• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something positive out of last night's loss..............

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After showing the wild card race -- even if the Lions were to win out and finish 9-7, Seattle would only have to go 3-2 in their next 5, as they own the tie breaker with us.

So maybe the loss is a blessing, in that we will get a higher draft pick.

I'm trying to find something, because they REALLLLLLY sucked to watch. It is almost as if the NFL has a running joke to see how many different ways they can screw the Lions. Calvin's TD catch. Schwartz's red flag rule. The PI flag that disappeared after being announced. The face mask that wasn't.

It is never ending. That being said -- what in the world kind of defense was Detroit playing?!?! GB is streaking players to the end zone and we have 3 or 4 guys chillin' in the middle of the field doing nothing. And why would Calvin Johnson be in the game?

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to rant about the refs bad call ''facemask'' but that would be to no avail. I'm a die hard Lions fan but after last night I don't know if I want to see them on tv again this season. The final play was almost as bad as watching Michigan lose the way they did to MSU

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will allow the young players to concentrate on development instead of worrying about winning. J Jones and NGata can sit the rest of the way as far as I am concerned. Same for CJ on offense. Let Jones and Fuller play.

Also, is it safe to say that Reiff is not a LT. Yet another strip sack that leads to a game changing play. Not even smart enough to know he was beat and just pull the guy down and take the penalty. Got to be aware of the situation. I do not want to pay him. Move him to RT and be done with it. Waddle has degenerated into uselessness.

Martha Vader better have her light saber out at the end of the year. Lots of slashing to do.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, is it safe to say that Reiff is not a LT. Yet another strip sack that leads to a game changing play. Not even smart enough to know he was beat and just pull the guy down and take the penalty. Got to be aware of the situation. I do not want to pay him. Move him to RT and be done with it. Waddle has degenerated into uselessness.

good points.
I'm going to take it one step further and question if he should even be at RT. I felt that way when he come out of college and instantly thought he had Peterman's job.. in the bag... He's a damn OG, imo.

I've come around to admit my wrong on Waddle too.. glad he's a FA.. bye-bye

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good points.
I'm going to take it one step further and question if he should even be at RT. I felt that way when he come out of college and instantly thought he had Peterman's job.. in the bag... He's a damn OG, imo.

I've come around to admit my wrong on Waddle too.. glad he's a FA.. bye-bye

I thought so too, but I think they tried that his first year or 2. Also, we already have Warford and Tomlinson. One of them would probably have to go if we move Reiff there.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought so too, but I think they tried that his first year or 2

I made a post about yesterday in college kids to kick tires on that spoke about Reiff being tried out at OG.

I was referring to when Reiff was drafted in 2012 and still having Backus, Gosder and Peterman. Reiff should've been plugged in at RG. Maybe he couldn't transition then either. IDK

I'm mostly saying he isn't LT OR RT material anymore. there, I said it. I was on the train of moving him to RT last year. I'm a huge believer in that whether you're at LT OR RT you still need extremely quick feet for either. DLmen are so much faster, quicker, explosive, quick-twitch athletes that will convert power to speed that you need to have very quick feet in order for the rest of your body and mechanics/technique to follow along. but that's just me. I never played O-Line in my life. I'm sticking to it that belief no matter what. If you want just an average RT who'll still get burned on that side then Reiff is the guy.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, we already have Warford and Tomlinson. One of them would probably have to go if we move Reiff there.

I'd keep both of them over Reiff.... 110 out 100 times

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a post about yesterday in college kids to kick tires on that spoke about Reiff being tried out at OG.

I was referring to when Reiff was drafted in 2012 and still having Backus, Gosder and Peterman. Reiff should've been plugged in at RG. Maybe he couldn't transition then either. IDK

I'm mostly saying he isn't LT OR RT material anymore. there, I said it. I was on the train of moving him to RT last year. I'm a huge believer in that whether you're at LT OR RT you still need extremely quick feet for either. DLmen are so much faster, quicker, explosive, quick-twitch athletes that will convert power to speed that you need to have very quick feet in order for the rest of your body and mechanics/technique to follow along. but that's just me. I never played O-Line in my life. I'm sticking to it that belief no matter what. If you want just an average RT who'll still get burned on that side then Reiff is the guy.

I hear ya, but he is good enough for that side because he is solid and can run block. If he does get burned at least it wont end up as a strip sack on that side. He is also much better than what we have.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is also much better than what we have.

IDK. I was extremely impressed by Ola last night but that's only 1 game I've seen from (still he was going up against Peppers a lot).

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does get burned at least it wont end up as a strip sack on that side

I don't want to see him get burned but it's going to happen to him or someone else at some point in time.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, but he is good enough for that side because he is solid and can run block

No disrespect Old Lion. whether it's you or any other poster but I cannot for the life of me get past the old theory that the slower, lesser physical measurable OT plays RT. If he has slow feet he's going to struggle against the likes of a Von Miller or Peppers or Matthews or Kuechly or Bosa.

Reiff is not going to be worth 8M next year or any year after that. I do understand your point he may be the best we've got.

Man, I'm getting crotchety.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, but he is good enough for that side because he is solid and can run block

still gotta pass-pro from that side too. yes, he is very astute at run blocking. I have no questions regarding that. He couldn't clear space for Bell's lateral run to the edge, early on in first series to the left side last night. every Ol has a miss.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reiff is not going to be worth 8M next year or any year after that. I do understand your point he may be the best we've got.

I got a feeling that Reiff is going to be our Jeff Backus for the next ten years. Not good, but just slightly good enough to try and target other positions in the 1st round of the draft.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a feeling that Reiff is going to be our Jeff Backus for the next ten years. Not good, but just slightly good enough to try and target other positions in the 1st round of the draft.

I dont know. 2 years in a row with season ending strip sacks. Hopefully, the new GM is paying attention

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a strip sack in the 3rd qtr was season ending. Being little dramatic don't you think.

A little bit sure. The loss was season ending though. The strip sack in the red zone completely changed the game. Without it we win easy.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little bit sure. The loss was season ending though. The strip sack in the red zone completely changed the game. Without it we win easy.

Sure, but with CJ not being overthrown twice and a coaching staff with their collective heads firmly up their asses. Maybe the defense make a stand on that turnover to force a FG.

No problem hating the guy. His overall play this season says he's not the future LT. To put one strip sack from this clusterfuck of a season as the killer is a bit much for me. I'm feeling you really felt they had a chance at the playoffs?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but with CJ not being overthrown twice and a coaching staff with their collective heads firmly up their asses. Maybe the defense make a stand on that turnover to force a FG.

No problem hating the guy. His overall play this season says he's not the future LT. To put one strip sack from this clusterfuck of a season as the killer is a bit much for me. I'm feeling you really felt they had a chance at the playoffs?

Only mathematically. I really did not personally. Many people did feel that way so I think that was the consensus.