• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder how many teams will start taking the Rams approach now. I mean do they even have a draft pick this year. They knew it was their window and went all in. It seems to be paying off. So much has to go right though with injuries and such.
if you are gonna go that route. The key is to have good coaching to pull that off.
While I like this approach & shows the organization as confident, our team would fail at this approach.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good, Dez is commenting again... :L

The idea of Dez criticizing someone's ability to read a defense is just too much

I read his tweets. Apparently him and DaKs brother have been into it. I think Dez was really misunderstood. Just my opinion. Tad , Daks bro, just sticking up for his brother.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good, Dez is commenting again... :L

The idea of Dez criticizing someone's ability to read a defense is just too much

I read his tweets. Apparently him and DaKs brother have been into it. I think Dez was really misunderstood. Just my opinion. Tad , Daks bro, just sticking up for his brother.
Dez appears to be sonewhat accurate.. if you got two recievers like Coop and Lamb you target them. Pollard rots on the bench.. this game pisst me the ef off

I blame the OC and HC and owner for this loss. Just cut ties with Mccarthy and make Quinn HC and DC. Let Moore be HC somewhere.l else. The coaching staff as it is constructed reached its ceiling.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-- New Orleans Saints owner Gayle Benson acknowledged Monday that coach Sean Payton's status remains uncertain for the 2022 season when she told local reporters, "I don't think any of us know, but he'll let us know soon enough."

NFL Network reported Sunday that Payton had not yet committed to returning to coaching the Saints in 2022. Sources confirmed to ESPN that he has made no definitive declaration -- though he was expected to return to work this week along with the rest of the Saints' coaching staff after a vacation last week.

Payton, 58, is under contract through 2024, which means a trade would have to be worked out for him to coach another team. However multiple outlets, including ESPN, have reported that television networks have shown considerable interest in Payton if he decides to retire from coaching.

SO... here's the question. Would you trade a 1st round pick, perhaps another pick like a 3rd as well for Sean Payton rooming the Cowboy sideline in 2022?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-- New Orleans Saints owner Gayle Benson acknowledged Monday that coach Sean Payton's status remains uncertain for the 2022 season when she told local reporters, "I don't think any of us know, but he'll let us know soon enough."

NFL Network reported Sunday that Payton had not yet committed to returning to coaching the Saints in 2022. Sources confirmed to ESPN that he has made no definitive declaration -- though he was expected to return to work this week along with the rest of the Saints' coaching staff after a vacation last week.

Payton, 58, is under contract through 2024, which means a trade would have to be worked out for him to coach another team. However multiple outlets, including ESPN, have reported that television networks have shown considerable interest in Payton if he decides to retire from coaching.

SO... here's the question. Would you trade a 1st round pick, perhaps another pick like a 3rd as well for Sean Payton rooming the Cowboy sideline in 2022?
Would I? Probably not.

Would Jerry & Stephen? Probably.

Would Payton? I guess that depends on what his goals are. Because if he’s looking at what Romo makes right now…

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would I? Probably not.

Would Jerry & Stephen? Probably.

Would Payton? I guess that depends on what his goals are. Because if he’s looking at what Romo makes right now…

Sean would be the last to know but does his personality scream of Romo type success in a booth? Is his ego more formed from his days walking around Parcells? I don't know, but I'm at the point where I'm not sure Dallas playoff success and championships henge on who is the head coach. Not in Dallas anyways. I think since Jimmy took stage left, this has always been about Jerry's brand moreso than the Cowboy brand.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean would be the last to know but does his personality scream of Romo type success in a booth? Is his ego more formed from his days walking around Parcells? I don't know, but I'm at the point where I'm not sure Dallas playoff success and championships henge on who is the head coach. Not in Dallas anyways. I think since Jimmy took stage left, this has always been about Jerry's brand moreso than the Cowboy brand.
The times I’ve seen Payton on broadcasts (after playoff elimination of course) he’s struck me as someone would be a very solid analyst. More along the level of Troy. And as I remember Tuna’s time as an analyst, he was pretty good and at times sardonically funny. Don’t know if a network would offer him Romo money ($18M) but stupid money is always flying around the networks.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a great question. That is really tough. I don't know what I would do. However, I would feel a hell of alot better with him on the sidelines.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of cap gurus here that can comment on realistic options on who we can cut?
We could save $16 million by cutting Cooper. I think he will be gone. I think Gallup, Wilson and Schultz could be priced put as FA's. I think there is a good chance that we go with Lamb as the #1, Jarwin as the TE and spend our available funds building the defense around Micah, bringing back Gregory, Kearse and possibly even LVE. Our QB makes $40 million per year, he should be able to put points on the board without an all pro at every position. Use the draft to build back the Oline and beef up the D and try winning that way

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great question. That is really tough. I don't know what I would do. However, I would feel a hell of alot better with him on the sidelines.
I'm not sure. The question was posted on local sports talk radio yesterday.
Three things pop to my mind:
1. Sean loves Dak and might be a perfect fit for Dak at this point in his career.
2. Not sure Lombardi would make a difference with Jerry & Stephen. Parcells was getting there, and Jerry had to position himself front & center.
3. Hate giving up real good draft picks when this team only shops for low term bargains with free agents

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were willing to use a 1st round pick on a coach. This would be the year to do it.
I dont know much about the college players, but I often hear this years draft isnt the strongest.
Couple that with we are drafting in the dead zone of the 1st round, which means we would probably screw up our 1st round pick.
I wouldnt freak out if I heard we gave up a 1st for Payton this year.
Part of our problem losing to the good teams is getting out coached.
If we want to get to a championship game. Coaching has to improve.
So yeah. I would be ok with our 1st round pick drafting Sean Payton (atleast a 5 year contract like any 1st rounder)

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were willing to use a 1st round pick on a coach. This would be the year to do it.
I dont know much about the college players, but I often hear this years draft isnt the strongest.
Couple that with we are drafting in the dead zone of the 1st round, which means we would probably screw up our 1st round pick.
So yeah. I would be ok with our 1st round pick drafting Sean Payton (atleast a 5 year contract like any 1st rounder)
I agree. I also think Payton would be able to make quick adjustments if he were calling plays. Payton likely wants to take a year off to collect his thoughts so i doubt anything happens this off season. I would trade a 1st round pick,but only if it is a later 1st round pick.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could save $16 million by cutting Cooper. I think he will be gone. I think Gallup, Wilson and Schultz could be priced put as FA's. I think there is a good chance that we go with Lamb as the #1, Jarwin as the TE and spend our available funds building the defense around Micah, bringing back Gregory, Kearse and possibly even LVE. Our QB makes $40 million per year, he should be able to put points on the board without an all pro at every position. Use the draft to build back the Oline and beef up the D and try winning that way
I like Schultz but he will cost too much. I like the idea of building around Micah and upgrading LG in 1st round and then drafting line backer ,safety and DT. We got some nice pieces in Diggs and Joseph on defense. I would sign gregory and maybe LVE using the cap savings if they unload Coop. Having Coop,Lamb and Gallup on the field at the same time was not the answer.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance I would give up a 1st round pick for Payton. Even for those that would, If you want him that badly why not just wait a year

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wouldn't be surprised if Payton takes at the 2022 season off and then looks to return in 2023

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance I would give up a 1st round pick for Payton. Even for those that would, If you want him that badly why not just wait a year
because he will still be under contract to the Saints thru the 2024 season. i think he takes a year off, but if he did decide to return for 2023 season another team would have to make a deal with the Saints which would be draft choices

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because he will still be under contract to the Saints thru the 2024 season. i think he takes a year off, but if he did decide to return for 2023 season another team would have to make a deal with the Saints which would be draft choices
My bad, I forgot it wasn't up next year, but if he is still out of football it certainly won't cost a 1st next year. I guess for me, I don't understand why some think he would come in and wave a magic wand and make our flaws go away. Giving up a 1st for a coach who walked away from his team? I get the premise if he was still actively coaching that you need to compensate the team for losing him, but NO is getting nothing from him, so I can't imagine a 1st round pick would be the asking price this year and certainly not next year. Either way no chance I'm giving up a1st for him.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, I forgot it wasn't up next year, but if he is still out of football it certainly won't cost a 1st next year. I guess for me, I don't understand why some think he would come in and wave a magic wand and make our flaws go away. Giving up a 1st for a coach who walked away from his team? I get the premise if he was still actively coaching that you need to compensate the team for losing him, but NO is getting nothing from him, so I can't imagine a 1st round pick would be the asking price this year and certainly not next year. Either way no chance I'm giving up a1st for him.
i don't see him as a savior but maybe he's the one who finally gets JJ to see the light. i think the Saints might get a 3rd or 4th round pick after next season

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't see him as a savior but maybe he's the one who finally gets JJ to see the light. i think the Saints might get a 3rd or 4th round pick after next season
Now you are talking about a territory I'd consider. I'm not even giving up a second.