• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's Wrong With Pittsburgh Steelers Wide Receivers?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, it was close enough.

Still, they lost so we can make the funny.
I don't think we should but to each their own. Just a friendly reminder that they almost dropped 50 on us last week at Heinz so maybe making fun of them isn't the best move.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they lost even with the best qb in the league leaving the game. Context matters.
I now have a new hate for you because I am now having to defend the Cleveland Browns. I will never forgive you for this.

Context does matter but the context you are using is subjective at best depending on if you actually look at the game/team stats or not.

Did Mahomes leaving the game halfway through the 3rd quarter make the Chiefs defense stop playing in the 2nd half and give up 14 points in the 2nd half, bringing the Browns back into the game?
Did Mahomes leaving the game halfway through the 3rd quarter make the Chiefs defense give up 115 rushing yards? (Side note, Chiefs D has only given up 100+ rushing yards 5 times since Week 6)
Did Mahomes commit 7 penalties that cost them 55 yards?

Also, the 3 drives before Mahomes got hurt, 2 FGs and a missed FG. So the Browns defense was actually able to put some good defensive stops back to back even WITH Mahomes under center. So no, the Browns didn't get clapped. The Browns were competitive which is much more than I can say for us last week.

Context Matters.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now have a new hate for you because I am now having to defend the Cleveland Browns. I will never forgive you for this.

Context does matter but the context you are using is subjective at best depending on if you actually look at the game/team stats or not.

Did Mahomes leaving the game halfway through the 3rd quarter make the Chiefs defense stop playing in the 2nd half and give up 14 points in the 2nd half, bringing the Browns back into the game?
Did Mahomes leaving the game halfway through the 3rd quarter make the Chiefs defense give up 115 rushing yards? (Side note, Chiefs D has only given up 100+ rushing yards 5 times since Week 6)
Did Mahomes commit 7 penalties that cost them 55 yards?

Also, the 3 drives before Mahomes got hurt, 2 FGs and a missed FG. So the Browns defense was actually able to put some good defensive stops back to back even WITH Mahomes under center. So no, the Browns didn't get clapped. The Browns were competitive which is much more than I can say for us last week.

Context Matters.
ay. ok.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just typical NFL shit. They're grown adults who can do what they want, which is why I will always prefer College, and even High School Sports, can't deal with the drama 24/7.

Though I will admit, I felt more disgusted by the attitude here than even Antonio Brown. I don't want to hear a peep of shit talking from any Steelers player until the Clowns, Ratbirds, and Bungles are watching from their couches as we move onto the Second Round. That playoff loss was one of the rare times where I was embarrassed to be a fan.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to hear a peep of shit talking from any Steelers player until the Clowns, Ratbirds, and Bungles are watching from their couches as we move onto the Second Round. That playoff loss was one of the rare times where I was embarrassed to be a fan.
Man this is 100% accurate. As soon as Chase opened his big mouth on Tik Tok about how the Browns will lose to KC AFTER they rocked up in our own home...that's when I started to get feelings and vibes reminiscent of when AB's ego started being a problem. If we don't get this stopped now, we're in for another round of BS from an egotistical position player and might even turn into TWO egotistical position players.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest point in this discussion is that I think Juju is.... and using this term loosely... "unfairly" targeted. Its fair to a degree because he paints a skyscraper-sized target on his back by doing all those videos...
Yeah, he is targeted a lot. Probably unfairly. I think it's a combination of his constant attention-seeking at the fact that he never recovered that one good year he had. I think if he would have continued that upward trajectory on the field perception of him league-wide would be a lot more positive.

He's done a really good job of taking "this kid is so genuine and innocent and just loves the game" and turning it into "he talks a lot but doesn't really do much on the field". Right now he's more Freddy Mitchell than Chad Johnson.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now he's more Freddy Mitchell than Chad Johnson.
Do we want to even give it the chance to get to the Chad Johnson level? Because if nothing changes, that's where we are heading.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King had some good notes in his column this morning about the Steelers offense stagnating in the second half. He seems toa attribute a good deal of that to the Steelers forcing the ball to a WR that can't catch Covid at a Trump rally.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Steelers Browns game sober.

I saw JuJu ball the fuck out. Not his fault that this game was a loss. It's a team game, but some players did their jobs better than others.

If he came away from that game with a bunch of drops or a fumble? Or if he was fighting with coaches and teammates on the sideline? You could make arguments against him. But he didn't. JuJu is a big part of the reason why the Steelers had a chance late in this game, after starting off down 28 damn points.

And remember Chase had two TD's himself.

They didn't float snaps, fail to run block, or throw int's, or cover the only WR on the field with an ILB.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he plays like Chad Johnson did... I'll sign that check.
I wouldn't if his attitude and ego doesn't get in check. I'm not going through AB 2.0 again. Not doing it. That would just show me that the coaching staff and front office doesn't care about the crumbling locker room culture and toxic attitudes that's been allowed to grow there. Give me the regular season stats (he was a terrible playoff WR), obviously, but not the distractions or BS that came with Ocho Cinco.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't if his attitude and ego doesn't get in check. I'm not going through AB 2.0 again. Not doing it. That would just show me that the coaching staff and front office doesn't care about the crumbling locker room culture and toxic attitudes that's been allowed to grow there. Give me the regular season stats (he was a terrible playoff WR), obviously, but not the distractions or BS that came with Ocho Cinco.
Eh. There's a difference between being entertaining and being a distraction or a cancer.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw JuJu ball the fuck out. Not his fault that this game was a loss.
I don't think you're gonna get an argument from this. Haven't seen anyone yet blame JuJu for the loss.
If he came away from that game with a bunch of drops or a fumble? Or if he was fighting with coaches and teammates on the sideline? You could make arguments against him. But he didn't. JuJu is a big part of the reason why the Steelers had a chance late in this game, after starting off down 28 damn points.

They didn't float snaps, fail to run block, or throw int's, or cover the only WR on the field with an ILB.
I'm not too worried about their on the field performance right now individually. I'm worried about their off the field activities having a distraction in the locker room, thus breeding a 2nd round of attitudes and egos that will wreck this team internally and how does this affect them in the future. AB never let his ego hinder his on the field performances UNTIL the last game of the 2017 season where it all went to shit and it was too late at that point. I don't want to be too late again and this time.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. While doing crossfit in your living room.

Fuckin wierdo.

:D
It was that, or get drunk. Or get angry and get drunk and break stuff.

I got out my feelings in a constructive way. That game drove me to have my best workout in a while.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Steelers Browns game sober.

I saw JuJu ball the fuck out. Not his fault that this game was a loss. It's a team game, but some players did their jobs better than others.

FYI. Off the top of my head I can't remember a single game where JuJu didn't give 100% on the field. But I also don't really remember anyone questioning that either. Kid comes to play. Every week. I'd love to have him as our #2 opposite Claypool going forward.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. There's a difference between being entertaining and being a distraction or a cancer.
He was being entertaining up until he danced on the Bengals logo after 2 straight losses. It should've ended after the Washington loss. But it didn't. Hence, it became a distraction because that's all media and the like could talk about AND they had to have talks with him about stopping it. So it quickly turned from entertaining to distracting in the span of maybe 3 weeks.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was that, or get drunk. Or get angry and get drunk and break stuff.

I got out my feelings in a constructive way. That game drove me to have my best workout in a while.
You might be onto something. Since all I got out of it was a hangover and a dog that watches me like I'm an apex predator now. WTF is that?