• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soon to be Hall of Famer - Eli Manning

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I don't like the ESPN stats (QBR based), just thought I would have fun. :nod:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found a way to post the players in question together to make it a bit easier to compare.

Tom Brady represents the control group since it's a given he is a 1st ballot HoF.

upload_2017-1-2_10-40-24.png

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, youre a fan, diminishing the value of QB's you dont like (for obvious reasons) while using the same set of criteria to pump up the QB you cheer for

What's that saying again? Something about a pot and a kettle.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am usually a "rings" guy. I recognize October is what separates Derek Jeter from A-Rod, I understand why Dan Marino is never on anyone's GOAT list and agree with it. And make no mistake, Eli played great in those playoff runs that lead to Super Bowl titles.

But I also understand the Hall of Fame is more than just about rings, go ask Jim Plunkett who also has 2. The HOF means you were one of the greatest players of your era. Not even the biggest Giants homer would every put Eli in that company. No he is always mentioned exactly where he belongs: below the first tier of Brady/Rogers, below the next tier starting with guys like Big Ben/Brees, and in that next level. Hell Plunkett has a better argument for being one of the better ones of his era than Eli does.

As for comparing QBs of different eras let's not forget it all started with this post below. To compare Eli's stats to Terry Bradshaw is completely idiotic for reasons already discussed at length.

so??

Put your jackoff lotion down and check his career stats vs current HOF'ers... It's not the two rings that will get him in.

Last edited:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually are. Namath played before the WC offense was invented and it was much more of a running game than a passing game. Most people who know football understand this. A majority of the QB's threw more INT's than TD's.....it was just a different game.

Nobody is saying Eli is horrible but if you want a comparison to somebody who has played more recently? Trent Dilfer. He won a SB because he had a dynamite running game and a great defense.

His career 59.7% is less than stellar and he has 320 TD's but has also thrown 215 INT's.....not a good ratio at all and that's his biggest criticism. Not a huge fan of QB Rating but it's one of the things that QB's are judged on. 83.7 isn't considered good at all. And his 7.1ypa when you have the WR's he has? Not very good.

None of this adds up to HOF'er.

Trent Dilfer?

If he had 28,000 more passing yards, 207 more TD passes, 2 more SB MVP's and one more ring, youd have yourself an identical comparison

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am usually a "rings" guy. I recognize October is what separates Derek Jeter from A-Rod, I understand why Dan Marino is never on anyone's GOAT list and agree with it. And make no mistake, Eli played great in those playoff runs that lead to Super Bowl titles.

But I also understand the Hall of Fame is more than just about rings, go ask Jim Plunkett who also has 2. The HOF means you were one of the greatest players of your era. Not even the biggest Giants homer would every put Eli in that company. No he is always mentioned exactly where he belongs: below the first tier of Brady/Rogers, below the next tier starting with guys like Big Ben/Brees, and in that next level. Hell Plunkett has a better argument for being one of the better ones of his era than Eli does.

As for comparing QBs of different eras let's not forget it all started with this post below. To compare Eli's stats to Terry Bradshaw is completely idiotic for reasons already discussed at length.

Jim Plunkett has 23,000 less passing yards and almost 200 less career TD's than Eli Manning

You were right about the 2 Super Bowls

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirt thanks for the Holiday pic of you and HU appreciate it man. Was that pic taken recently?BBrmexm.jpg

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Plunkett has 23,000 less passing yards and almost 200 less career TD's than Eli Manning

You were right about the 2 Super Bowls

And Eli would be a complete train wreck during that era.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli and his pop gun offense put up a whopping 19 points against an awful team that had nothing to play for.

I'm impressed.

Youre right, Washington had nothing to play for

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEPatsfan

"Likes" a post that had Washington playing for nothing yesterday

LMAO

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would Tom Brady

Doubtful, but keep wishing.

The way you can tell is how much better Tom is than Eli overall. Also how he performs under duress compared to little Peyton.

Cry all you want, he's just meh overall with some flashes of greatness.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you got nothing dude, youre a Brady balwasher ,comparing players with a 28,000 yard discrepancy to each other

Brady is greater than Eli, it's simply a fact. You're starting to look less manly and more like a cry baby.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful, but keep wishing.

The way you can tell is how much better Tom is than Eli overall. Also how he performs under duress compared to little Peyton.

Cry all you want, he's just meh overall with some flashes of greatness.

Eli Manning absolutely owns Tom Brady when it matters most

You can cry all you want dude, only idiots in this place dont know what your entire agenda is here

Youll get over it one day