• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So thug is a purely racist term now?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like you. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders.
Thank you.

I can be a ass from time to time.

But, I try to be reasonable.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you.

I can be a ass from time to time.

But, I try to be reasonable.
you have a much better demeanor than a lot of the fools that post on these forums. I appreciate that.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know exactly why the dude gave his "tearful" apology. If no one was complaining then why did he apologize to them? Don't be a fool.
You are just another ignorant bigot. Nothing more nothing less. Why would someone like you even watch the NBA. You said fuck the players. Why watch ? lol

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't emerge out of nothing.

It emerged because the Coach told the media.

How we got from that to " fuck the players" is what I'm debating.

I don't think Beilein told the media though until after they contacted him about it. I saw a piece today where Collin Sexton said he knew what Beilein meant because he actually calls them "slugs" somewhat often and that the media blew the story out of proportion. Woj was the first to break the story and in it, he has details of what happened and then asked Beilein to comment which he did.

So to me, what it looks like is Beilein did slip up but it was innocuous. The players didn't really care. However, someone in that organization doesn't like him and is trying to get him fired. That person made a bigger deal about it in the organization and then leaked it to the Woj. And Woj, who has a history of being sensationalist outside of news that isn't just straight transactions, ran with it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant remember if I said back then but I think I did, Michigan is a better job than the Cavs. Besides, who hires a 66 year old to their first ever NBA HC position?

Cavs fans really liked the hire.

For the life of me I couldn’t understand why. Belien was a really good college coach. But the age thing and lack of NBA experience made it a head scratcher for me.

The player development angle I get, but I would at least want someone who had the potential to grow with the young core they were in charge of.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just another ignorant bigot. Nothing more nothing less. Why would someone like you even watch the NBA. You said fuck the players. Why watch ? lol
Its about the team for me, not the players. Only a childish fan boy knob gobbles the stars. I only root for players insofar as they help my team. I rooted for Durant when he was with the Warriors but couldn't care less what he does now that he is gone.
If a player behaves like a normal person I respect him, if not. I don't. Has nothing to do with the color of the skin only with the person's behavior who is inside that skin.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, from everything I've heard, the assistant coach brought it to his attention.

He addressed his players, they said apology accepted and moved on.

The media are the one's making it a issue.

But, sure....

Fuck the players.

:noidea:

Yeah really.

Let’s put the blame where it really belongs.

F the media and all of us for talking about it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion.

Yeah... in this day and age... a person of the world has got to know that that word is loaded. A head coach of a NBA team has got to know that that word is loaded.

So Beilein stepped in it.

That being said... I do sympathize for Beilein primarily because of his age. I think it is harder for older folks to be on top of stuff like that. And in the world we live in... where every thing we say and do can be instantly dissected and analyzed and all over the world in a moment... it kind of sucks that a guy who has worked with people of every color for decades has to go through a trial by mob over the crime of "RACIST!".

Like I said, JMO. I have no idea what's in Beilein's heart...

... but I hate how stuff like this is handled. I hate how we have to walk on egg-shells around each other...

Agreed.

He made an innocent mistake that may have offended somebody.

He apologized.

Seems like a non-story.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Beilein told the media though until after they contacted him about it. I saw a piece today where Collin Sexton said he knew what Beilein meant because he actually calls them "slugs" somewhat often and that the media blew the story out of proportion. Woj was the first to break the story and in it, he has details of what happened and then asked Beilein to comment which he did.

So to me, what it looks like is Beilein did slip up but it was innocuous. The players didn't really care. However, someone in that organization doesn't like him and is trying to get him fired. That person made a bigger deal about it in the organization and then leaked it to the Woj. And Woj, who has a history of being sensationalist outside of news that isn't just straight transactions, ran with it.
That all sounds reasonable and plausible.

I can work with actual facts when presented.

Still doesn't equate to " fuck the players for making this racist".

But, after reading the same story you referred to this morning, looks like Tristan did feel some kinda way about it.

But, he clearly doesn't like the guy.

So, maybe just fuck that one guy and not this big circle jerk of self-righteous indignation over something Nance, nor any other player was quoted as saying?

Six Cavaliers players addressed John Beilein’s thugs-slugs jumble yesterday. Five offered clear support of their coach for this volatile situation. The exception: Tristan Thompson. “At the end of the day, he’s our head coach,” Thompson said after Cleveland’s win over the Pistons last night. “We’re the players, and have to go out there and play and do our job at the end of the day. So, that’s all that matters.”

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little History for all the people falsely attributing the origin of the word Thug to Black People.

Thug means criminal, there is no color attached to it.

So, I highly doubt we coined the phrase.

Do some black people refer to themselves that way?

Sure.

Maybe they are criminals?

We don't all do it.

There were no Tupac records out in 1897.

So, yeah...no.

Didn't come from there either.

Maybe Mark Twain was a Rolling 60 Crip?...lol

Read.

A.

Book.

It may be a surprise that the word originates far away, in India.

"As far as I can tell, thug goes back to the 14th Century," says Megan Garber, who traced the word's origin for a story in The Atlantic. "There was a gang of criminals known as the thuggee."

Mark Twain was one of the first Americans to report on the group. Observations about the Thugs appeared in his book, Following the Equator: A Journey Around the World.

Published in 1897, the book started the steady rise of "thug" in popularity and usage in American English.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little History for all the people falsely attributing the origin of the word Thug to Black People.

Thug means criminal, there is no color attached to it.

So, I highly doubt we coined the phrase.

Do some black people refer to themselves that way?

Sure.

Maybe they are criminals?

We don't all do it.

There were no Tupac records out in 1897.

So, yeah...no.

Didn't come from there either.

Maybe Mark Twain was a Rolling 60 Crip?...lol

Read.

A.

Book.

It may be a surprise that the word originates far away, in India.

"As far as I can tell, thug goes back to the 14th Century," says Megan Garber, who traced the word's origin for a story in The Atlantic. "There was a gang of criminals known as the thuggee."

Mark Twain was one of the first Americans to report on the group. Observations about the Thugs appeared in his book, Following the Equator: A Journey Around the World.

Published in 1897, the book started the steady rise of "thug" in popularity and usage in American English.

Thug LIFE was coined by black people, not the word Thug itself.

How about you calmly go back over the posts before you go accusing people of dumb shit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that this is where Thug Life came from:

thug-life-memes-1.png

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that this is where Thug Life came from:

thug-life-memes-1.png

I can’t even tell if that is a man or a woman.

But if I were walking down the sidewalk and saw him/her approaching, I would strongly consider crossing the street.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anxiously awaiting @Mecca s response after being put in her fucking place.

if you’re going to accuse someone of stupid shit at least have the balls to admit you were wrong.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funniest thing about this thread is those who aren't black acting like they know what blacks go through.

Stay in your lane