• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry will open that wallet. He sees what we see. A defense that is put in position to make plays. Total opposite of last season. That defense was put in position to suck.
I still dont think Brown can be trusted though. Looks good at times and then you get a dud like the Raiders game. They better get Joseph ready just in case.

I really do think this Parsons should be DPOY. Nobody in the league is doing what he is doing. Covering tight ends and wideouts and then terrorizing qbs.
It was a very easy game for a CB to play in, but even still, I thought Joseph looked pretty good last week. Hopefully he grows into the player we all hope.

While great for the team, I think Tank coming back ruined Parsons chance for DPOY. He just won't get the stats that the National media focuses on. We need him to be a little more of a traditional LB than he was during that stretch when he started to gain momentum because none of our other LB are any good against the run. I do think he still puts up a couple more sacks this year. If he got to 100 tackles I think it would have helped him also, but because he is being moved around and also getting so much attention his tackle #'s won't hit that. I don't see him winning it with 15 sacks and 90 tackles. But, I don't think there was a better player in the NFL this year.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a very easy game for a CB to play in, but even still, I thought Joseph looked pretty good last week. Hopefully he grows into the player we all hope.

While great for the team, I think Tank coming back ruined Parsons chance for DPOY. He just won't get the stats that the National media focuses on. We need him to be a little more of a traditional LB than he was during that stretch when he started to gain momentum because none of our other LB are any good against the run. I do think he still puts up a couple more sacks this year. If he got to 100 tackles I think it would have helped him also, but because he is being moved around and also getting so much attention his tackle #'s won't hit that. I don't see him winning it with 15 sacks and 90 tackles. But, I don't think there was a better player in
I think Parsons is making those around him better. Teams are trying to focus on stopping Parsons. They are not getting the job done

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While great for the team, I think Tank coming back ruined Parsons chance for DPOY. He just won't get the stats that the National media focuses on. We need him to be a little more of a traditional LB than he was during that stretch when he started to gain momentum because none of our other LB are any good against the run. I do think he still puts up a couple more sacks this year. If he got to 100 tackles I think it would have helped him also, but because he is being moved around and also getting so much attention his tackle #'s won't hit that. I don't see him winning it with 15 sacks and 90 tackles. But, I don't think there was a better player in the NFL this year.
I feel better about Joseph. Was beginning to wonder. Potential lockdown type corner. Has instincts and that 4.34 speed. Joseph also looked good in run support.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miscellaneous thought for a miscellaneous thread with due respect to Fordman and other Aggies BUT...

Enough about A&M and the ‘12th Man’​

I don’t ever want to hear about Texas A&M’s “12th Man” again after the Aggies pulled out of the Gator Bowl because “we just don’t have enough scholarship players available to field a team,” according to head coach Jimbo Fisher. (Dec. 23, 1B, “Texas A&M pulls out of Gator Bowl due to COVID-19”)
If the reason for pulling out of the game was a concern for the welfare and safety of the players, then OK. But to say the reason is a lack of “scholarship players” relegates the “12th Man” to meaningless status and ignores the institution’s football history, dating to Jan. 1, 1922, when a student left the stands to suit up for an injury-depleted Aggies team.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miscellaneous thought for a miscellaneous thread with due respect to Fordman and other Aggies BUT...

Enough about A&M and the ‘12th Man’​

I don’t ever want to hear about Texas A&M’s “12th Man” again after the Aggies pulled out of the Gator Bowl because “we just don’t have enough scholarship players available to field a team,” according to head coach Jimbo Fisher. (Dec. 23, 1B, “Texas A&M pulls out of Gator Bowl due to COVID-19”)
If the reason for pulling out of the game was a concern for the welfare and safety of the players, then OK. But to say the reason is a lack of “scholarship players” relegates the “12th Man” to meaningless status and ignores the institution’s football history, dating to Jan. 1, 1922, when a student left the stands to suit up for an injury-depleted Aggies team.
That will absolutely trigger some self serving Aggie but I couldn’t agree more…

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will absolutely trigger some self serving Aggie but I couldn’t agree more…
All my life born & raised Texan it has ALWAYS been about the traditions at Texas A&M.
What a missed opportunity.

Truth be told, there are some prices being paid for having the number one recruiting class in the nation with a large amount lining up for the transfer portal. No way in hell Jimbo was going to that bowl game playing 20/25 scholarship players and a bunch of walk-ons. Fuck traditions or the golden PR opportunities. Winning Image trumps all now in Aggieland.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Reeves spoke at our Senior Breakfast in 1974. You could have heard a pin drop. He held the room with no problem and his “speech” on accountability still resonates. I remember that every bit as vividly as his pass to Rentzel in the ‘67 NFL Championship game.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Reeves spoke at our Senior Breakfast in 1974. You could have heard a pin drop. He held the room with no problem and his “speech” on accountability still resonates. I remember that every bit as vividly as his pass to Rentzel in the ‘67 NFL Championship game.

Sad. This man and Landry forever linked.

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just listened to Shan & RJ podcast and damn did I find a gem. I feel so bad I was late on them.