• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A franchise QB to me is one you have that you can win a Superbowl with and has years of success starting for your team. Dak has done that. We can win a Superbowl with Dak. I still believe that. You aint winning one with Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield etc...If there is a better option out there that can win us a Superbowl, sign me up. You seem to think it is easy to get a better QB then Dak. It is not that easy. We will see next year what the organization will do. I have no faith in them getting the next Troy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a decent QB. A franchise QB.
That's the tough part of course, but that decent QB allows you to pay 2 All Pros at another position and be in about the same position cap wise as the franchise QB. So that franchise QB better be a lot better not just better every other week

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade deadline only a few days away (10/31). I think and hope we are going to make a "splash" move
Why?
you hearing rumors of some kind? Or just a gut feeling?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?
Mostly gut based on how we operated differently this past offseason with trades and I think Jerry has run out of patience and is no longer listening to Stephen telling him we can’t afford people. There are a lot of players expected to be available that could help us.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the tough part of course, but that decent QB allows you to pay 2 All Pros at another position and be in about the same position cap wise as the franchise QB. So that franchise QB better be a lot better not just better every other week
I was answering another poster who's version of decent is Sam Darnold. A franchise QB is one who can win you one and is starter for the team for many years. Decent is not going to do that IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was answering another poster who's version of decent is Sam Darnold. A franchise QB is one who can win you one and is starter for the team for many years. Decent is not going to do that IMO.
I'm just not sure Dak is that or at least not enough more of that than your Darnold or Garoppolo types

It's funny how QBs are seen each year. You can have a guy like Stafford who after their SB win was ranked in the top 5 and then coming into this year probably wasn't in most people's top 15 but now is creeping back up. Similar with Matt Ryan when he was top 5 at worst after his big year and a couple years before and after was nowhere near that. IMO there are about 5 great QBs who are worth whatever it takes to resign them and most of the others just aren't consistent enough. I would expect by the time Dak's deal is up there will be at least one $60M per year QB. If he signs next year it's costing us $55M per. The year after? Who the heck knows. But, at the same time, you can't win with a shitty QB which is why teams are so afraid to let the pretty good ones go and start over.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is 100% my point

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold is a ridiculous answer to decent. Darnold is a backup. Take the 32 QB's that started the season as QB1. Decent would be a top 20 guy on that list. As well as this club drafts, do you think they couldn't find a top 20 guy? They found Dak im the 4th and Romo was undrafted.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not sure Dak is that or at least not enough more of that than your Darnold or Garoppolo types

It's funny how QBs are seen each year. You can have a guy like Stafford who after their SB win was ranked in the top 5 and then coming into this year probably wasn't in most people's top 15 but now is creeping back up. Similar with Matt Ryan when he was top 5 at worst after his big year and a couple years before and after was nowhere near that. IMO there are about 5 great QBs who are worth whatever it takes to resign them and most of the others just aren't consistent enough. I would expect by the time Dak's deal is up there will be at least one $60M per year QB. If he signs next year it's costing us $55M per. The year after? Who the heck knows. But, at the same time, you can't win with a shitty QB which is why teams are so afraid to let the pretty good ones go and start over.
I think it's cause and effect though. The Rams went all in on FA's, surrounded Stafford with talent, he did great and they won a SB. Then they stripped the team, and he was back to so so Stafford. Now they hit on Puka across from Kupp, and he is doing better.
I think it is simple on Dak. He could have won a SB, but his window was before he got the big pay day. Now, he could still win one, but it will take Jerry breaking form and trading for a couple of impact players. This club, without Diggs, is a piece or two short

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?
also keep reading things like this. Probably nothing more than rumors but who knows

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold is a ridiculous answer to decent. Darnold is a backup. Take the 32 QB's that started the season as QB1. Decent would be a top 20 guy on that list. As well as this club drafts, do you think they couldn't find a top 20 guy? They found Dak im the 4th and Romo was undrafted.
In 28 years. How many (DECENT) QB's has Dallas had???

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all these years and the best GM's remain here on the hoop.

to me....it' remains more the culture than the QB or coach,
Entitlement reeks throughout this organization.
Tip of the cap to Ole Jerry

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo and Dak. Vinny Testicle was washed by the time he got to Dallas and so was Bledsoe . Kitna was a backup. The QBs between Aikman and Romo sucked pretty much. You find the franchise QBs in the first round. I get the arguments to sign or not sign Dak. Dak is a good QB, but not great

Dak likely resigns because this is how the Jones do things

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo and Dak. Vinny Testicle was washed by the time he got to Dallas and so was Bledsoe . Kitna was a backup. The QBs between Aikman and Romo sucked pretty much. You find the franchise QBs in the first round. I get the arguments to sign or not sign Dak. Dak is a good QB, but not great

Dak likely resigns because this is how the Jones do things
Exactly, it is not easy to find the next one with this organization. Dak is good not great. I don't have the answer. They just better have a good plan to upgrade from Dak.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all these years and the best GM's remain here on the hoop.

to me....it' remains more the culture than the QB or coach,
Entitlement reeks throughout this organization.
Tip of the cap to Ole Jerry
I agree. That Entitlement mentality is the house that Jerry built.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have one question for coach Mac...I thought the whole reason we got rid of Moore was that he wanted to "run the damn football" more. Last 3 weeks, Tony Pollard has 34 carries...total. 11 carries a game isn't exactly getting a great return on a franchise salary either

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 28 years, how many have they spent a 1st or 2nd round pick on???
Like I said, it is an organizational problem. I would not have mind over the past 28 years to take a #1 on a QB. A second round possibly as well.