• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he could have been one of the best ever if it wasnt for the injuries. I know we love Larry Allen and Big Nate , but give me a healthy big E any day.

Also fun to watch our old team.
One of my favorite players . Easily would have been HOF if that car crash does not happen. This was post car crash

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been thinking perhaps Dallas can't keep Vaughn and Turpin.
Other than injury, I see no way Duece isn't active week one. His value is 3rd back and returning kicks. It will be interesting to see how they might try to keep both Vaughn and Turpin on this team.
I don't remember seeing a RB like Vaughn on this team. He probably can't block anybody, but neither could Barry Sanders. this Vaughn kid is something else. I watched Vaughn's 33 minute highlight reel last night on YouTube. I hope he gets lots of snaps. That FB kuepke is another one I want on the 53. He is a weapon as well. Can't believe he was not drafted

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than injury, I see no way Duece isn't active week one. His value is 3rd back and returning kicks. It will be interesting to see how they might try to keep both Vaughn and Turpin on this team.
So far Turpin is a return guy only, if he can't give the team snaps, and Vaughn can along with being the return guy, I can see the team saying byebye to Turpin.

If the team is going to replace Turpin I hope they find a trade partner. Reason #1 keep him out of Philly, reason #2 get something in return.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Turpin has another off season under his belt. Maybe he progresses into the WR depth chart & we say goodbye to one of the low end WRs on the depth chart.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Turpin is a return guy only, if he can't give the team snaps, and Vaughn can along with being the return guy, I can see the team saying byebye to Turpin.

If the team is going to replace Turpin I hope they find a trade partner. Reason #1 keep him out of Philly, reason #2 get something in return.
The way I see it. Last OC couldn't figured out how to use Turpin as a weapon. Sweeps of some sort was his only play. Both guys get the ball in space and watch out cause speed kills.
I was excited about Turpin for that reason. Vaughn will be the same. He just has something special athletically but if we don't use it, does us no good.

4 wides with them two in slot positions would be hard to cover.

Either way someone better be a good tackler on special teams

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turpin does nothing other than return kicks and punts but I think he is even better at those two things than we saw last year. I think he is one of the best return guys in the NFL and was surprised he didn't break a couple for TDs. But, if he was unable to carve out a role in our offense with our poor options at WR behind CeeDee last year he sure as heck won't be doing so this year. When you look at Deuce you just know he has the skill set to be an NFL return man but he never returned punts and only returned kicks a few times so there is nothing to say definitively he will do it. If Deuce shows he can be an electric return man there is no need to use a roster spot on Turpin. But, seeing how good Turpin can be as a returner and how Deuce has no experience doing so, I think the both may be on the roster this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember seeing a RB like Vaughn on this team. He probably can't block anybody, but neither could Barry Sanders. this Vaughn kid is something else. I watched Vaughn's 33 minute highlight reel last night on YouTube. I hope he gets lots of snaps. That FB kuepke is another one I want on the 53. He is a weapon as well. Can't believe he was not drafted
It's crazy but I feel like there is a chance we filled out our RB depth chart behind Pollard with a 6th rounder (and our 2nd 6th rounder at that) and a UDFA. I wouldn't have been shocked to see Deuce go in the 3rd nor to have seen Luepke drafted in let's say the 6th. We might get productive snaps out of a ton of draft picks this year. I still think the 4th rounder may end up our best value pick.

I also think we may redo our backup OL based on this offseason. That isn't saying I think we brought in a bunch of future starters, just that I think our depth was so weak (book still out on Waletzko but worry about his strength) that these guys may be the backups and we clean house with the old group and Edoga for sure is a big improvement. I also expect us to sign another OL between now and week 1 for extra depth.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy but I feel like there is a chance we filled out our RB depth chart behind Pollard with a 6th rounder (and our 2nd 6th rounder at that) and a UDFA. I wouldn't have been shocked to see Deuce go in the 3rd nor to have seen Luepke drafted in let's say the 6th. We might get productive snaps out of a ton of draft picks this year. I still think the 4th rounder may end up our best value pick.

I also think we may redo our backup OL based on this offseason. That isn't saying I think we brought in a bunch of future starters, just that I think our depth was so weak (book still out on Waletzko but worry about his strength) that these guys may be the backups and we clean house with the old group and Edoga for sure is a big improvement. I also expect us to sign another OL between now and week 1 for extra depth.
I think the undrafted kid Luepke will be the short yardage hammer that Zeke was for us last season as well

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bostick out of Kansas OT and Darden out of west Florida WR might be gems in the UDFA class we shall see

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the undrafted kid Luepke will be the short yardage hammer that Zeke was for us last season as well
I am excited to see Luepke and Vaughn in pre season. Luepke looks like a versatile guy that could fill in as a RB/FB/H back? He is extremely good as a reciever and this guy is looking to deliver a blow in short yardage situations . Then Vaughn is just going to be a guy that will be a thorn in the side of defenses. He rarely ever takes a direct hit and makes people miss. His play speed is special.

So guys like Davis,Jones and Dowdle have a battle to make the roster. They may be forced to only keep 4 or 5 recievers on the 53. Tolbert is on the bubble as I could see that Cropper making the team

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it. Last OC couldn't figured out how to use Turpin as a weapon. Sweeps of some sort was his only play. Both guys get the ball in space and watch out cause speed kills.
I was excited about Turpin for that reason. Vaughn will be the same. He just has something special athletically but if we don't use it, does us no good.

4 wides with them two in slot positions would be hard to cover.

Either way someone better be a good tackler on special teams
Probably the best thing that could have happened was Moore moving on. It was all about stats for him. He had no clue how to close out games . Teams knew what was coming. Now we go to a more short yardage attack with emphasis on RAC. With an occasional bomb down the field to Cooks or Gallup. The pieces are in place for a very good season

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1683853251335.png

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only 5 of the 17 games are against teams with a losing record from last year:

Jets: 7-10. Biggest issue was QB and added Rodgers
Cardinals: should struggle again
Patriots: 8-9
Rams: should struggle again
carolina: should struggle again

so 3 games that I would categorize as on the easier side And of those 3 games the rams won the SB two years ago and AZ won 11 games. Tough schedule.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal schedule. I looked at the Eagles schedule and it is really tough as well. Gonna be a fun year. Lots of big games