• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources: Browns nearly traded with 49ers for Jim Harbaugh

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's not worth 10 mil. If we could've got 2 1st & 2nd for him. We should've done it,
but now it's a damn mess.

didn't someone write it didn't include any 1st round picks?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On what are you basing this?

If his departure is inevitable, then I agree they should deal him. Might as well start from scratch with a gluttony of draft picks.

But if he just wants final say on personnel decisions and / or a ton of money then give it to him! If he wants a harem of secretaries to follow him around fanning him, feeding him grapes & newly pressing his khakis every 2 hours then make it happen!

I just hope they don't let some petty bull shit ruin the franchise. Harbaugh is the best thing that's happened to the franchise since Bill Walsh was HC. He's the most valuable piece the team has (ahead of Aldon Smith).

Old man life experience.......his dad moved a ton while growing up. History is repeating itself.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate to break it to everyone but there's a 10% chance Harbs is our coach in three years. I'd say there's a 1% chance he makes it to a total of 10 years. He's not a guy who's going to endear himself to an organization. His schtick is going to wear thin. He's also a burnout risk.

I love Harbs but I'd strongly consider taking a bunch of picks for him. No one is irreplaceable. Call David Shaw. Give Roman a shot. Heck what about Tomsula. Dude's gonna leave. Let's get something for him.

He needs a SB or he's Marv Levy or Dan Reeves with an anger management issue.

guess nowadays, even Head Coaches are Not For Long???

don't feel Harbaugh is worth MUCH more than Baalke, certainly more but not MUCH more. if a GM continues to draft well, a HC has a chance to succeed. if a good Head Coach is provided poor players, he has no chance.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess nowadays, even Head Coaches are Not For Long???

don't feel Harbaugh is worth MUCH more than Baalke, certainly more but not MUCH more. if a GM continues to draft well, a HC has a chance to succeed. if a good Head Coach is provided poor players, he has no chance.

Only six coaches in the league have longer than six years with their current team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Cower's attitude would fit the team well. I think he's been away too long, but coaching a team as talented as the Niners could re-light that fire.

Man it's depressing even talking about this. First getting screwed by the ref's in SB 47, then dufus gets delay of game on 3rd & 1 then people are talking about Harbaugh leaving. I mean it's like I'm being pummeled repeatedly in the nuts like Jim Carrey does in his daydream in Dumb & Dumber.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Harbs answer will come this off-season. If he gets a new deal he stays if not we trade him at some point.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cower's attitude would fit the team well. I think he's been away too long, but coaching a team as talented as the Niners could re-light that fire.

Man it's depressing even talking about this. First getting screwed by the ref's in SB 47, then dufus gets delay of game on 3rd & 1 then people are talking about Harbaugh leaving. I mean it's like I'm being pummeled repeatedly in the nuts like Jim Carrey does in his daydream in Dumb & Dumber.

I'm just as depressed as you are. Initially, I thought this was just the media hyping things up. But after seeing Jed admit that there were some discussions especially AFTER he denied the original report is not helping the situation. It would've been way better for the Niners to come forward and say "the browns approached and we said no." Instead they tried to play dumb as if nothing happened.

On a side note: why would the Browns' owner even try to confirm the reports. That can't be a good endorsement of their current coach. It's like saying: "Oh yea Mike Pettine, you were our 2nd choice."

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mike Lombardi leaked it cuz he is pissed he got canned. Haslam jumped on the grenade cuz he figured it might make him look like he is trying to make big moves.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harbaugh's gone, I'd like to Roman to be HC.

I'd be okay with that. All though I never want us to lose Harbuagh. Roman would be the best choice based on continuity. We wouldn't have to totally dismantle our Offense. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On what are you basing this?

If his departure is inevitable, then I agree they should deal him. Might as well start from scratch with a gluttony of draft picks.

The fact that he has been a HC for 3 different teams in the last 10 years. The only way I see him stay awhile is because he still has young children and he may not want to move them around the country. Also the Michigan job will open up again and when that happens it's unlikely Harbaugh can pass that opportunity up.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The fact that he has been a HC for 3 different teams in the last 10 years.

Well it's not like he went from Notre Dame to Texas to the 49ers; He went from SDSU to Stanford to the Niners. Both were vertical moves. Kind of like going from a QB coach to an OC to a HC. Most head coaches do that.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My dream scenario if Harbaugh HAD to be traded would be:
Harbaugh
Kaepernick
Rogers

For:
Browns #4 overall, and other 1st
Browns 2nd, and 3rd this year.
Browns 1st, 2nd next year.
Josh Gordon

1st round:
4. Teddy Bridgewater, QB
26. Calvin Pryor, CB
30. Justin Gilbert, S
35. Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG/C
56. Jordan Matthews/OBJ/Cooks, WR
61. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE
71. Louchiez Purifoy, CB
83. Anthony Johnson, DT/DE
94. Zach Mettenberger, QB
3rd Round Comp. Shayne Skov, ILB
3rd Round Comp/4th - Seantrel Henderson, OT

Use later round picks to move up if needed. We could have a dynasty.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My dream scenario if Harbaugh HAD to be traded would be:
Harbaugh
Kaepernick
Rogers

For:
Browns #4 overall, and other 1st
Browns 2nd, and 3rd this year.
Browns 1st, 2nd next year.
Josh Gordon

1st round:
4. Teddy Bridgewater, QB
26. Calvin Pryor, CB
30. Justin Gilbert, S
35. Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG/C
56. Jordan Matthews/OBJ/Cooks, WR
61. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE
71. Louchiez Purifoy, CB
83. Anthony Johnson, DT/DE
94. Zach Mettenberger, QB
3rd Round Comp. Shayne Skov, ILB
3rd Round Comp/4th - Seantrel Henderson, OT

Use later round picks to move up if needed. We could have a dynasty.

Man... That's obnoxious for the first three rounds... A cpl potential unrealistic options, but if we are dreaming...

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Question and only a question, IF we traded Harbs (I don't want to), what could we realistically get in return?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not worth it to me if it's just one first. Harbs might piss people off, but he gets results. Great results.