• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Somewhat early dynasty/keeper thoughts?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year two of a dynasty league, 12 team non-PPR, lost the title game last year, WR's are a bit of a miss but rest of roster is solid...here is my roster following the draft last week:

QB - Brady, Luck, Carr
RB - Bell, Hyde, Henry, Blount, Conner, Jamaal Williams, Zenner
WR - Crabtree, Maclin, Gabriel, Hurns, M. Mitchell, M. Lee, Z. Jones, Godwin
TE - Gronk, Bennett, Higbee

I can only roster 16 of these 21 players (other 6 rosters spots are needed for K and 5 IDP starters). I've got some time to see how some things play out during camps obviously, but doesn't hurt to get some outside opinions in the meantime. Right now barring trades I have 5 locks with the QB's, Bell, and Gronk; several near-locks with Hyde, Henry, Conner (cuff for Bell), Crab, amd Bennett; I'll probably keep my other 3 rookies, as well, at least to start That's 13.

So my final 3 would come from among Blount, Zenner, Maclin, Gabriel, the two Jag WR's, Mitchell, and Higbee.

Lineup is QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex, so I don't have a clearcut WR2...throw everything at the wall and see what sticks, eh? Welcome any thoughts on who you think the top 3 options would be at this point.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year two of a dynasty league, 12 team non-PPR, lost the title game last year, WR's are a bit of a miss but rest of roster is solid...here is my roster following the draft last week:

QB - Brady, Luck, Carr

I can only roster 16 of these 21 players (other 6 rosters spots are needed for K and 5 IDP starters). I've got some time to see how some things play out during camps obviously, but doesn't hurt to get some outside opinions in the meantime. Right now barring trades I have 5 locks with the QB's, Bell, and Gronk; several near-locks with Hyde, Henry, Conner (cuff for Bell), Crab, amd Bennett; I'll probably keep my other 3 rookies, as well, at least to start That's 13.

So my final 3 would come from among Blount, Zenner, Maclin, Gabriel, the two Jag WR's, Mitchell, and Higbee.

Lineup is QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex, so I don't have a clearcut WR2...throw everything at the wall and see what sticks, eh? Welcome any thoughts on who you think the top 3 options would be at this point.
First thing is I wouldn't say this is early to think about at all, dynasty is year round thinking.

Second I think some easy eliminations would be Higbee, Zenner and Godwin. After that you need to figure of how you want to shape the bottom of your roster. If I were you I would trade a QB and try to improve at WR.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first thoughts would be, why 3 top 10-15 QB's? Gotta trade one, preferably Luck, as he's got the best name value and his plenty of career left. Best trade bang for your buck, Should be able to get a really strong WR, and you'll be just fine with Carr and GOAT for at least the next couple years.

Secondly, i wouldn't roster 3 TE's either, especially given the capital you've got invested in the first 2. Higbee, while possibly a good player, doesn't really project to be a strong fantasy TE.

So, hers the 16 i would keep
1-3. The 3 QB's.. actively looking to trade one though
4-8. Bell, Hyde, Henry, Conner, J. Williams
9-11 Crabby, Maclin, Z. Jones
12-14. Gronk and Bennett
Leaving 2 spots for, imho, Blount, and Hurns (personally hate Hurns, but given your situation, he's the best bet)

Then turn around and trade one of those QB's for a strong WR2, maybe even a lower WR1 if you can swing it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to find the Joe Williams owner and see if you can get him two, or your RB's just might end up even worse than your WR's by next year, if not sooner

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount, Maclin and Gabriel

no typo? only one RB spot?

I would also look to move a QB for a WR

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to find the Joe Williams owner and see if you can get him two, or your RB's just might end up even worse than your WR's by next year, if not sooner

or sell that owner some Hyde

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input. I've been on the hunt for a QB-WR swap but nothing yet, given Brady's age I'm disinclined to move Luck or Carr without getting a legit WR1 back...I think the rest of my roster can probably support a mediocre WR group for a bit if need be.

Good thoughts on Hyde-Joe Williams.

TKO - not a typo, one RB spot (plus a flex)

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first thoughts would be, why 3 top 10-15 QB's?

I had taken Luck as my QB1 in the original draft last year, the other two just fell to spots in the draft where I couldn't ignore the value.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input. I've been on the hunt for a QB-WR swap but nothing yet, given Brady's age I'm disinclined to move Luck or Carr without getting a legit WR1 back...I think the rest of my roster can probably support a mediocre WR group for a bit if need be.

Good thoughts on Hyde-Joe Williams.

TKO - not a typo, one RB spot (plus a flex)
Well given Brady's age, your not likely to get a WR1 for him. Given Lucks penchant for getting hurt, you don't want to trade Carr, so your best option, tho get what you want, is to deal Luck

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the only firm offer I've received was quite underwhelming (Bortles, D. Booker, and C. Samuel for Carr). I've put offers out of Luck straight up for Hilton and Luck and Blount for Michael Thomas and Garoppolo but no response yet.

I also offered Hyde to the Joe Williams owner for Allen Robinson. No response on that yet, either, but thanks again for that idea.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the only firm offer I've received was quite underwhelming (Bortles, D. Booker, and C. Samuel for Carr). I've put offers out of Luck straight up for Hilton and Luck and Blount for Michael Thomas and Garoppolo but no response yet.

I also offered Hyde to the Joe Williams owner for Allen Robinson. No response on that yet, either, but thanks again for that idea.
12 man league, so until injuries happen, doubt anyone wants to trade a WR1 for a QB. Everyone has at least one decent QB on his rosters, some have a second they are willing to get by with in a pinch. Even with injuries some would rather take their lumps short term then give up a WR1 for a QB.:nod:

How's it going Underdog?:dhd:

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL dammit you've discovered my secret identity! And here I thought I was avoiding the l4sn folks...glad I didn't say anything real negative about that trade offer!

Yeah, I know there's not much chance of any of them going anywhere, but never hurts to try.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like that Hyde for Arob deal, fair offer imho. Hope he takes it.

As for those QB's, the crappiest part, for now, is the limbo the Luck is in, maybe opening up on the PUP. Hard to trade a guy that might miss the first half of the season, no matter who he is. But, if all things were equal, i'd say shooting for Michael Thomas is a pipe dream. Outside of Beckham and Brown, there may not be a WR out there more difficult to acquire this year. I wouldn't laugh at a Luck/Blount offer, but i couldn't hit decline fast enough either. I would expect you could realistically target guys like Dez, maybe AJ Green, Jordy Nelson (guys who are still WR1's, but closer to the end than the start), TY, DeAndre Hopkins, Baldwin.. those types might be a bit more attainable

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for those QB's, the crappiest part, for now, is the limbo the Luck is in, maybe opening up on the PUP. Hard to trade a guy that might miss the first half of the season, no matter who he is. But, if all things were equal, i'd say shooting for Michael Thomas is a pipe dream. Outside of Beckham and Brown, there may not be a WR out there more difficult to acquire this year. I wouldn't laugh at a Luck/Blount offer, but i couldn't hit decline fast enough either. I would expect you could realistically target guys like Dez, maybe AJ Green, Jordy Nelson (guys who are still WR1's, but closer to the end than the start), TY, DeAndre Hopkins, Baldwin.. those types might be a bit more attainable

It's his best hope, but remember this league only starts one RB, and oddly enough most teams are loaded up with RBs rather then WRs even though this league starts 2 WRs. In the rookie draft pretty much every RB with a hope was drafted, while WRs not so much. Kupp for example wasn't drafted. This league might surpass the MBBRL for their love of RBs.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's his best hope, but remember this league only starts one RB, and oddly enough most teams are loaded up with RBs rather then WRs even though this league starts 2 WRs. In the rookie draft pretty much every RB with a hope was drafted, while WRs not so much. Kupp for example wasn't drafted. This league might surpass the MBBRL for their love of RBs.
That's crazy with only one required to start. EHB would love this league

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB - Brady, Luck, Carr

Here are the must keeps. I count 15:

Brady, Luck, Carr
Bell, Henry, Hyde, Connor, Blount, Williams
Crabtree, Maclin, Gabriel, Jones
Gronk, Bennett

I agree that you definitely should trade a QB for a WR. No reason to have 3. Brady or Luck is the one to deal. I would try to get a top 15 WR for Luck, top 25 for Brady. Might not work, but that is what I would shoot for.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add Kupp right now too. He would be my 16th. He has more upside than the other WRs you have lists. Report came out today that he is number 1 on the Rams WR depth chart and he is extremely polished for a rookie. He won't ever likely be a stud, but he could be a WR3 type for a long time.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You predicted this pretty spot on. The ARob deal was accepted and the Thomas deal was rejected with an acknowledgement it was a decent offer. If nothing else it establishes dialogue for later. I probably won't get full value for Luck til he's healthy agree with you there too.