• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sooooo.... who trades for Westbrook now?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with Russ is his game vs his age. He's not a guy who shoots it well . He's a guy who depends on his insane speed and freakish athleticism .

At almost 31 those things aren't likely to stay at a high level 4 more years . Forget the 170 million . If RW loses even one step or a little athleticism he's basically just a PG who can't shoot .

Now think about the 170 million lol

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possibly the best athlete in the history of the league. Options are limited due to salary cap but he will be in demand.
I agree, but I'm not too sure he will get 40 million a year. Russell is a hell of a defensive player. That was one of the reasons that the Sonics drafted him out of UCLA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possibly the best athlete in the history of the league. Options are limited due to salary cap but he will be in demand.

I agree that he'll be in some kind of demand.

There are always teams looking to sell tickets and make the playoffs. So, at the least, some fringe playoff team may be willing to trade for him between now and the trade deadline.

But, with that contact and looking at paying him almost $50 million dollars in his age 33 season...I'm not sure how much you'll actually be able to get for him.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside + Dragic for Westbrook + 2 picks (returned) should do it... Still I think Miami should pass... Are they trying to become the "OKC of the East" or what?

Basketball isn’t your strong suit. Licking windows? You’re the best.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I'm not too sure he will get 40 million a year. Russell is a hell of a defensive player. That was one of the reasons
I agree that he'll be in some kind of demand.

There are always teams looking to sell tickets and make the playoffs. So, at the least, some fringe playoff team may be willing to trade for him between now and the trade deadline.

But, with that contact and looking at paying him almost $50 million dollars in his age 33 season...I'm not sure how much you'll actually be able to get for him.

Yeah will see I guess, same could be said for several players at this point. We have those 2 Heat picks so not sure we want to make them better. A lot of things at play.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny you proposed the same I did practically lol.

Seems Detroit is pretty excited about Sekou I'd actually be surprised if they moved him. But for RW in a town that has had two good runs of success it's been a little too long this second time around.

I don't see the Detroit time frame for each of their stars working real well with Russ. Drummond has a player option next year, followed by free agency the year following. Blake is one year later with the same scenario. Russ has the same scenario the year after Blake. This team will still be expensive, while losing a key piece 3 years in a row (and really expensive to think about retaining those players beyond that). Their real window would be 2 years, maybe 3 if they brought in Russ, and I don't think they would ever be a real title contender.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be sad if Russ goes man I love that guy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with Russ is his game vs his age. He's not a guy who shoots it well . He's a guy who depends on his insane speed and freakish athleticism .

At almost 31 those things aren't likely to stay at a high level 4 more years . Forget the 170 million . If RW loses even one step or a little athleticism he's basically just a PG who can't shoot .

Now think about the 170 million lol

Think about how many far less talented players are making 30+M.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Detroit time frame for each of their stars working real well with Russ. Drummond has a player option next year, followed by free agency the year following. Blake is one year later with the same scenario. Russ has the same scenario the year after Blake. This team will still be expensive, while losing a key piece 3 years in a row (and really expensive to think about retaining those players beyond that). Their real window would be 2 years, maybe 3 if they brought in Russ, and I don't think they would ever be a real title contender.

I don't think Detroit would be a title contender either but it's kind of funny we would think Miami as any more desirable from a competitive standpoint. The fact Blake and Andre hit free agency is helpful really if they decide it didn't work.

Last edited:

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA rumors: Rockets pinpointed as potential Russell Westbrook trade partner

...The Houston Rockets reportedly could be interested in Westbrook being their next move, rival executives told The Athletic's Sam Amick and Brett Dawson.

"Rival executives have also pinpointed the Houston Rockets as a likely suitor, which would come as no surprise considering the way general manager Daryl Morey has prioritized the pursuit of stars during his entire career (not to mention the possible reunion between Westbrook and his old Thunder teammate James Harden)," Amick and Dawson write.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny you proposed the same I did practically lol.

Seems Detroit is pretty excited about Sekou I'd actually be surprised if they moved him. But for RW in a town that has had two good runs of success it's been a little too long this second time around.

I put Sekou Doumbouya in there because OKC really needs something of value other than a package of picks. Jackson and Snell are only in the trade to make the salaries work and the fact that Jackson is an expiring deal next summer. Kennard isn't an intriguing enough of a piece to entice me if I'm OKC. I'm giving away an MVP player. I at least want back a prospect that has all star potential. Sekou is raw, but he's the only piece Detroit has that has any value imo. Him, and a handful of picks/pick swaps would be enough to where the deal might become a possibility, especially if the picks fall a couple of years from now when Westbrook/Griffin get old. If Detroit does get in on this, I feel like Sekou is going to be involved in some way whether its straight up or part of a larger multi-team deal

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put Sekou Doumbouya in there because OKC really needs something of value other than a package of picks. Jackson and Snell are only in the trade to make the salaries work and the fact that Jackson is an expiring deal next summer. Kennard isn't an intriguing enough of a piece to entice me if I'm OKC. I'm giving away an MVP player. I at least want back a prospect that has all star potential. Sekou is raw, but he's the only piece Detroit has that has any value imo. Him, and a handful of picks/pick swaps would be enough to where the deal might become a possibility, especially if the picks fall a couple of years from now when Westbrook/Griffin get old. If Detroit does get in on this, I feel like Sekou is going to be involved in some way whether its straight up or part of a larger multi-team deal

I don’t know man.

That Russ contract is not good.

I agree OKC will get something back in addition to some bad short term contracts.

But if they get Sekou + multiple picks? Then detroit is getting raped.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem Westbrook is headed to Mismi, Detroit or Houston and probably sooner rather than later. My money is on Miami.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem Westbrook is headed to Mismi, Detroit or Houston and probably sooner rather than later. My money is on Miami.

Houston just doesn't make sense to me but I guess crazier things have happened

Doesn't make sense for OKC to take on Paul's contract if the idea is hitting reset.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston just doesn't make sense to me but I guess crazier things have happened

Doesn't make sense for OKC to take on Paul's contract if the idea is hitting reset.

I suspect the Rockets would actually try to add RW and KEEP Paul and Harden.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect the Rockets would actually try to add RW and KEEP Paul and Harden.

That's an expensive backcourt

Would think then they start at Gordon's expiring but they don't really have any attractive young players and their picks are less valuable

Just don't see that happening

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, can't see Westbrook and CP 3 working together at all. I think he goes to Miami.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that the Magic could be a good candidate that may consider landing Westbrook...

Knowing Hammond, I believe he will be after a PG this season and it should be one out of CP3, Wbrook and Wall he will land... Whoever takes Mozgov's expiring contract would be the favorite candidate to have a deal with Hammond.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA rumors: Rockets pinpointed as potential Russell Westbrook trade partner

...The Houston Rockets reportedly could be interested in Westbrook being their next move, rival executives told The Athletic's Sam Amick and Brett Dawson.

"Rival executives have also pinpointed the Houston Rockets as a likely suitor, which would come as no surprise considering the way general manager Daryl Morey has prioritized the pursuit of stars during his entire career (not to mention the possible reunion between Westbrook and his old Thunder teammate James Harden)," Amick and Dawson write.

I swear, Morey must be searching for ways to get fired. Yet another trade target for a ball dominant player to play with Harden lol?

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear, Morey must be searching for ways to get fired. Yet another trade target for a ball dominant player to play with Harden lol?
Actually I believe Wbrook to Houston would make most sense than all other destinations provided that CP3 is also moved on a 3 team deal...

In such a case, I could see the Magic ending up with CP3 and Wbrk ending with Houston, while the Magic would pay OKC in a deal that would include Mozgov moved (not necessarily to OKC - could end up to be a 4 team deal).