• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no idea why Jerry isn't paying Cee Dee Lamb.
He'll get paid. I had predicted he would be the 1st paid.
Dak will be the 2nd paid (if Dak wants to stay)
Micah will be last.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah will be last.
CeeDee will definteiy be first and I'm going to guess Micah is second. I think Micah will be paid sometime between after CeeDee is paid (which clears up cap space to pay him) and the end of the regular season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah will be last.
I hadn't seen this. It's mind boggling to me that they might sign Dak at this point. He has done nothing between March and now to change what he is. If you know you want him now, you knew you wanted him then,

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had missed that Jerry bought more of Comstock.As of March with a market cap of $2.25B Jerry's share was $1.5B, so with today's value of $3B it's worth about $2B. However, that is still half of what it was worth in 2022. Best I can tell he has invested at least $1.2B so he is still doing pretty well there. The point being it's never about the cash when it comes to contracts and always about the cap.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not enough, but getting there. Looks like it may be another year before he gets up to the weight that he should be playing at (at least from my perspective).

I have high hopes for Rogers, but between the two of them and Carl Davis, I'm just not sure we have enough for this season as they are all still developing. I suspect (and hope) a fat boy will be ordered up sometime between now and September 8th.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't seen this. It's mind boggling to me that they might sign Dak at this point. He has done nothing between March and now to change what he is. If you know you want him now, you knew you wanted him then,

Not saying this is what is going on, but just some hopeful thinking after reading this.

If you read between the tea leaves & some sprinkle some optimism into the concoction.
Dak keeps saying its not about the money, yet he is gonna get a massive contract (from someone)
CeeDee is gonna get paid.
What if Dak isnt trying to be the next highest paid player to sign. (gonna be a lot, yes) but instead of maxing out his deal wanted to be reassured they keep certain players to benefit himself. Like his star WR. Could make sense while they are negotiating both deals at the same time, instead of one before the other. If they think Dak could get 60, but settle for 55 or 52 or whatever as long as that extra money was used on (fill in the blank)
Other teams has made these claims & after signing their guy to less, just did whatever they wanted with the savings. This could be a Dak failsafe to delay his signing until they get it all sorted out. Just some food for thought.

Micah I dont see getting signed this year no matter what. IMHO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying this is what is going on, but just some hopeful thinking after reading this.

If you read between the tea leaves & some sprinkle some optimism into the concoction.
Dak keeps saying its not about the money, yet he is gonna get a massive contract (from someone)
CeeDee is gonna get paid.
What if Dak isnt trying to be the next highest paid player to sign. (gonna be a lot, yes) but instead of maxing out his deal wanted to be reassured they keep certain players to benefit himself. Like his star WR. Could make sense while they are negotiating both deals at the same time, instead of one before the other. If they think Dak could get 60, but settle for 55 or 52 or whatever as long as that extra money was used on (fill in the blank)
Other teams has made these claims & after signing their guy to less, just did whatever they wanted with the savings. This could be a Dak failsafe to delay his signing until they get it all sorted out. Just some food for thought.

Micah I dont see getting signed this year no matter what. IMHO.
Dak can't get 60. The sweet spot is 52-55 so taking less is in the 40's. Anything else is maxing out. Guaranteed or mostly guaranteed is what matters and with the desire to shrink his cap hit in the first couple of years, his practical guarantees will exceed his actual guarantees because they'll backload it to where they can't get out until possibly the last year if at all, just like this time.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak can't get 60. The sweet spot is 52-55 so taking less is in the 40's. Anything else is maxing out. Guaranteed or mostly guaranteed is what matters and with the desire to shrink his cap hit in the first couple of years, his practical guarantees will exceed his actual guarantees because they'll backload it to where they can't get out until possibly the last year if at all, just like this time.
yeah. Use whatever #'s my point is the idea. What do you think?
Getting the Cowboys to spend money where he wants before committing.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has the same agent he had the first time around. There are 3 QB's in the league right now making $55M/year. There is a 0.00% chance Dak takes less than $55M per. That's the minimum for him and if he signed for that at this point, I would be shocked. I think it would take $56M. But if for whatever reason he makes it through this season without a deal and hits unrestricted free agency, it'll cost Dallas $60M per to keep him and not a penny less

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. Use whatever #'s my point is the idea. What do you think?
Getting the Cowboys to spend money where he wants before committing.
Not how I think he is thinking. If he got the contract he wanted he would have signed it IMO. I don't think he pays any attention to what is left for others. We will see when the numbers come out I guess

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not how I think he is thinking. If he got the contract he wanted he would have signed it IMO. I don't think he pays any attention to what is left for others. We will see when the numbers come out I guess
I agree. Dan cares about maxing out his dollars and then hoping the team can keep talent around him.
It's still 100% on Jerry to me. He is hiding behind the cap. They know perfectly well how to convert salary to signing bonus to clear as much cap space as they could possibly need. Just takes cash and the Cowboys make more money than any team in football. Jerry and Stephen have no interest on doing that anymore. Profit before wins these days at the Star

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yannick Ngakoue is still a free agent. You want to show fans you are interested in winning Jerry? Here's your chance to do something...anything...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yannick Ngakoue is still a free agent. You want to show fans you are interested in winning Jerry? Here's your chance to do something...anything...
I was about to post about him as well. Zim was quoted as saying Williams would have played 75= of the snaps. After losing Williams, Dorance and Fowler, after DLaw and Micah, who was slated to play more LB, the rest of the DE Corp os Marshawn Kneeland, Viliami Fehoko, Durrell Johnson and Tyrus Wheat. Scary. We all hope Kneeland is a stud, just like Guyton and Beebe on the OL, just like the unknowns we have at RB, 3rd WR, NT...Im sure we will hit on some but we won't hit on them all

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about to post about him as well. Zim was quoted as saying Williams would have played 75= of the snaps. After losing Williams, Dorance and Fowler, after DLaw and Micah, who was slated to play more LB, the rest of the DE Corp os Marshawn Kneeland, Viliami Fehoko, Durrell Johnson and Tyrus Wheat. Scary. We all hope Kneeland is a stud, just like Guyton and Beebe on the OL, just like the unknowns we have at RB, 3rd WR, NT...Im sure we will hit on some but we won't hit on them all
I think Chauncey Golston is back at DE also, he is way too light to be at DT. I'd be shocked if he played DT on run downs this year. But, still not a lot there. When Micah is at LBer the pass rush is really really lacking and one could say borderline non-existent.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chauncey Golston is back at DE also, he is way too light to be at DT. I'd be shocked if he played DT on run downs this year. But, still not a lot there. When Micah is at LBer the pass rush is really really lacking and one could say borderline non-existent.
When you consider how much faith we are putting that Mazi will suddenly bust out and that rookies and journeyman can back him up, it gets scary. Outside of Micah, we have no one in the front 7 that requires more than single blocking for the most part. My one hope is that Overshown can be the Star I believe he will be. But if we have the normal amount of injuries most teams suffer, we could be in a lot of trouble by mid season. Jerry needs to pay Lamb and get him into camo yesterday

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man could we use her at RB

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl Lawson out there at DE too. Time to bring in a vet Jerry. Two would be better

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl Lawson out there at DE too. Time to bring in a vet Jerry. Two would be better
They got to do something for sure. We don't even know if Kneeland is ready because he is a rookie. They need to move now