able to contribute first as a backup. He will need to prove that he's hungry to get better & loves the game. DJ can make plays on special teams. That's where her can help the team sooner. He's a very good athlete who can block kicks. He should also strive to make a name for himself as an Ace on the kick coverage unit.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DJ would have an easier transition at OLB. He could use his speed to cover big TE's. He could be disruptive as an OLB pass rusher on certain plays. It may take him some time & he'll need to put the work in to learn the system to be able to contribute first as a backup. He will need to prove that he's hungry to get better & loves the game. DJ can make plays on special teams. That's where her can help the team sooner. He's a very good athlete who can block kicks. He should also strive to make a name for himself as an Ace on the kick coverage unit.
Agreed on special teams he's good there. Didn't he play OLB in college? If so it should be easier than DE for him. Perhaps he felt pressure to bulk up hence the PED's...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on special teams he's good there. Didn't he play OLB in college? If so it should be easier than DE for him. Perhaps he felt pressure to bulk up hence the PED's...

I think he played mostly DE at Oregon but his coached liked to move him around. No one has ever questioned his athleticism. He played TE & DE in HS. He was actually one of the best TE's in the country coming out of High School.

RE DE: It's a big adjustment lining up against NFL OT's as a DE compared to college. He probably should have been playing OLB from the beginning with the Fins. I think the hope was that the Fins had the next Jason Taylor as a DE.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he played mostly DE at Oregon but his coached liked to move him around. No one has ever questioned his athleticism. He played TE & DE in HS. He was actually one of the best TE's in the country coming out of High School.

RE DE: It's a big adjustment lining up against NFL OT's as a DE compared to college. He probably should have been playing OLB from the beginning with the Fins. I think the hope was that the Fins had the next Jason Taylor as a DE.
Dion Rory Jordan[1] (born March 5, 1990) is an American footballdefensive end for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League(NFL). He was considered the top outside linebacker prospect and was drafted by the Dolphins third overall in the 2013 NFL Draft.[2][3] He playedcollege football at Oregon.

You are correct I guess I remember the media thinking that he'd be a OLB. I think that's where he should be for now possibly later moving to DE. One step at a time he needs to get on the field and pass all his tests.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dion Rory Jordan[1] (born March 5, 1990) is an American footballdefensive end for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League(NFL). He was considered the top outside linebacker prospect and was drafted by the Dolphins third overall in the 2013 NFL Draft.[2][3] He playedcollege football at Oregon.

You are correct I guess I remember the media thinking that he'd be a OLB. I think that's where he should be for now possibly later moving to DE. One step at a time he needs to get on the field and pass all his tests.

One good thing for a player like Jordan is that he will have a clean slate. He has a chance to prove himself to new coaches. The best guys get to play. The coaches will decide where he fits in. He brings value on special teams so that should help his chances of making the roster early on. If the Fins don't get enough production at TE & Jordan struggles too much on defense, they can have him run routes as a TE & see how he does. If he'd been playing TE in college & kept out of trouble who knows he could have been the next Gronk.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One good thing for a player like Jordan is that he will have a clean slate. He has a chance to prove himself to new coaches. The best guys get to play. The coaches will decide where he fits in. He brings value on special teams so that should help his chances of making the roster early on. If the Fins don't get enough production at TE & Jordan struggles too much on defense, they can have him run routes as a TE & see how he does. If he'd been playing TE in college & kept out of trouble who knows he could have been the next Gronk.
Yes fully agree but the team could get the best value from him covering guys like gronk. That's where I'd like to see him play. He'd also have many pass rushing opportunities pretty exciting hope it works out.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was curious to know the sizes of some of the top OLB's in the league that play in a 4-3 defense to compare them to D. Jordan. A few of the players are 250 plus. Jamie Collins is 6'3 250 lbs. Anthony Barr is 6'5 255 lbs. Von Miller is the best OLB in the league. He's 6'3 254 lbs. When Jordan came into the league he was 248 lbs with a height of 6'6. He added muscle and gained weight to over 270 lbs as a DE. I think he'd need to lose a few pounds to play OLB (if that is the position the team is planning for him to play at)

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes fully agree but the team could get the best value from him covering guys like gronk. That's where I'd like to see him play. He'd also have many pass rushing opportunities pretty exciting hope it works out.

I was curious to know the sizes of some of the top OLB's in the league that play in a 4-3 defense to compare them to D. Jordan. A few of the players are 250 plus. Jamie Collins is 6'3 250 lbs. Anthony Barr is 6'5 255 lbs. Von Miller is the best OLB in the league. He's 6'3 254 lbs. When Jordan came into the league he was 248 lbs with a height of 6'6. He added muscle and gained weight to over 270 lbs as a DE. I think he'd need to lose a few pounds to play OLB (if that is the position the team is planning for him to play at)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys have a completely new scouting department since drafting this kid over Ansah.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys have a completely new scouting department since drafting this kid over Ansah.

The Fins have changed personnel since then. This recent draft was all about proven production with the all of the picks. That said, who knows what D. Jordan's future will be. This is a huge year for him. I hope he's studying the playbook.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he had to put on weight and I'm guessing that's where the PED'S came into play. If he was an OLB he could have focused on that instead of getting bigger. We'll see what happens hopefully wherever he is he excels.