• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Help!!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Walker's situation is a real good one. Run-first coach and it looks like all the other RB have been tested, and were just meh... or hurt. (Of course, Walker is hurt too.)
I would avoid handcuffs. Your post seemed to lean in acquiring all Jets RB or all Bills RB. Sure you may get a starting RB out of it, but you'll also be clogging up roster spots. And there's no garantee any will be anything more than a RBBC at this point.
:2cents:
After catching up on some of the posts, I just want to expand on my thoughts on Walker vs Hall.

There are a lot of moving parts with both the Seahawks and Jets.
Both have new QB.
Both have had trouble running the ball (compared to the other 30 NFL teams).
Jets were dead last (380 att) and the Seahawks were 27th (413 att).
If anything, the Seahawks at least have a better set of WR to stretch the field.
(Even both defenses were ranked in the bottom 3 in yards allowed.)

I guess what I am pointing out is that with so much riding against each team, which team do you see turning the corner faster?
For me, it's Seattle.
In the last decade, the Jets have had 1 season above .500.
Meanwhile, Seattle has had 9.

I follow a losing team.
Losing brings turmoil.
Unless you have a Walter Payton or Matt Forte stud, losing generally means shuffling the deck.
Sometimes, week to week.

Even you mentioned that you have more confidence (or something to that effect) in Seattle's coaching stability.
Others have pointed out you need to think about the future and not necessarily this season.
Seems like Walker is your guy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer WRs for my flex in half ppr or full ppr formats over the RBs, so I'd go Hall at #1 then best player available at #8, which will most likely be a WR

Only having to start 1 RB and 3 WR also makes me lean towards WR at 8 after getting Hall
This

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man.

Don’t say 1.8 is more valuable.

It isn’t.

It is more tradeable because it is cheaper and therefor more attainable.

People generally want a kings ransom for 1.1, and rightly so.

Problem is this years’ 1.1 is less valuable than normal because there isn’t a clear cut answer for who should go, and there are question marks surrounding the top RBs in the class.

I think you missed my point. And sure maybe more valuable was not the correct words. But like you even said it is more tradeable.

But 1.1 everyone knows basically what they want already. So you are either interested or not in it.

But once the draft starts people start seeing who they want and get worried that they won’t get them. And will be willing to over spend. 1.1 has the same value today that it will right before the draft.

I could easily see him getting a 2023 1st and a 2022 2nd.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After catching up on some of the posts, I just want to expand on my thoughts on Walker vs Hall.

There are a lot of moving parts with both the Seahawks and Jets.
Both have new QB.
Both have had trouble running the ball (compared to the other 30 NFL teams).
Jets were dead last (380 att) and the Seahawks were 27th (413 att).
If anything, the Seahawks at least have a better set of WR to stretch the field.
(Even both defenses were ranked in the bottom 3 in yards allowed.)

I guess what I am pointing out is that with so much riding against each team, which team do you see turning the corner faster?
For me, it's Seattle.
In the last decade, the Jets have had 1 season above .500.
Meanwhile, Seattle has had 9.

I follow a losing team.
Losing brings turmoil.
Unless you have a Walter Payton or Matt Forte stud, losing generally means shuffling the deck.
Sometimes, week to week.

Even you mentioned that you have more confidence (or something to that effect) in Seattle's coaching stability.
Others have pointed out you need to think about the future and not necessarily this season.
Seems like Walker is your guy.

As a jets fan. I do find it interesting how there is this much shade thrown at them. New coaching staff, a 2nd year qb that was seen at one point as a top prospect. And more Wr depth than most teams.

That is not a terrible formula. But because it’s the jets we are just assuming failure. I mean that’s what we jet fans do too. But on paper isn’t there enough to be optimistic about??

If this was any other team in this exact situation, I think you would be hearing that this offense is a popular sleeper offense.

Also why I don’t mind a carter hall tandem. It takes away pressure from Wilson and protects the team from any rb injury.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a jets fan. I do find it interesting how there is this much shade thrown at them. New coaching staff, a 2nd year qb that was seen at one point as a top prospect. And more Wr depth than most teams.

That is not a terrible formula. But because it’s the jets we are just assuming failure. I mean that’s what we jet fans do too. But on paper isn’t there enough to be optimistic about??

If this was any other team in this exact situation, I think you would be hearing that this offense is a popular sleeper offense.

Also why I don’t mind a carter hall tandem. It takes away pressure from Wilson and protects the team from any rb injury.
Well, I wasn't trying to trash the J-E-T-S.
Like I said, as a Bears fan, I understand how it sounds.
Sadly, though, trends are usually a byproduct of either coaching or personnel or both.
As a fan, yes, I hope for the best for my team.
But as a fantasy owner, I tend to be cautiously more realistic.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Jets coaching staff liked to run the ball as much as Carroll does, I would agree with you.

But even though Wilson was a rookie last season, they still didn’t run as much as Seattle did with a vet QB.

Plus, Carroll likes having a bell cow RB that he leans on, whereas the Jets are likely to be RBBC.

That’s where the debate comes in as far as who will be the better dynasty player.

If this were a redraft league where only the rookies were drafted, it would be Hall without question.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Walker v Breece, just watch their highlights. I see a solid effective player in Hall, but I see an electric player in Walker.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you trade the pick?

In a league that only starts 1 RB, I wouldn’t get caught up in depth. At RB anyway.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you trade the pick?

In a league that only starts 1 RB, I wouldn’t get caught up in depth. At RB anyway.
I tried trading the pick. Had no takers.

Also, this league doesn’t trade picks during the draft either.

And no one has traded a future 1st either. It is an option, but requires both teams pay $10 each to do so.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried trading the pick. Had no takers.

Also, this league doesn’t trade picks during the draft either.

And no one has traded a future 1st either. It is an option, but requires both teams pay $10 each to do so.
interesting...wonder why the effort to dissuade trading of #1's? I get upping the ante for the pot at the end, but, certainly makes things less interesting unless you are REALLY wanting that deal

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting...wonder why the effort to dissuade trading of #1's? I get upping the ante for the pot at the end, but, certainly makes things less interesting unless you are REALLY wanting that deal
The reason is so if someone traded away their future 1st rounder, and then after the season decided to not return, the team would be less enticing for someone else to pay to take over the team not having a 1st rounder.

Therefore, the $20 would go to that new team owner so they are less invested in taking over the team that doesn’t have a 1st round pick.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason is so if someone traded away their future 1st rounder, and then after the season decided to not return, the team would be less enticing for someone else to pay to take over the team not having a 1st rounder.

Therefore, the $20 would go to that new team owner so they are less invested in taking over the team that doesn’t have a 1st round pick.
Well that makes total sense, not a bad idea

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is that for all trades or just that?? i have been in leagues that demand you to pay for next season before you make a trade... and its for that reason...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is that for all trades or just that?? i have been in leagues that demand you to pay for next season before you make a trade... and its for that reason...
Just for the future 1st trades.

Not for all trades

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let us know how it plays out.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where does the $20 go if nobody leaves the league?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does the $20 go if nobody leaves the league?
Back into cash prize for the league

Right now, winner gets $200, 2nd gets $100, 3rd gets $25 and most points scored for season gets $75