• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's Wrong With Pittsburgh Steelers Wide Receivers?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2008, Santonio Holmes was arrested Pittsburgh for possession of Marijuana.
In 2012, Mike Wallace held out of OTAs and most of training camp.
In 2015, Martavis Bryant was suspended for 4 games for violating the NFL's Substance Abuse Policy
In 2016, Martavis Bryant was suspended for the entire season for violating the NFL's Substance Abuse Policy
In 2017, Martavis Bryant publicly expresses the want to be traded.
In 2018, Antonio Brown skips practices due to an argument with Ben Roethlisberger and is benched for the regular season finale. He then expresses his want to be traded.
In 2020, JuJu Smith-Schuster makes Tik Toks by dancing on their opponent's midfield logo.
In 2020, after going 7-0, Chase Claypool tweets "Losing? Never Heard of Her". 5-5 including the playoffs since this tweet.
In 2020, after losing to the Browns in the Wild Card game, Chase Claypool gets on social media and states "The Browns are gonna get clapped next week anyway".

Why can't we have a normal wide receiver group? I mean, this is a culture issue.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just to add more insult to injury. Apparently also wore a Colts and Bears jersey as well.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH very little of all this bothers me. WRs have always been known to be problematic.

But I do think they have maturity issues in that group... Easy to see. Immaturity & lack of leadership primarily. I don't think you can discount a player like DHB, Cotchery, or Ward... Hard-nosed leaders that aren't afraid to upset the apple cart to rein in the group and get everybody more focused. Something Juju will never be. Not with his follower brand that he self-promotes. This day & age of social media is ALL about being visible & becoming an "influencer". Juju makes a lot of money off doing it, and you bet your ass these younger guys in the room are wanting in on that. Claypool became heavily involved in Tik-Tok this year. Gee I wonder why...

Juju's still a great guy in the community and nobody has any issues with his dancing when they are winning. It wasn't his fault that the team played so poorly because he was really their only trustworthy player all-throughout the season. I still hope they resign him.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs have always been known to be problematic.
Name a team that's had as many problems as we have in terms of attitude just in the last 2-3 years.

Juju's still a great guy in the community and nobody has any issues with his dancing when they are winning.

Why would anyone have a problem with anything someone does in their personal time if it doesn't affect their work? Noone would. Hence why it's not a problem when they are winning. The Tik Toks became a distraction as soon as we started losing because at that point, why are you dancing on another team's logo when you aren't winning games? Especially dancing on the Bills logo after 2 straight losses, one to a team that, at the time, was 4-7. Also, this wouldn't be an issue if we didn't already have issues at this position in the past.
Juju's still a great guy in the community
Doesn't win football games. He's a good kid, just too young to be in the position on the team that he is in, and by that I mean leading a group of younger guys. He can't be a leader in the locker room acting the way he's acted this year and his immaturity is already rubbing off on Chase.
It wasn't his fault that the team played so poorly
No, but it was his fault that yet another year was filled with an egotistical, cocky WR from the Pittsburgh Steelers stirring up some BS on a social media platform. I've grown tired of these childish antics that's going on in that locker room.
I still hope they resign him.
I hope they do too...but there's gotta be a caveat in that contract that states that JuJu either needs to focus 100% on the game and 0% on his clout OR he can't be the WR room leader. Sign a vet WR to be the leader for a year or two, let JuJu know that this decision is because of your childish, AB-like BS on social media and see how that teaches him some humility. That's my trade-off for signing JuJu back. Either Grow Up, Step Down or Get Out. In my opinion, the writing is already on the wall. It will be a tragic and embarrassing mistake if we sign him and nothing changes. Just something else to speak to how the locker room and culture of the Pittsburgh Steelers breeds egos and childish bullshit and is toxic as fuck and not constructive for this team to win a fucking Super Bowl. Shit, I'd take winning a playoff game right now. Haven't done that in fucking 4 years.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill answer the first question.

texans
That was wasy

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a team that's had as many problems as we have in terms of attitude just in the last 2-3 years.

Why would anyone have a problem with anything someone does in their personal time if it doesn't affect their work? Noone would. Hence why it's not a problem when they are winning. The Tik Toks became a distraction as soon as we started losing because at that point, why are you dancing on another team's logo when you aren't winning games? Especially dancing on the Bills logo after 2 straight losses, one to a team that, at the time, was 4-7. Also, this wouldn't be an issue if we didn't already have issues at this position in the past.

Doesn't win football games. He's a good kid, just too young to be in the position on the team that he is in, and by that I mean leading a group of younger guys. He can't be a leader in the locker room acting the way he's acted this year and his immaturity is already rubbing off on Chase.

No, but it was his fault that yet another year was filled with an egotistical, cocky WR from the Pittsburgh Steelers stirring up some BS on a social media platform. I've grown tired of these childish antics that's going on in that locker room.

I hope they do too...but there's gotta be a caveat in that contract that states that JuJu either needs to focus 100% on the game and 0% on his clout OR he can't be the WR room leader. Sign a vet WR to be the leader for a year or two, let JuJu know that this decision is because of your childish, AB-like BS on social media and see how that teaches him some humility. That's my trade-off for signing JuJu back. Either Grow Up, Step Down or Get Out. In my opinion, the writing is already on the wall. It will be a tragic and embarrassing mistake if we sign him and nothing changes. Just something else to speak to how the locker room and culture of the Pittsburgh Steelers breeds egos and childish bullshit and is toxic as fuck and not constructive for this team to win a fucking Super Bowl. Shit, I'd take winning a playoff game right now. Haven't done that in fucking 4 years.
Giants. Saints. Browns. Texans. Those teams come to mind in recent years. Not the exact same problems, but unnecessary distractions all the same.

Only reason I say that is because your nitpicking it now that 2020 is lost. If you didn't have a problem with it before, then why now? Yea its easy to say that its dumb when you're losing, but it should be equally as dumb when you're winning.

Juju's videos have little to do with ego or cockiness. He's doing it to promote himself to make money & followers. His off-the-field life is his brand. I do agree that he needs to find a better balance with football when it comes to this stuff because its a risky image that will always turn south on him if the team starts losing. Tomlin could make it simple by banning cell phones or just social media use from his locker room. No videos inside the stadiums. Seems like a simple enough solution to me. Hell, that could even influence other players into getting pissed off enough about losing their own cell phone privileges to instigate change in the lockerroom.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill answer the first question.

texans
That was wasy
The Texans have had more attitude problems than the Steelers? Please explain how you came to that conclusion.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason I say that is because your nitpicking it now that 2020 is lost. If you didn't have a problem with it before, then why now? Yea its easy to say that its dumb when you're losing, but it should be equally as dumb when you're winning.
Once again, why would I have a problem with it when we are winning? The team is having fun, we are winning again, it's a great year. But as soon as we lost to Washington, that's when it should've stopped. Time to pick back up where we left off and focus on the game. Then the Buffalo loss happened and it should've stopped right then and there. Then the Cincinnati loss happened. It took 3 straight losses for this team to finally say something to him about it. There's all the reason in the world to dance, be happy and have a chip on your shoulder when we are winning. But as soon as we start losing, that should all come to a halt until the course is corrected.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, why would I have a problem with it when we are winning? The team is having fun, we are winning again, it's a great year. But as soon as we lost to Washington, that's when it should've stopped. Time to pick back up where we left off and focus on the game. Then the Buffalo loss happened and it should've stopped right then and there. Then the Cincinnati loss happened. It took 3 straight losses for this team to finally say something to him about it. There's all the reason in the world to dance, be happy and have a chip on your shoulder when we are winning. But as soon as we start losing, that should all come to a halt until the course is corrected.
Thats called being fair weather.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i dunno hopkins, watt, and watson perhaps...
I'll give you Watt. He's been very vocal about his unhappiness. But Hopkins and Watson have attitude problems on Social Media? Where? I must have missed all this stuff.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats called being fair weather.
Fairweather Fan - A fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. During hard times they usually bandwagon other teams. They basically have no real loyalty to the team, but still manage to get better seats than you at the game. Strangely they mysteriously vanish at the first sign of trouble.

I don't stop being a fan when they start losing. I stop supporting the extra activities off the football field when we start losing. Huge difference. Always a fan of the team, not always a fan of the players or what the players do with their personal time that could affect the team. Also, am I bandwagoning another team? Do I disappear at the first sign of trouble? No to both of those. If anything, I'm one of the most vocal people on here when there are signs of trouble.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Juju's mind its a gamble worth playing because he has faith in his team.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Juju's mind its a gamble worth playing because he has faith in his team.
Well as we've seen, JuJu's mind isn't fully grown up yet so IDK if that's as good of an argument as you think it is lol

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is, if JuJu is resigned, I'll be singing his praises when he scores a TD or makes a good play. I'll cheer for him when he does good and I'll bash him when he makes a stupid mistakes just like WE ALL do to Ben, Ebron, Diontae and others. But I'll also be calling for his job if these antics don't stop and I WILL be saying "I told you so" if this backfires/doesn't work. So, take this as a warning haha

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is, if JuJu is resigned, I'll be singing his praises when he scores a TD or makes a good play. I'll cheer for him when he does good and I'll bash him when he makes a stupid mistakes just like WE ALL do to Ben, Ebron, Diontae and others. But I'll also be calling for his job if these antics don't stop and I WILL be saying "I told you so" if this backfires/doesn't work. So, take this as a warning haha
I get it. We all do. None of us want to see that shtick regardless of W's or L's. Its unnecessary & childish. I think the only time I like seeing that stuff is when we play a division rival. Because f*ck those teams lol.

My biggest point in this discussion is that I think Juju is.... and using this term loosely... "unfairly" targeted. Its fair to a degree because he paints a skyscraper-sized target on his back by doing all those videos... But is it his fault the team was losing just because of his distracting videos? It plays a part, but I think it has A LOT more to do with fans' angst over losing than it does with the fundamentals of winning football.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But is it his fault the team was losing just because of his distracting videos?
Definitely not solely his fault. But this isn't just about losing either. It's about locker room culture and the mentality that will grow within those younger WRs and RBs if it isn't put to an end immediately.

I will admit, I think this fan base is in a spot that we haven't been in in quite some time. Yeah, I'll agree and say that most of the outrage for JuJu has a ton to do with how we ended the season and the fact that we aren't playing anymore. I wish I could debate that but I can't. But that's usually when the angst within a fan base gets bad isn't it? It's very normal and natural as sports fans to be more upset at the team and players once we don't play anymore. We have a chance to reflect and look back. JuJu's immaturity wasn't a top 5 problem with this team but he was the problem that spoke the loudest because of our very recent history with bad attitudes in the locker room, hence the AB and Bell comparisons. If there were no Tik Tok dances or after game shit talking sessions on Twitch, we would ONLY be talking about what we hope for next year, the draft, free agency and whether Ben comes back or not. I would MUCH rather be talking to you about Ben or the draft, but this is a huge thing for me as a fan and its because I've seen where this story ends already if something isn't done about it sooner rather than later and it doesn't end well for us. ABs ego grew for years. Bell's ego grew for years. Are we going to let JuJu's grow as well?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not solely his fault. But this isn't just about losing either. It's about locker room culture and the mentality that will grow within those younger WRs and RBs if it isn't put to an end immediately.

I will admit, I think this fan base is in a spot that we haven't been in in quite some time. Yeah, I'll agree and say that most of the outrage for JuJu has a ton to do with how we ended the season and the fact that we aren't playing anymore. I wish I could debate that but I can't. But that's usually when the angst within a fan base gets bad isn't it? It's very normal and natural as sports fans to be more upset at the team and players once we don't play anymore. We have a chance to reflect and look back. JuJu's immaturity wasn't a top 5 problem with this team but he was the problem that spoke the loudest because of our very recent history with bad attitudes in the locker room, hence the AB and Bell comparisons. If there were no Tik Tok dances or after game shit talking sessions on Twitch, we would ONLY be talking about what we hope for next year, the draft, free agency and whether Ben comes back or not. I would MUCH rather be talking to you about Ben or the draft, but this is a huge thing for me as a fan and its because I've seen where this story ends already if something isn't done about it sooner rather than later and it doesn't end well for us. ABs ego grew for years. Bell's ego grew for years. Are we going to let JuJu's grow as well?
It is something to talk about for now. Hopefully not for long with the retirement announcements & FA approaching.

The ironic part about Juju being viewed as a leader is that he was drafted in 2017 at just 20 years old. He's the same age as James Washington (drafted in 2018) and Diontae Johnson (drafted in 2019). That's going to be real hard for someone that is the same age to become a leader even if he's been in the building longer. Juju is still growing as a leader and still needs to take more drastic steps in that department. I was hoping he would after Darryl Drake passed away, and maybe he did to a degree. Just still seems like a relatively unfocused group so thats hard for us to believe. Fans wanted him to become that guy after the AB drama, but it was too soon. Hopefully he makes strides this offseason, but I'm not overly optimistic about it. Not just because he may not even be here next season. He cares a lot about his team & teammates, but he cares equally about his off-field brand.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21k1tpydqyb61.png