• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL So who wins the B1G in 2018?

Who wins the B1G in 2018?

• Illinois

• Indiana

• Iowa

• Maryland

• michigan

• Michigan State

• Minnesota

• Nebraska

• Northwestern

• Ohio State

• Penn State

• Purdue

• Rutgers

• Wisconsin

Results are only viewable after voting.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't the backup before the season started retard. He was the starter essentially when the Cotton Bowl ended last year. This has been his team since then. I said back in January he was the best QB in the conference and I was right.
Based on your opinion, sorry the rest of the world isn't buying it.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins looks good. I think the jury is out on if he is the best in the conference. We are only two games in. We have a lot of football left to be played. He has looked very good, up to this point.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins looks good. I think the jury is out on if he is the best in the conference. We are only two games in. We have a lot of football left to be played. He has looked very good, up to this point.

Thank you for being reasonable. Your buckeye counterpart in here is incappable Of doing that.

Haskins looks good and is up there with qbs in your league. But calling him the best in the B1G before he ever starts is beyond ridiculous. An a fact ATF can’t prove.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a weird argument going in here. Let me see if I can argue both sides.

What ATF is saying is he, as an OSU fan, had heard more about Haskins and seen enough of him to claim he thought he was the best QB in the league.

Thats mot totally unfair. I know more about Iowa players than you guys do so it's not unreasonable to assume my opinion on them would be more likely to be right than you're opinion.

Those arguing with him are stating his opinion is biased ( which it likely is ) but that doesnt necessarily make it wrong either. The crux of the debate is whether it not you believe a guy can be considered "great" before hes played much. I can see it both ways.

Tough to put him ahead of a guy like McSorley without statistical proof BUT we see all the time where guys are voted preseason all Americans or put on watch lists without much more data than we had on Haskins

Put me in the "wait and see" group I think its highly likely hes elite but I'd like to see him do it vs good competition first. However saying that doesnt mean in telling ATF hes wrong. It just means I'm not saying hes right either lol

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a weird argument going in here. Let me see if I can argue both sides.

What ATF is saying is he, as an OSU fan, had heard more about Haskins and seen enough of him to claim he thought he was the best QB in the league.

Thats mot totally unfair. I know more about Iowa players than you guys do so it's not unreasonable to assume my opinion on them would be more likely to be right than you're opinion.

Those arguing with him are stating his opinion is biased ( which it likely is ) but that doesnt necessarily make it wrong either. The crux of the debate is whether it not you believe a guy can be considered "great" before hes played much. I can see it both ways.

Tough to put him ahead of a guy like McSorley without statistical proof BUT we see all the time where guys are voted preseason all Americans or put on watch lists without much more data than we had on Haskins

Put me in the "wait and see" group I think its highly likely hes elite but I'd like to see him do it vs good competition first. However saying that doesnt mean in telling ATF hes wrong. It just means I'm not saying hes right either lol

I have no problem taking the wait and see approach. I was not opposed at all to saying he could be the best in the B1G after this year.

But the disagreement lies in jackass Ohio State fan claiming Haskins was the best in the B1G before he ever started a game. He literally said that then today came in talking shit how he was right and I was wrong. He literally has nothing to back that up besides his own ridiculously biased opinion.

So that’s where this is all coming from.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem taking the wait and see approach. I was not opposed at all to saying he could be the best in the B1G after this year.

But the disagreement lies in jackass Ohio State fan claiming Haskins was the best in the B1G before he ever started a game. He literally said that then today came in talking shit how he was right and I was wrong. He literally has nothing to back that up besides his own ridiculously biased opinion.

So that’s where this is all coming from.
Right I get it. I'm just saying that doesnt automatically mean he was wrong, it just means he couldn't statistically prove he was right .
College football is different than other college sports in that you rarely see incoming freshman or unproven guys getting preseason love but in sports like college basketball, baseball, wrestling etc itd pretty common. Haskins very well couldve been the best QB in the league before the year. However I dont think we can definitively say hes even the best now. Both statements can be true

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right I get it. I'm just saying that doesnt automatically mean he was wrong, it just means he couldn't statistically prove he was right .
College football is different than other college sports in that you rarely see incoming freshman or unproven guys getting preseason love but in sports like college basketball, baseball, wrestling etc itd pretty common. Haskins very well couldve been the best QB in the league before the year. However I dont think we can definitively say hes even the best now. Both statements can be true

I understand that. But in this case I believe ya have to look at what they’ve done to earn that. An Haskins didn’t start one game and had limited time. If he was truly the best qb in the B1G before the season started wouldn’t he of had the starting job last year?

Plus him throwing out how he was right and everyone else is wrong isn’t helping matters much ethier. Lol

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. But in this case I believe ya have to look at what they’ve done to earn that. An Haskins didn’t start one game and had limited time. If he was truly the best qb in the B1G before the season started wouldn’t he of had the starting job last year?

Plus him throwing out how he was right and everyone else is wrong isn’t helping matters much ethier. Lol
I don't. I go by actual talent and ability, and I knew Haskins has that in spades, more than any other QB in the conference, hence my statement.

I personally think he would've probably put up league-leading numbers last year had he started. Instead, Barrett did and ended up putting up league-leading numbers. No big deal. We're gonna go at least two straight years having the best QB in the conference.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. I go by actual talent and ability, and I knew Haskins has that in spades, more than any other QB in the conference, hence my statement.

I personally think he would've probably put up league-leading numbers last year had he started. Instead, Barrett did and ended up putting up league-leading numbers. No big deal. We're gonna go at least two straight years having the best QB in the conference.

So you don’t go by facts you go by opinion. Good to know.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean besides stats that’s really the only facts?
Your stats never proved what you wanted them to. Again, for the 39th time, I never said he was the most experienced. Having started before this season doesn't automatically make other QBs better than him, which I knew. Obviously he is showing that to be true.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your stats never proved what you wanted them to. Again, for the 39th time, I never said he was the most experienced. Having started before this season doesn't automatically make other QBs better than him, which I knew. Obviously he is showing that to be true.

The stats are the only thing that prove that. Anything else is nothing more than opinion, FOR THE 39th time. Bringing up stats is kind of really important when declaring someone who has never started before is better than more than a few qbs that have started. Which is want you don’t seem to be able to grasp.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats are the only thing that prove that. Anything else is nothing more than opinion, FOR THE 39th time. Bringing up stats is kind of really important when declaring someone who has never started before is better than more than a few qbs that have started. Which is want you don’t seem to be able to grasp.
Yet, I ended up being right about him being the best. To be fair, the QB play at the other schools has been pretty butt in the B1G this year, but he's having an exceptional year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, I ended up being right about him being the best. To be fair, the QB play at the other schools has been pretty butt in the B1G this year, but he's having an exceptional year.

It's been this way since Drew Brees and Tom Brady graduated at the beginning of the century.