• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Help!!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much thinking I have to go WR at 1.8 since I don’t have a 2nd round pick.

I’m assuming London and Burks will be gone, so who would you guys pick between Pickens, Olave, Wilson or Williams ( who is out till November )?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much thinking I have to go WR at 1.8 since I don’t have a 2nd round pick.

I’m assuming London and Burks will be gone, so who would you guys pick between Pickens, Olave, Wilson or Williams ( who is out till November )?
Long term I think Williams is easily the best WR coming out of this class. He's the only WR in this class I would've been excited to draft. That being said, Pickens has certainly perked my ears up lately. Olave and Wilson, both being out of Ohio state, and impossible to tell if they did well because the other was on the other side and they're both nothing more than B side type WR's in the NFL, or if one was truly better than the other, and the reason the other did well was only because of the guy on the other side, or if they're both studs..I'd rather not play that game and avoid it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah hard one to call between those WRs. Williams tape was noticeably better then the rest, but injured and I worry about his rather thin frame holding up in the NFL, what effects from the injury, also this is likely Goff last year with the Lions, so one more thing to worry about. Wilson QB situation is deflating. Olave with Winston...for now. Pickens has Steelers fans excited so I'd go back and look at his game tape more. Bottom line is this been a bad year for FF rookie drafts. Guess with Williams being risky and the rest not having tape that stands out, I think I'd go Pickens because of the team that drafted him. Or I may take the risk and draft Williams for his ceiling.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to go Williams for the long term higher ceiling and not worried about what they can give you during year 1.

As someone else mentioned, you need to build your team to win in '24. In a 10 team league, at least 2 of the other 9 teams have to have juggernauts, if not 3 or 4 pending asset distribution

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is the draft only rookies?
With only 140 keepers, 1.8 might mean grabbing a non rookie.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the draft only rookies?
With only 140 keepers, 1.8 might mean grabbing a non rookie.
No, it’s rookies and whatever players are FA.

But the best non rookie available at WR is Amari Cooper. The best non rookie RB is Jamaal Williams and D’Onta Foreman.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it’s rookies and whatever players are FA.

But the best non rookie available at WR is Amari Cooper. The best non rookie RB is Jamaal Williams and D’Onta Foreman.

Cooper is leaps and bounds ahead of any rookie WR. IMO
Just turned 28 so it’s not like he’s done.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade this year's 1.8 for Cooper in a heartbeat, especially if I wasn't banking on winning this year, but looking for the quickest possible turnaround. He should pretty damn good with Watson next year

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade this year's 1.8 for Cooper in a heartbeat, especially if I wasn't banking on winning this year, but looking for the quickest possible turnaround. He should pretty damn good with Watson next year
Except, if I’m banking on Cooper for next season because Watson barely plays this season, it can be argued the rookie WR’s now have a year under their belt and are much better for next season as well.

I think Cooper may still be available later the way this league drafts players. Nobody is going to be high on Cooper without Watson.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except, if I’m banking on Cooper for next season because Watson barely plays this season, it can be argued the rookie WR’s now have a year under their belt and are much better for next season as well.

I think Cooper may still be available later the way this league drafts players. Nobody is going to be high on Cooper without Watson.
True..however, your Stull banking in that, at best, 50/50 shot that they're not the next Kevin White or N'Keal Harry.

Cooper is a sure thing

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Cooper will be better this year and next than any rookie.
Still, I’d make sure to trek through the FA list. You need a TE too.

But maybe someone like Josh Palmer is available?

Just saying this draft class is underwhelming all around so make sure to not overlook better possibilities.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Cooper doesn’t fit his timeline.

Cooper is on the downside of his career.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on who is there.

I would do that if my team was ready to contend.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Cooper doesn’t fit his timeline.

Cooper is on the downside of his career.

I don’t believe ten team leagues have timelines.

One good trade and your in business

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definite truth there. You never know who might step up and have a great season that you weren't banking on, couple good roster moves, maybe a little misfortune on the part of the 'stacked' team(s), you find yourself in the title hunt.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definite truth there. You never know who might step up and have a great season that you weren't banking on, couple good roster moves, maybe a little misfortune on the part of the 'stacked' team(s), you find yourself in the title hunt.

For instance: Edmonds + Mooney + 2023 1st probably gets an RB1.
Sub Cooper in for Mooney and he’s in the playoffs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK 10 team leagues usual you see studs sprinkled about in every roster and he is still looking for his first stud IMO.