• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soon to be Hall of Famer - Eli Manning

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for you, those flashes of greatness and what was accomplished, are more important than any single stat that ever existed, cause its all any player at any position, actually plays for

Not at all. Had no effect on me whatsoever.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do, and he is still the G.O.A.T after the application.

And there ya go........In this pass flush era as you put it, where defenders are not allowed to play defense, i think a neutral observor would find it hard to compare Brady to the Montana, Elway and Marinos' of the world that played in run heavy eras', where defense was allowed to be played

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there ya go........In this pass flush era as you put it, where defenders are not allowed to play defense, i think a neutral observor would find it hard to compare Brady to the Montana, Elway and Marinos' of the world that played in run heavy eras', where defense was allowed to be played

Not hard at all. Take Montana for example, he got to play essentially with the same guys most of his career including a Hall of Fame WR who is probably the G.O.A.T. at his position.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not hard at all. Take Montana for example, he got to play essentially with the same guys most of his career including a Hall of Fame WR who is probably the G.O.A.T. at his position.

Your'e a Pats fan and Brady lover, i understand....Brady has played for what is recognized as the greatest coach of all time, in the same plug and play system his entire career, while there are QB's around the league their entire careers, having to switch coordinators and much more importantly, offensive systems, multiple times in a career

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats say otherwise. All three have better stats. And in the case of Ben he also has 2 SB wins, and 1 more appearance than Eli.

Youd have to be a Pats fan who was stabbed twice in the heart by Eli Manning, to say Philip Rivers was better than him.....Philip Rivers when he has been on the big stage, is the anti-Eli Manning

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your'e a Pats fan and Brady lover, i understand....Brady has played for what is recognized as the greatest coach of all time, in the same plug and play system his entire career, while there are QB's around the league their entire careers, having to switch coordinators and much more importantly, offensive systems, multiple times in a career

And Brady is the G.O.A.T. and still going.:thumb:

He is on pace to set the total Wins bar so high, we may never see it broken in our lifetime.:yes:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youd have to be a Pats fan who was stabbed twice in the heart by Eli Manning, to say Philip Rivers was better than him.....Philip Rivers when he has been on the big stage, is the anti-Eli Manning

Your reading comp sucks. I said Rivers has better stats overall in his career.

And you are now affirming my point, that Eli is an enigma at QB. He has flashes, but mostly meh.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Brady is the G.O.A.T. and still going.:thumb:

He is on pace to set the total Wins bar so high, we may never see it broken in our lifetime.:yes:

Again, youre a fan, diminishing the value of QB's you dont like (for obvious reasons) while using the same set of criteria to pump up the QB you cheer for

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your reading comp sucks. I said Rivers has better stats overal in his career.

And you are now affirming my point, that Eli is an enigma at QB. He has flashes, but mostly meh.

Rivers has less TD's yards and games started, without even getting into the obvious lack of postseason success, but his stats are better because you just ignore those columns

I understand

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, youre a fan, diminishing the value of QB's you dont like (for obvious reasons) while using the same set of criteria to pump up the QB you cheer for

I didn't diminish anyones. I simply pointed out where Eli is by comparison to others. It is what it is. You are simply trying to push him over the line to greatness, which he is a bit shy of.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers has less TD's yards and games started, without even getting into the obvious lack of postseason success, but his stats are better because you just ignore those columns

I understand

You picked him, not me.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't diminish anyones. I simply pointed out where Eli is by comparison to others. It is what it is. You are simply trying to push him over the line to greatness, which he is a bit shy of.

"Pass Flush" era (which you are correct about) to diminish what Eli has done

Completely ignored when comparing Brady to previous greats

Its ok to admit, its exactly what you're doing

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Pass Flush" era (which you are correct about) to diminish what Eli has done

Completely ignored when comparing Brady to previous greats

Its ok to admit, its exactly what you're doing

Didn't ignore it at all. The difference with Brady is how much further over the line he is by comparison to guys like Eli.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just picking guys that have some obvious or less obvious HOF credentials in the same era

So then don't pin Rivers on me. I simply posted his stats and pointed out that they are better overall than Eli's.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then don't pin Rivers on me. I simply posted his stats and pointed out that they are better overall than Eli's.

In some categories, some not, and definitely not a category that holds and SHOULD hold a huge amount of weight when it comes to HOF voting