• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So thug is a purely racist term now?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is no secret that most of SportsHoopla isn't black. If you want to be dumb enough to believe otherwise then go right ahead.

So you're assuming people's actions because of the color of their skin.

Ok then...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're assuming people's actions because of the color of their skin.

Ok then...

I assuming people who aren't black or surrounded by blacks would never understand why we view the thug word so negatively.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assuming people who aren't black or surrounded by blacks would never understand why we view the thug word so negatively.

If you want to be offended by the word thug, it's because you want to be offended

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funniest thing about this thread is those who aren't black acting like they know what blacks go through.

Stay in your lane

Yeah.

It is the height of ignorance when people assume that something isn’t a big deal just because it doesn’t impact them directly.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think I'm white? Lol

Why? Because I dont cry racism every time I feel offended

I never said anything about you being white.

All I know is you know nothing about how the thug word is used in this country. Your credibility went out the window when you said the thug word is used more towards white guys than blacks guys

You don't have to be black to know that's not true

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything about you being white.

All I know is you know nothing about how the thug word is used in this country. Your credibility went out the window when you said the thug word is used more towards white guys than blacks guys

You don't have to be black to know that's not true

So now a word can only be offensive in one country but not the other?

I know for a fact that the word 'thug' is probably used more frequently in the UK, and it's sure as hell not used against black people as it is towards white people. A thug is another word for a hooligan.

I also pointed out that the phrase 'Thug life' was coined by black people. So now black people are coming up with words that others can't call because it's offensive to them?

Fact of the matter is 'thug' can be used toward blacks, whites, asians, whoever the hell you want to explain someones BEHAVIOR, not color of skin.

If someone calls you a thug are you more offended because they see you as a criminal or because you perceive them to call you a derogatory name because of your skin color?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact of the matter is 'thug' can be used toward blacks, whites, asians, whoever the hell you want to explain someones BEHAVIOR, not color of skin.

I totally agree with this. Problem is it usually only directed at blacks. If it was directed at whoever else as frequently as blacks then it wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately that is not the case

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with this. Problem is it usually only directed at blacks. If it was directed at whoever else as frequently as blacks then it wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately that is not the case

If some racist asshole wants to pick a derogatory word to call blacks, it's usually not going to be 'thug'. As sad as that is, it's unfortunately the reality.

Might be a difference in culture but this is what I think of when I see the word thug:

Infamous thug from Perth is jailed for 26th time

Thug Who Killed Nigerian With A Punch In UK Sent To Jail

Thug who stabbed police dog in the head is jailed in UK legal first

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funniest thing about this thread is those who aren't black acting like they know what blacks go through.

Stay in your lane

ain't you heard...?

EEEEEVVVERRRYBODY wants the black experience...

but yeah, because i knew some folks were gonna say something dumb i tried to steer clear of this thread...

obviously i coulda tried harder...:lol:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ah, the joys of racial profiling...

still alive and well...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Tupac consumer himself a thug?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think this is entirely correct.

The area I live in is predominantly white. I hear the word thug used plenty and it's not directed at black people.

That's why I don't see it as particularly racist. It's a pretty universal word.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is entirely correct.

The area I live in is predominantly white. I hear the word thug used plenty and it's not directed at black people.

That's why I don't see it as particularly racist. It's a pretty universal word.

I would laugh real hard if it later comes out that the specific players he addressed as “thugs” were Love and Osman.

That would be too perfect.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Tupac consumer himself a thug?
Yes.

But, as I stated before, the ignorant use that as an excuse to insult others using this word when that's not his actual intent.

In the beginning, it was a acronym.

There is a street code, even within the hood.

You shouldn't cross certain lines.

He got rival gang members to agree to certain rules of engagement.

Sadly, it didn't last very long and he could never live up to the standard himself.

I don't have time to be a ghetto tour guide to people who don't actually give a fuck.

But, this is what it means and why those unaware should probably shut up about things they know absolutely nothing about.

THUG LIFE

1) acronym for "The Hate U Give Little Infants Fucks Everyone". This acronyn was made popular by American rap artist 2Pac.

2) The Codes Of Thug Life where a set of codes written by 2Pac. In 1992, at a cease fire agreement and gang 'Truce Barbecue' in Watts, California, Tupac Amaru Shakur was instrumental in getting rival members of the Crips and Bloods to sign a code of ethics, that which is called The Code of Thug Life. The codes where designed to give order to the rise of gang violence and drug dealing. It made certain actions immoral , which would become a code of the street.

These codes where signed by heads from the Bloods and Crips at a peace treaty in California in 1992.

Last edited: