• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sooooo.... who trades for Westbrook now?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that I'm thinking they are either going to keep him or hope someone will piecemeal a deal for him

Otherwise they would've traded RW for a couple pick swaps and whatever player or players Chris Paul gets them.
CP3 will be traded in my opinion.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think Al horford can play defense at this point in his career?

Have you watched Al Horford play lately? Is this a real post?

Clearly yes he can.

At least a hell of a lot better than Love ever could.

If you watched the playoffs you would have seen Al Horford guarding Giannis and doing a decent job of it. Horford is almost always in the right position, he is a great communicator and has been the anchor to some really good defensive teams. He can guard bigs effectively and he can even be the primary defender on big athletic forwards like Giannis and LeBron.

You mentioning Al Horford’s defense in the same sentence as Kevin Love is a joke.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched Al Horford play lately? Is this a real post?

Clearly yes he can.

At least a hell of a lot better than Love ever could.

If you watched the playoffs you would have seen Al Horford guarding Giannis and doing a decent job of it. Horford is almost always in the right position, he is a great communicator and has been the anchor to some really good defensive teams. He can guard bigs effectively and he can even be the primary defender on big athletic forwards like Giannis and LeBron.

You mentioning Al Horford’s defense in the same sentence as Kevin Love is a joke.
ahahahahaha

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahahahahaha

Yeah.

I am quite sure you could find some clips of IT3 with some great defensive sequences too.

That does not make him a good defender.

Horford is a good defensive player at age 33 and he probably still will be at age 36.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The love/Horford comparison has to be a troll lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

I am quite sure you could find some clips of IT3 with some great defensive sequences too.

That does not make him a good defender.

Horford is a good defensive player at age 33 and he probably still will be at age 36.

One could easily make an hour long collage of Love being abused playing D.

#considerthesource

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... Neither Houston or OKC could find a customer and therefore the swept with each other...

Winner is OKC imo, they've got another 2x1sts, the right to sweep another two & Paul's contract ends a season earlier...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... Neither Houston or OKC could find a customer and therefore the swept with each other...

Winner is OKC imo, they've got another 2x1sts, the right to sweep another two & Paul's contract ends a season earlier...
OKC will have to package at least one of those 1sts with CP3 to move him.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC is going to benefit from all these trades. Big time.

OKC wasn't winning with Westbrook, he just isn't THE franchise player to bring you a title. OKC was stacked this past year and if they couldn't get out of the first round with that team, they weren't going anywhere in the near future with those guys, especially Westbrook.

Houston isn't winning a title with Harden/Westbrook, another great regular season, sure, but another early playoff exit.

Clippers legitimate contenders in due part of Leonard, not PG, but the addition of PG certainly escalates their chances. But still, OKC was not winning anything as the moves were going on in the West. So this sets them up for the best option in 3-4 years. Basically the possibility of getting another form of Durant/Harden/Westbrook type players, only hopefully this time they can keep them together.

Reactions: GNG

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Westbrook trade is one of the worst values I have ever seen in sports.

An unquestioned top 10 player in the league traded for absolutely nothing. To get rid of CP3 OKC is likely going to have to throw in the picks that they just received from Houston just to get rid of his salary.

Makes me feel a lot better about my Wolves giving up KG for spare parts.

Why OKC just didn't hold onto him for 6 more months to a year and get a better return is absolutely beyond me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Westbrook trade is one of the worst values I have ever seen in sports.

An unquestioned top 10 player in the league traded for absolutely nothing. To get rid of CP3 OKC is likely going to have to throw in the picks that they just received from Houston just to get rid of his salary.

Makes me feel a lot better about my Wolves giving up KG for spare parts.

Why OKC just didn't hold onto him for 6 more months to a year and get a better return is absolutely beyond me.

Because he is a bad contract too and teams weren’t willing to pay to give up assets to acquire him.

My guess is that CP3 is on the team for awhile.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which makes Houston the obvious winner...there is no guarantee on picks but they absorbed the 2nd worst contract in NBA history for two unknown picks and gave up a future HOF. You continue to show you know nothing about the NBA lolzzz classic

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he is a bad contract too and teams weren’t willing to pay to give up assets to acquire him.

My guess is that CP3 is on the team for awhile.

His contract isn't that bad. People made too much about his age. This is basketball not football. He will be a top NBA player through the end of this deal. NBA teams know that.

The big deal about his contract is that no one could fit it into their teams now that free agency is 2 weeks in. Literally no one could trade for him and make it worth OKC's time just because all the money that was set to be given out this offseason was already given out.

If they had waited until Dec where teams could have thrown in players that were just signed this offseason or even till next offseason, they would have gotten a much, much, much, much better return. I have no idea why they rushed this. Westbrook might have been unhappy....but who cares. There is no way he would have raised enough stink to justify not getting anything in return for him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His contract isn't that bad. People made too much about his age. This is basketball not football. He will be a top NBA player through the end of this deal. NBA teams know that.

The big deal about his contract is that no one could fit it into their teams now that free agency is 2 weeks in. Literally no one could trade for him and make it worth OKC's time just because all the money that was set to be given out this offseason was already given out.

If they had waited until Dec where teams could have thrown in players that were just signed this offseason or even till next offseason, they would have gotten a much, much, much, much better return. I have no idea why they rushed this. Westbrook might have been unhappy....but who cares. There is no way he would have raised enough stink to justify not getting anything in return for him.

The market disagrees with you.

There were multiple teams who wanted Westbrook.

None were willing to pay to get him

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet OKC will trade Schroeder now...

Expiring Fournier + another couple of picks perhaps?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Westbrook will let Harden use his kitchen... :heh: