• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soon to be Hall of Famer - Eli Manning

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady, Eli. Ryan and Rivers would thrive in the old era because they are the only 4 that would survive and in top 10 of consecutive starts. Most of today's QB's would be injured and out in no time, poor Jimmy G lasted 6 Q's. Now some guys like Wilson , time will tell

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning absolutely owns Tom Brady when it matters most

You can cry all you want dude, only idiots in this place dont know what your entire agenda is here

Youll get over it one day

How so? You realize they don't play each other right? Do you even watch football?

You are really starting to look like a petulant child. Maybe try living less vicariously through a sports team?:noidea:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady, Eli and Rivers would thrive in the old era because they are the only 3 that would survive and in top 10 of consecutive starts. Most of today's QB's would be injured and out in no time, poor Jimmy G lasted 6 QB's. Now some guys like Wilson and Ryan, time will tell

Eli never missed a game in his career, you have to be a special brand of stupid to question how he would "tough it out" in a previous era

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? You realize they don't play each other right? Do you even watch football?

You are really starting to look like a petulant child. Maybe try living less vicariously through a sports team?:noidea:

Yeah, youre on a roll

- Washington had nothing to play for yesterday
- Trent Dilfer has the same career as Eli Manning
- a QB that has never missed a start would have a tough time staying healthy in a previous era

Keep going

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli never missed a game in his career, you have to be a special brand of stupid to question how he would "tough it out" in a previous era

Hard to say, but he likely would have numerous injuries. The QB was a bit more fair game back then.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a special brand of stupid when you're comparing a QB from the 1970's and early to mid 1980's to one who played from 2004 to the present and are using passing TD's as your main argument.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had to add Ryan to that list he is in top 10 too Eli, Rivers, Ryan and Brady twice

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, youre on a roll

- Washington had nothing to play for yesterday
- Trent Dilfer has the same career as Eli Manning
- a QB that has never missed a start would have a tough time staying healthy in a previous era

Keep going

Umm are you responding to the correct poster? I never said any of those things.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little and Big Peyton love ending his seasons

And they will go down as lesser QBs when the dust finally settles on all their careers. Little Petyon will be a footnote on the NFL history books.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a special brand of stupid when you're comparing a QB from the 1970's and early to mid 1980's to one who played from 2004 to the present and are using passing TD's as your main argument.

Yeah, if stats are somewhat comparable, it would be stupid

When you are calling 2 QB;s the same when there are 23 and 25 THOUSAND yards seperating them, and hundreds of TD passes, youre looking pretty stupid

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing the games started and TD totals of Rivers and Eli seems dumb when you consider Rivers was Brees' backup for 2 years, he's been a consistent starter every year since. All the other regular season stats(YPG, TD%, INT%, QB Rating) favor Rivers. The only thing Eli has going for him is twice he found himself in the playoffs and had a nice run to win a SB. I'm not trying to say that those postseason stats don't matter, I'm sure Rivers would rather be an average reg. season QB like Eli and win 2 titles, but it's the one edge Eli has over him.

Eli is like Joe Flacco imo, solid regular season stats with some big years in the playoffs. Both have beaten the Pats in the playoffs twice, which makes them even more similar.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they will go down as lesser QBs when the dust finally settles on all their careers. Little Petyon will be a footnote on the NFL history books.

Yes, Peyton, like most NFL record holders, will go down as a much lesser QB

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing the games started and TD totals of Rivers and Eli seems dumb when you consider Rivers was Brees' backup for 2 years, he's been a consistent starter every year since. All the other regular season stats(YPG, TD%, INT%, QB Rating) favor Rivers. The only thing Eli has going for him is twice he found himself in the playoffs and had a nice run to win a SB. I'm not trying to say that those postseason stats don't matter, I'm sure Rivers would rather be an average reg. season QB like Eli and win 2 titles, but it's the one edge Eli has over him.

Eli is like Joe Flacco imo, solid regular season stats with some big years in the playoffs. Both have beaten the Pats in the playoffs twice, which makes them even more similar.

Oh Boy! Now you've done it! You have besmirched the reputation of the little Manning.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts. Or you don't understand how thew game has evolved and the QB's now are fucking coddled with the rules.

Sure i do, its a point i make when everyone calls Brady the GOAT, when I know guys like Elway, Marino and Montana would be putting up circus like numbers in an era you cant play defense

However, when the discrepancy is so so great, i cant just chalk it up to different eras