• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Help!!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I have a question for all you dynasty football team owners.

I am in a dynasty keeper league- 10 teams, 14 keepers each team.

We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 RB/WR/TE flex, 1 DL, 2 LB, 1 DB, and K

I have the 1st and 8th pick in the 1st round, but no 2nd round pick due to trades ( obviously ).

My keepers are:

QB- Hurts and Lance
RB- Harris, Edmonds, M. Carter, CEH, Singletary, Stevenson
WR- Chase, Mooney, Waddle
RB/WR- Patterson ( I can flex him in at RB or WR )

I’ve been leaning toward taking Hall at #1 since I have Carter, but haven’t been impressed with his preseason stats.

Do I go Hall regardless, or is their another rookie RB that anyone feels is worthy of the #1 pick?

Also, do I go RB at #8 ( maybe Pacheco or James Cook since I have CEH and Singletary ), or take a rookie WR?

Thoughts?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't sweat pre-season stats. Sometimes the coaches aren't looking for big plays, they're testing things. I'd worry a little about the Jets offense as a whole this year, though.

Myself, I like Kenneth Walker better, but Hall's ADP is much higher.

You're weaker at RB than WR, so I'd definitely take another RB at 8.

@HaroldSeattle - maybe move this to the FF forum so it gets some more attention?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Wil.
I personally think Walker's situation is a real good one. Run-first coach and it looks like all the other RB have been tested, and were just meh... or hurt. (Of course, Walker is hurt too.)
I would avoid handcuffs. Your post seemed to lean in acquiring all Jets RB or all Bills RB. Sure you may get a starting RB out of it, but you'll also be clogging up roster spots. And there's no garantee any will be anything more than a RBBC at this point.
:2cents:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer WRs for my flex in half ppr or full ppr formats over the RBs, so I'd go Hall at #1 then best player available at #8, which will most likely be a WR

Only having to start 1 RB and 3 WR also makes me lean towards WR at 8 after getting Hall

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR format determines a lot here - if you could potentially roll out 5 WRs in your starting lineup, huge advantage
if it is standard though, keeping a healthy stable of RBs on hand makes more sense to fill those flex spots

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer WRs for my flex in half ppr or full ppr formats over the RBs, so I'd go Hall at #1 then best player available at #8, which will most likely be a WR

Only having to start 1 RB and 3 WR also makes me lean towards WR at 8 after getting Hall
Agree with this. Hall at #1 and then BPA at #8. Wouldn't be opposed to RB or WR in that slot

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To piggyback on Monkey's point, @ANGELAKERAMS - you have six meh RBs and are strong but thin at WR. I'd trade half those for WRs if you can, and/or pair one with one of your QBs to get a better QB, that kind of thing. I'd still take two RBs in this draft because you need one absolute stud RB to compete here IMO. (I'd hold on to Stevenson, who at least has a chance to be a FF stud.)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 RB/WR/TE flex, 1 DL, 2 LB, 1 DB, and K

I have the 1st and 8th pick in the 1st round, but no 2nd round pick due to trades ( obviously ).

My keepers are:

QB- Hurts and Lance

I’ve been leaning toward taking Hall at #1 since I have Carter, but haven’t been impressed with his preseason stats.

Do I go Hall regardless, or is their another rookie RB that anyone feels is worthy of the #1 pick?

Also, do I go RB at #8 ( maybe Pacheco or James Cook since I have CEH and Singletary ), or take a rookie WR?

Thoughts?

id say yes... you should still go hall... you will either be right or wrong... no matter who you pick... why gamble more than you have to?? and with Carter if you are wrong, you will at least still have a Starting back...

if you want to hit a home run it would be either Spiller or Cook... as they have legitimate chances to be League winners... But if you are afraid of the jets, then why would you feel comfortable with the seahawks or texans??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My keepers are:

QB- Hurts and Lance

Thoughts?

which Harris?? big difference between Najee and Damean

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I would take Hall. I personally have him chalked up as a poser in the same vein as CEH, would not be surprised in the least if Carter maintains lead back duties and Hall washes out after his rookie contract.

I would take Walker, without even thinking twice at #1. at #8 I would definitely agree with Monkey's advice on BPA, most likely being a WR. Don't stretch for a guy like Pacheco. If Brian Robinson is there, maybe, but otherwise, go with whatever WR is available that you also feel comfortable with.

Hall is %100 off my draft lists, dynasty/keeper/redraft, wouldn't touch him with someone else's ten foot pole.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input guys.

I forgot to mention this is half PPR league.

And Harris is not Najee, it’s Damien. Traded my 2nd rounder for him hoping after this season he goes elsewhere. In the meantime, I have both NE RB’s for the season.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I would take Hall. I personally have him chalked up as a poser in the same vein as CEH, would not be surprised in the least if Carter maintains lead back duties and Hall washes out after his rookie contract.

I would take Walker, without even thinking twice at #1. at #8 I would definitely agree with Monkey's advice on BPA, most likely being a WR. Don't stretch for a guy like Pacheco. If Brian Robinson is there, maybe, but otherwise, go with whatever WR is available that you also feel comfortable with.

Hall is %100 off my draft lists, dynasty/keeper/redraft, wouldn't touch him with someone else's ten foot pole.
Just in case anyone is wondering if I'm overreacting to preseason stats/usage, taking Walker at 1.1 is exactly what I did in the only dynasty where I had the 1.1, and I did it back in May, based solely off Hall's college film and landing spot in NYJ, vs Walker's and his landing in SEA.

Preseason has only solidified that decision in my mind

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input guys.

I forgot to mention this is half PPR league.

And Harris is not Najee, it’s Damien. Traded my 2nd rounder for him hoping after this season he goes elsewhere. In the meantime, I have both NE RB’s for the season.

that is a huge ouch!!! if it was Najee you would be in much better shape... now i dont think i can even recommend BPA at pick 8, i think you have to go RB still...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very scared that i agree with Treff.

i honestly dont get it... Walker is hurt right now... not that that matters much.. but still...

both jets and Seahawks have bad offenses... but at least the jets have a chance to have a decent QB.... and there offensive line is better than Seattle...

and even if you think Carter is the RB 1 right now, so is Penny... so wouldnt you say the jets are in a better position to handle the rookie RB...

If you were not high on hall coming out of the draft thats one thing... but i wouldnt ignore the best talent, when the alternative is not in a much better situation...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly dont get it... Walker is hurt right now... not that that matters much.. but still...

both jets and Seahawks have bad offenses... but at least the jets have a chance to have a decent QB.... and there offensive line is better than Seattle...

and even if you think Carter is the RB 1 right now, so is Penny... so wouldnt you say the jets are in a better position to handle the rookie RB...

If you were not high on hall coming out of the draft thats one thing... but i wouldnt ignore the best talent, when the alternative is not in a much better situation...
Well,imho, he isnt the best talent..not even close.
The Jets have toiled in mediocrity, or worse, for seemingly decades, with brief flashes of relevancy, so as far as both offenses being bad, I trust Pete Carrol to right that ship much quicker than anyone wearing Jets green.
And the Seahawks will run run run, and Penny is only signed for 1 year, and has a very lengthy injury history, with only a 5 game set vs 4 horrid defense at the end of last year being his claim to the gig. Not exactly a brick wall to bust through

At this point there is one, and only one reason you consider Hall at 1.1...he was the first RB off the board during the NFL draft. That ain't good enough for me

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,imho, he isnt the best talent..not even close.
The Jets have toiled in mediocrity, or worse, for seemingly decades, with brief flashes of relevancy, so as far as both offenses being bad, I trust Pete Carrol to right that ship much quicker than anyone wearing Jets green.
And the Seahawks will run run run, and Penny is only signed for 1 year, and has a very lengthy injury history, with only a 5 game set vs 4 horrid defense at the end of last year being his claim to the gig. Not exactly a brick wall to bust through

At this point there is one, and only one reason you consider Hall at 1.1...he was the first RB off the board during the NFL draft. That ain't good enough for me

see thats ok if you dont like him for other reasons... we all have opinions about players based on things whether valid or not...

I just dont understand for those who believed Hall was the better prospect, why anything would change now.... i just dont see seattle being a significantly better scenario than the jets... In fact i think Jets are in a better position to carry a better RB than Seattle is...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Walker may be the better back long term, but it could take 2 years before we see it. That is my concern.

He may not do much this season with his own injury and Penny in front of him.

Next season, they are still in rebuild mode, but have assets to rebuild quickly.

Still think it may be 2024 before he reaches his full potential.

Hall is on a team that has been historically bad for a while, but their rebuild is further along at this point than the Hawks who are just starting their rebuild. His OL is better than Seattle’s ( which has been bad for years now ).

I guess short term ( ie next 2 seasons ), Hall may be the better option. But I fully expect Walker to be better after that.

Thus the conundrum.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Walker may be the better back long term, but it could take 2 years before we see it. That is my concern.

He may not do much this season with his own injury and Penny in front of him.

Next season, they are still in rebuild mode, but have assets to rebuild quickly.

Still think it may be 2024 before he reaches his full potential.

Hall is on a team that has been historically bad for a while, but their rebuild is further along at this point than the Hawks who are just starting their rebuild. His OL is better than Seattle’s ( which has been bad for years now ).

I guess short term ( ie next 2 seasons ), Hall may be the better option. But I fully expect Walker to be better after that.

Thus the conundrum.

do you have a reason?? if so maybe Walker is the one you should go with... your backs are not good enough for you to truly compete anyway...