• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

at least some have had enough

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make no mistake that this trade deadline highlighted why we haven’t won a SB in a long time. 2 teams in the NFC with more talent than us coming into the deadline and both added a big piece and got better. We did nothing. The gap just grew and our chances to come out of the conference shrunk. Trade deadline moves get a player for the most important part of the season but only cost you have the salary. :mad2:
I am on the fence on this. I get trying to improve your team, but at what cost?? I don't want to trade high picks for a one year rental. They use to panic in the past and do dumb franchise future killing mid-season trades. Consequently, by not making any moves or being agressive early, they seem to not want to be seen as panicking by not making a big splash. Yes, it may come back to bite us, but I understand staying pat if what you want was to expensive.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got Dak in the 1st round. Romo undrafted. If they told McClay that he could pick a QB anywhere in the draft that their ranking warranted, I feel 1000% positive he would pick someone who could play

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the fence on this. I get trying to improve your team, but at what cost?? I don't want to trade high picks for a one year rental. They use to panic in the past and do dumb franchise future killing mid-season trades. Consequently, by not making any moves or being agressive early, they seem to not want to be seen as panicking by not making a big splash. Yes, it may come back to bite us, but I understand staying pat if what you want was to expensive.
The Bears were asking too much for that corner. Cowboys just need to beat the Eagles now. A loss in Philly would not be good. Cowboys look like a playoff team at this point regardless the outcome Sunday

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we did acquire some first round talents according to the experts - Chad Hutchison and Drew Henson. Of course they both went the baseball route and we got them for cheap.

First rounders that we acquired through FA or trade - Leaf , Testeverde , Bledsoe , Kozar , Trey Lance. Those are just off the top of my head.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now I'm pissed

Dak has underpreformed.
Yeah auto correct lol. 4th round. More to the point. Give McClay a 1st or a 2nd to use on a QB and I am confident he could sign a great guy to groom. Draft a QB in round 1 next year and he belongs to the club 5 years plus 2 franchise tags. By the time you had to use a tag on the kid Dak would be 36. Either way you can't lose. Dak wins 3 Super Bowls by then, you have a great trade chip. If he regresses, you have an option. If he gets hurt, you have an option. If you draft another Micah, Diggs and Lamb and have to pay them all, you have a cheaper option. Its smart business