• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sooooo.... who trades for Westbrook now?

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The money left on CP3 and Russ contracts are identical.

So we got a 4 year younger player and gave up 2 future picks... That's it!!

It may not work but we HAD to try something. We've tried this with CP3 and saw for SURE we can't win with what we had...

We will give it a shot with Russ and see how it goes.

Reactions: GNG

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook to the Rockets should concern Harden

Westbrook comes across as a guy that would relentlessly taunt someone else about their manboobs

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It may not work but we HAD to try something. We've tried this with CP3 and saw for SURE we can't win with what we had...

Do you see that?

You saw that you couldn’t beat an all time great team.

But nobody came closer than Houston to beating a healthy Warrior team with KD.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see that?

You saw that you couldn’t beat an all time great team.

But nobody came closer than Houston to beating a healthy Warrior team with KD.

What are you talking about hand???

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Westbrook trade is one of the worst values I have ever seen in sports.

An unquestioned top 10 player in the league traded for absolutely nothing. To get rid of CP3 OKC is likely going to have to throw in the picks that they just received from Houston just to get rid of his salary.

Makes me feel a lot better about my Wolves giving up KG for spare parts.

Why OKC just didn't hold onto him for 6 more months to a year and get a better return is absolutely beyond me.

Two unprotected 1sts from a team who will probably suck by the time the picks are up...that’s not “absolutely nothing.” Also the rights to swap. We’ll see what happens with Houston...but Harden and Westbrook will be sitting in their mid 30s when OKC gets to pick for Houston. They could actually be quite valuable, as could the swaps.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Westbrook's remaining contract seasons are 4, while CP3's are 3...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it'll work out and I'll be totally fine saying I was wrong, but this just seems like a disaster trade for Houston imo. I just don't see the Harden/Westbrook pairing working. And they gave up a lot picks. Morey has a history of not valuing picks but this just seems reckless. To me, this speaks more about just making a big move for the sake of making a move than it does making a move that makes sense.

After they lost to the Warriors in embarrassing fashion, I get it. You want to shake it up (I suggested firing D'Antoni. I think a few others here did as well, Bk and someone else I think) but that roster has been really good the last 2 years. They just couldn't beat the Warriors. Well that team isn't around anymore. Even with the turmoil Morey caused by saying everyone is on the block, I thought they were actually in a good spot the way the rest of free agency broke. There's lots of teams that were gonna have to learn to play together, making the Rockets continuity a built in advantage. Now that's all out the window. They bring in Westbrook, who doesn't fit with how Moreyball works at all. His shot sucks so teams can just play off him. That's gonna jam up everything stylistically for them. I don't see this making them any better. They were already championship or bust. But now they aren't really closer to a championship and that bust is now even a bigger bust because they sacrificed a good chunk of their future.

Excellent haul for OKC though. It's a no brainer for them. There's no way they could have gotten that return from Miami or Detroit

Yeah, I can't see this working.

These are 2 guys who are used to be the central focus of their teams. If I'm not mistaken, they were #1 and #2 in number of minutes with the ball in their hands.

Suddenly they're both going to be good with giving that up?

I guess from a talent perspective I could see it working if they were both willing to change the way they play.

Just have a hard time seeing that happening. Especially in close games.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahahahahaha
Exhibit A in the proof that Curry was not close to 100% and the Cavs needed some luck in 2016. Which, as I have explained, all champions need (luck)

Even in 2017 when one of the greatest teams in NBA history went in dry on the league at 16-1, they needed luck. Not on the court because no one was even close to a threat, but the luck was in getting Durant. A lot of lucky things had to happen for him to be there.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Russ has a year longer on his contract than Chris Paul.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Russ has a year longer on his contract than Chris Paul.

Yes. Which is really better for us. Give us another year if this works. If not, we will deal him away.

Plus Russ will give us 80 games a year... CP3 was only good for 60.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched Al Horford play lately? Is this a real post?

Clearly yes he can.

At least a hell of a lot better than Love ever could.

If you watched the playoffs you would have seen Al Horford guarding Giannis and doing a decent job of it. Horford is almost always in the right position, he is a great communicator and has been the anchor to some really good defensive teams. He can guard bigs effectively and he can even be the primary defender on big athletic forwards like Giannis and LeBron.

You mentioning Al Horford’s defense in the same sentence as Kevin Love is a joke.
I agree Horford can still play D but the "Love can't play D" reply to nearly any comment about him is absurd. There are teams that would love to have him and he would be very helpful to them as stretch 4s who can rebound and shoot well from 3 don't grow on trees.

Love is also younger than Horford and his game can probably age better than Horford's. But I do like Horford and think that is one of the best signings of the offseason.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exhibit A in the proof that Curry was not close to 100% and the Cavs needed some luck in 2016. Which, as I have explained, all champions need (luck)

Even in 2017 when one of the greatest teams in NBA history went in dry on the league at 16-1, they needed luck. Not on the court because no one was even close to a threat, but the luck was in getting Durant. A lot of lucky things had to happen for him to be there.
Curry barely missing a shot was proof he was not close to 100%? You saying even at 100% he didn't miss 3s? Even wide open 3s? Absurd.

I'd even give Love less credit than he gets for the play. Props to him for playing D as well as he could, but that's a shot Curry and and nearly hit. And if he does and GS wins? The fools who said the Cavs can't win a title with Love would have been claiming a "win" for that comment.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he's right? No team in contention would even consider acquiring him?

Depends on the team and what they need.

For example, before the Lakers started signing guys to go with Lebron, AD and Kuz, if they could have gotten Kevin Love for around what they're paying Danny Green...that would have been a good pickup for them. He would have brought shooting that they didn't have and as a bonus, is also a very good rebounder.

But now, I don't think they'd want him because they addressed shooting and need defense. Now, they'd probably be more interested in someone like TT.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the team and what they need.

For example, before the Lakers started signing guys to go with Lebron, AD and Kuz, if they could have gotten Kevin Love for around what they're paying Danny Green...that would have been a good pickup for them. He would have brought shooting that they didn't have and as a bonus, is also a very good rebounder.

But now, I don't think they'd want him because they addressed shooting and need defense. Now, they'd probably be more interested in someone like TT.
Disagree some, but this seems fair. But the idea no contending team would want Love (which the poster said) is absurd.

Know who would probably love to have him? The Celtics. They could badly use another rebounder and while he can't play D close to Horford he's probably a better rebounder and shooter.

I think your team would take him in a second.....they just don't have the assets needed to acquire him. Don't really disagree for them TT might be better.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree some, but this seems fair. But the idea no contending team would want Love (which the poster said) is absurd.

Yeah, I wouldn't agree with that. I mean heck, even if the Lakers don't necessarily need him...more shooting and rebounding isn't likely to hurt a team. lol

Know who would probably love to have him? The Celtics. They could badly use another rebounder and while he can't play D close to Horford he's probably a better rebounder and shooter.

He'd stretch defenses for them and I agree, he's at least as good a rebounder, if not better.

I think your team would take him in a second.....they just don't have the assets needed to acquire him. Don't really disagree for them TT might be better.

I'm sure they would. Like I said, more shooting and rebounding isn't likely to hurt. But assuming they had a choice between the 2 and were addressing need, then TT would be the way to go, imo.