• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, I forgot it wasn't up next year, but if he is still out of football it certainly won't cost a 1st next year. I guess for me, I don't understand why some think he would come in and wave a magic wand and make our flaws go away. Giving up a 1st for a coach who walked away from his team? I get the premise if he was still actively coaching that you need to compensate the team for losing him, but NO is getting nothing from him, so I can't imagine a 1st round pick would be the asking price this year and certainly not next year. Either way no chance I'm giving up a1st for him.
The asking price would likely be lower if Payton were to sit out this season. I would give them a 2nd or 1st rounder but it depends on what the picks are. If the Cowboys crater in 2022 then i certainly would not trade a top 10 pick. But i do want Payton as HC. Not going to lie. Payton knows how to call plays and is very good at it. Payton would fix issues that previous coaches could not. Paytons body of work is excellent. The fact that his team almost made the playoffs this with garbage QBs is telling. Even last season Brees got hurt for an extended time and they kept winning.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't see him as a savior but maybe he's the one who finally gets JJ to see the light. i think the Saints might get a 3rd or 4th round pick after next season
IDK about Jerry seeing the light. Maybe he drinks himself into a coma or something like that and cant function at his current capacity would be ideal.

I just have been a Cowboys fan long enough to know Jerry is livid. And when that happens the hot seat for the HC is literally on fire. Mccarthy likely gets one more chance,but if the Cowboys stumble or get off to a bad start Jerry will make a coaching change during the season

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton sits a year; McCarthy has a HUGE Gorilla on his back all season. Produce or get replaced.

I like it.
Word is he’s in the running to replace Aikman in the booth next season. If that’s true, he’s not coming back to coaching no time soon.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is he’s in the running to replace Aikman in the booth next season. If that’s true, he’s not coming back to coaching no time soon.
It really depends on compensation. Gruden,Parcells are two examples of coaches that came back.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an ass clown

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an ass clown

always the guy getting cut talking out his ass. LOL
Quick someone go get him his badge of courage or some shit!

So Dak. What was it like passing to Dez at the end of his career?

Image result for badge of dumbass gifs

Last edited:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we don't fall on our faces again after a good season. 2015, 2017, 2019, all flops after it seemed like we had something and could build momentum.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we don't fall on our faces again after a good season. 2015, 2017, 2019, all flops after it seemed like we had something and could build momentum.
Well if that hapoens there will be a new HC in 2023. I think Quinn was retained for a reason

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every off season i just seem to lock in on two or three prospects that could be available when we pick. Linderbaum i dont think is going play up to the hype. I think he will be a solid center,but i see he has problems with power. That is a big red flag to me.
The guy i want is Kenyon Green. He does not have a problem blocking big guys. Green would bring some nasty to the middle of the OL. Green reminds me of Larry Allen a little. Green mauls people. He engulfs and destroys linebackers and he moves bigger guys and shuts them down. I would trade a late round pick and try to trade up a few spots for Green if he gets close to our pick I see him as a future All-pro at LG.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another guy I am very interested in is Devonte Wyatt. Was reading about how his role as a pass rusher in that defense was very structured because of how much they blitz and all of their other players, so he wasn't able to just try and beat his man a lot of the time. A lot of talk that by draft day he could move way up and challenge Davis for best DT in the draft. More of a 3 tech than Davis. Love both guys. If we go defense there are 4 guys on the Georgia defense alone that I'd love in the first round.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another guy I am very interested in is Devonte Wyatt. Was reading about how his role as a pass rusher in that defense was very structured because of how much they blitz and all of their other players, so he wasn't able to just try and beat his man a lot of the time. A lot of talk that by draft day he could move way up and challenge Davis for best DT in the draft. More of a 3 tech than Davis. Love both guys. If we go defense there are 4 guys on the Georgia defense alone that I'd love in the first round.
Nakobe is another one on that defense i like. He makes plays all over the field. I was very disappointed when Cox got hurt. I can see the Cowboys adding a playmaking LB to pair with Cox and moving Parsons to edge if they have problems signing Gregory. Nakobe could be a top 20 pick though. I really think Cox was about to be given a bigger role and it did not happen due to the injury. I guess BPA comes into play as well.. somebody good could drop. I think the value in this draft is IOL. This draft is loaded with high quality offensive lineman and i want one in the 1st two rounds. Maybe one of the better OT drops. Or one of the DT drops. I trust Mcclay to draft well again

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree...we need a piece here or there on offense but I'd like to see another heavy defensive draft. We need to draft a LB, but I'm fairly certain we have our guy too match with Parsons in Jabril Cox. I also think some like Goldston, OSA and Joseph will continue to grow into solid pros for this team. Safety or two plus another fat guy with football attitude are needed.
A fat guy earlier or at least better researched than Bohana for me

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fat guy earlier or at least better researched than Bohana for me
I admit I was extremely pumped for the Bohanna pick. I was also very confused when he lost all of that weight. I get it that being in shape for the combine is big when they are timing and measuring everything and that an overweight guy isn't much help to an NFL team, but he lost a lot of weight. I didn't see the same "immovable force" that I expected. Methinks he needs to put another 10lbs on for next year if he is going to be the run stuffer I thought we drafted. Unless we get a guy we love in the draft, we perhaps should be signing one of the many NTs that is available every year and not a guy that's 305 like Watkins. I mean a good ol' 330 or so pounder to clog things up