• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sooooo.... who trades for Westbrook now?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone want a 30 year old PG for 40 million a year who has never won anything ? I know why OKC wants to get rid of him. I guess maybe the Knicks may be desperate enough but what the hell are you getting for RW?? I'm not even giving one 1st rounder

Quite possibly the best athlete in the history of the league. Options are limited due to salary cap but he will be in demand.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possibly the best athlete in the history of the league.
Now into his 30's, though... with a good bit of mileage on his tires.

Athleticism doesn't usually age well.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured OP would say OKC cuts Russ, MIL picks him up on vet min because he wants to play with the locker room hero that is George Hill.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously to Detroit for the epic haul of Reggie Jackson, Tony Snell and Luke Kennard

Maybe a pick or two but that's pretty stout

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

I could totally see the Pistons convincing themselves that Westbrook/Griffin/Drummond could make them contenders in the East. And they might not be wrong in the short term. Philly and Mil are up top, but past that would it shock anyone if that trio topped the other teams next season?

It's not terrible for OKC's side either. They shed Westbrook's salary. Get Doumbouya, who is an intriguing prospect and I'd say throw in a couple more lightly protected draft picks.

I'm not saying this is something I would do. Just saying I could see Detroit thinking about doing something like this

(FWIW, this can't happen until August. Recent draftees can't be traded for 30 days)

That's funny you proposed the same I did practically lol.

Seems Detroit is pretty excited about Sekou I'd actually be surprised if they moved him. But for RW in a town that has had two good runs of success it's been a little too long this second time around.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler + Russell Westbrook in a wide open East with Durant out of commission. Omg omg omg.
Meh. Westbrook-led teams will always fail at higher levels of competition because he is unwilling to put team needs ahead of his own.

He's no Tim Duncan!

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe last player that would interest coach Casey is Westbrook... Other than being a PG that doesn't suit Casey's game, Wb's addition would kill any financial the Pistons might hope for the future and Casey hates that also...

Doumbouya is the last player in their roster that Casey would give the green light to be traded... He loves young players he picks and is the ideal coach to develop them... Siakam and Anunoby speak for it all...

Pops and Casey are the best coaches in the league... watch the Pistons coming this year in the East...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe last player that would interest coach Casey is Westbrook... Other than being a PG that doesn't suit Casey's game, Wb's addition would kill any financial the Pistons might hope for the future and Casey hates that also...

Doumbouya is the last player in their roster that Casey would give the green light to be traded... He loves young players he picks and is the ideal coach to develop them... Siakam and Anunoby speak for it all...

Pops and Casey are the best coaches in the league... watch the Pistons coming this year in the East...

The Pistons are a franchise used to winning and they ain't winning shit with the roster as constructed.

Financially if it busted they just pass on keeping Drummond

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here are Casey's career coaching #'s. Regular season- 414-348 (.543) / playoffs- 21-34 (.384). 10 years as a coach & has been bounced outta the 1st round 3x in 6 playoff appearences (got swept twice).

Doc Rivers (20 years): 894-658 (.576) / playoffs- 15 appearences w/ 3 different teams. Never got swept outta the 1st round. Got to 2 Finals & won 1. 84-83 (.503) playoff record.

No question Pop's the best coach in the game today. But Casey's not the 2nd best. Doc's better & his #'s prove it. A case could also be made for Spoelstra ahead of Casey due to career coaching accomplishments.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone want a 30 year old PG for 40 million a year who has never won anything ? I know why OKC wants to get rid of him. I guess maybe the Knicks may be desperate enough but what the hell are you getting for RW?? I'm not even giving one 1st rounder
The Lakers should trade for him.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe to a very slight degree.

But he said George would be traded to the Bucks for

Hill, Snell and Ilyasova

That was his trade idea
I never take any of his posts seriously.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons are a franchise used to winning and they ain't winning shit with the roster as constructed.

Financially if it busted they just pass on keeping Drummond
Don't you contradict yourself by saying this?

They hired Casey last season, exactly because they were trapped with the roster and its cost and Casey already took the best he could out of a roster he had no responsibility upon and now he is improving it considerably within the limited financial space he has to work with...

The Pistons have a promissing future potential ahead of them... They drafted excellent, have addressed the big tactical issues their roster had, they've improved their roster depth and will be more competitive day after day...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside + Dragic for Westbrook + 2 picks (returned) should do it... Still I think Miami should pass... Are they trying to become the "OKC of the East" or what?

Hey, dumb fuck. We traded Whiteside to Portland already.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, Russell will soon be 31 years old. He is still capable of helping a team, but not at 40 million a year. He is one of the best two-way PG's in the game.