• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Help!!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you have a reason?? if so maybe Walker is the one you should go with... your backs are not good enough for you to truly compete anyway...
I trust Carroll and the Seattle FO more.

I think both backs are pretty similar in talent honestly.

Just think it will take a couple of seasons for Seattle to rebuild the OL and get a QB, where the Jets already have the OL ( although maybe not their QB ).

I understand my RB’s aren’t strong, but I still want to compete the next 2 years instead of punting for 2 seasons.

This is a money league after all. Not an expensive one ( $50 ), but still want to justify spending the $50 every year by trying to be competitive if you know what I mean.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would look long term. You don't have a top-5 FF QB, RB, or TE, and your only true stud at WR is Chase (Waddle and Mooney are fine, but they're projected to fall outside the top 20, which is probably about right).

What's the scoring?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would look long term. You don't have a top-5 FF QB, RB, or TE, and your only true stud at WR is Chase (Waddle and Mooney are fine, but they're projected to fall outside the top 20, which is probably about right).

What's the scoring?

and this is a 10 team league... you know that there is at least one team that is totally stacked... there is one team totally stacked almost in every dynasty... but a 10 team... yea, this team has no chance...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see thats ok if you dont like him for other reasons... we all have opinions about players based on things whether valid or not...

I just dont understand for those who believed Hall was the better prospect, why anything would change now.... i just dont see seattle being a significantly better scenario than the jets... In fact i think Jets are in a better position to carry a better RB than Seattle is...
IF you did think that, yes, I would agree, there zero reason to change that opinion.

I would just wonder what someone could've been looking at to get that impression

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF you did think that, yes, I would agree, there zero reason to change that opinion.

I would just wonder what someone could've been looking at to get that impression

not sure what you are getting at here... it was pretty well accepted that Hall was the better prospect... thats why he was drafted earlier... and that is why he was expected to be drafted earlier by almost every expert... Can they all be wrong?? of course... but lets not pretend that Walker was seen to be better than Hall... at least not by the consensus...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what you are getting at here... it was pretty well accepted that Hall was the better prospect... thats why he was drafted earlier... and that is why he was expected to be drafted earlier by almost every expert... Can they all be wrong?? of course... but lets not pretend that Walker was seen to be better than Hall... at least not by the consensus...
there's no pretending. The consensus, had them as 1A and 1B, more often than not Hall was given the 1A, usually specifically because he was a more proven asset in the passing game. I don't think you'd find many reliable sources that confidently placed Hall securely as the top of the class by himself.
As far being the first back taken? All that says is that the Jets front office thought he was the top talent for their system. And we've already touched on just how much trust the Jets front office has with pretty much everyone in talent evaluation.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no pretending. The consensus, had them as 1A and 1B, more often than not Hall was given the 1A, usually specifically because he was a more proven asset in the passing game. I don't think you'd find many reliable sources that confidently placed Hall securely as the top of the class by himself.
As far being the first back taken? All that says is that the Jets front office thought he was the top talent for their system. And we've already touched on just how much trust the Jets front office has with pretty much everyone in talent evaluation.

I don’t follow college football. Nor read too much pre draft stuff. I know you do. So I’ll take you at your word. But everything I saw predraft, the consensus was hall. Almost every mock draft I saw had hall first.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t follow college football. Nor read too much pre draft stuff. I know you do. So I’ll take you at your word. But everything I saw predraft, the consensus was hall. Almost every mock draft I saw had hall first.
well that is true, and I laughed every time I saw it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that is true, and I laughed every time I saw it.

which is back to my original point. Nothing has changed to change your original thoughts. So if you thought hall was better then he should be the better gamble. If you like walker better same thing. Right now I am on the hall camp. But I ain’t going to try to convince anyone to change opinions.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Walker may be the better back long term, but it could take 2 years before we see it. That is my concern.

He may not do much this season with his own injury and Penny in front of him.

Next season, they are still in rebuild mode, but have assets to rebuild quickly.

Still think it may be 2024 before he reaches his full potential.

Hall is on a team that has been historically bad for a while, but their rebuild is further along at this point than the Hawks who are just starting their rebuild. His OL is better than Seattle’s ( which has been bad for years now ).

I guess short term ( ie next 2 seasons ), Hall may be the better option. But I fully expect Walker to be better after that.

Thus the conundrum.

My take in looking at your roster is that you need to be looking to draft the player you believe in for the long term.

I just don’t think you have enough to contend in a 10 team league. So my advice would be to not worry too much about the short term. Draft the guy you think can help you win in 2024.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can you trade back and collect some additional assets?
I tried.

I offered up my #1 and had no takers.

The feeling is there isn’t a must have player in this draft as there usually is. Last year was Harris, Pitts and Chase, year before was the slew of RB’s.

There just isn’t that this year. The guys you may have been high on prior to the draft mostly went to not ideal teams ( Hall to the Jets, London to Atlanta, Burks to Tenn., etc ).

I did make other trades to try and improve my team for this season and beyond, which is how I ended up with 2 1sts.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for scoring: 6 pts per TD, .5 per reception, .2 per carry, .1 per yard

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did have CMac, but another team offered me Chase and C. Davis plus their 1.8 for CMac, Sermon and my 3.1

Trade ultimately ended up being CMac and my 3.1 for Chase and 1.8 as we both dropped the other players to get to our 14 keepers.

It will hurt this year not having CMac ( if he stays healthy ), but obviously am better off with Chase long term.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried.

I offered up my #1 and had no takers.

The feeling is there isn’t a must have player in this draft as there usually is. Last year was Harris, Pitts and Chase, year before was the slew of RB’s.

There just isn’t that this year. The guys you may have been high on prior to the draft mostly went to not ideal teams ( Hall to the Jets, London to Atlanta, Burks to Tenn., etc ).

I did make other trades to try and improve my team for this season and beyond, which is how I ended up with 2 1sts.

Not surprising. But I will tell you this. The 1.1 is the hardest to trade. Because you either want it or not. But as the draft goes on people are going to start wanting players. Which will make the 1.8 much more valuable. I can guarantee you can at least get a 2023 first for it. And I would bet even more. If you wait until around your turn at 1.8.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been in 2 .5 ppr dynasty rookie drafts thought you might like to see how the picks went:

1661382046335.png

1661382114785.png

I like Dameon Pierce if he's available with your 1.08 but he may be gone by then. Another RB on a bad team but like his college tape above the other RBs in the draft.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising. But I will tell you this. The 1.1 is the hardest to trade. Because you either want it or not. But as the draft goes on people are going to start wanting players. Which will make the 1.8 much more valuable. I can guarantee you can at least get a 2023 first for it. And I would bet even more. If you wait until around your turn at 1.8.

Cmon man.

Don’t say 1.8 is more valuable.

It isn’t.

It is more tradeable because it is cheaper and therefor more attainable.

People generally want a kings ransom for 1.1, and rightly so.

Problem is this years’ 1.1 is less valuable than normal because there isn’t a clear cut answer for who should go, and there are question marks surrounding the top RBs in the class.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did have CMac, but another team offered me Chase and C. Davis plus their 1.8 for CMac, Sermon and my 3.1

Trade ultimately ended up being CMac and my 3.1 for Chase and 1.8 as we both dropped the other players to get to our 14 keepers.

It will hurt this year not having CMac ( if he stays healthy ), but obviously am better off with Chase long term.
That's a good trade for you.