• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So now who do the 9ers have to beat to prove they are for real?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners had two OL coming back from injury in Staley and McGlinchey, and they were terrible in their return.
Yeah, fair. I guess we will have to see the rest of the way if this was an outlier or if the Hawks front is coming together. Jarran Reed (10.5 sacks last year at DT) just came back a couple weeks ago, and last night was also Diggs' debut since coming over from Detroit. They played with a lot more juice on that side of the ball for sure.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Matt Flynn???

Ed Zachary. Of course you do.

There even seemed to be a controversy of sorts at the time.

I hate that little fucker. But I was rooting for him yesterday.

Don’t know if I ever seen a game where I went from down to up and or visa versus that many times. Crazy game. It was a game the Seahawks needed badly. Good to hear you rooted for RW Hank. He was the under dog yesterday, going against a really good DL, one of the best at the present.
Heck of a game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there a lot of QBs that don't show that clutch end game killer mentality early on that grow it?

Wilson is seasoned for sure, but had that clutch end game thing going as a rookie. Mahomes had it early. We just faced another young QB with killer instincts in Jackson.

All will learn to read defenses better over time. The game will slow down for them, but they already have that end game swag.

Im not sure create that over time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there a lot of QBs that don't show that clutch end game killer mentality early on that grow it?

Wilson is seasoned for sure, but had that clutch end game thing going as a rookie. Mahomes had it early. We just faced another young QB with killer instincts in Jackson.

All will learn to read defenses better over time. The game will slow down for them, but they already have that end game swag.

Im not sure create that over time.

Very true.

There's a handful of QBs in the league that you feel pretty good about your chances of a least getting off a reasonable FGA (at the very least) down 2, under 2 mins with the ball.

I'm not suggesting he'll ever get there, but being better than he was last week I think is possible.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extrapolate Dissly out to 39 games played at his NFL career rate equals almost 24 TD's compared to Kittle's 9.
Yet you call him an embarrassment? WTF?
You can still save a little face by saying, you had no idea...which is apparent.

Perhaps having a guy named Russell Wilson throwing you the ball vs CJ Beathard, Nick Mullins, and Brian Hoyer throwing you the ball makes a difference. Or maybe Russell Wilson doesn't factor in. Dissly isn't on the same level as Kittle or as important to his offense as Kittle is to the 49ers.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have Green Bay, Baltimore and New Orleans on their schedule. Don't let the loss against Atlanta fool you about Drew Brees and the Saints. Only teams the 49ers have beat of any value are the Rams and Panthers and neither of them are playoff teams right now. The tough part of their schedule has yet to come.
I
They beat the Steelers too

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps having a guy named Russell Wilson throwing you the ball vs CJ Beathard, Nick Mullins, and Brian Hoyer throwing you the ball makes a difference. Or maybe Russell Wilson doesn't factor in. Dissly isn't on the same level as Kittle or as important to his offense as Kittle is to the 49ers.
SF fan called Dissly an embarrassment. He has no idea and your defense of his statement is on a similar level.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leather-bound-memes-from-week-10-in-the-nfl-48-photos-12.jpg

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners had two OL coming back from injury in Staley and McGlinchey, and they were terrible in their return.
Yeah, they may have been pressed back in too soon or it was just rust. Don't know but Clowney did play big in the game. They have sone tough teams to face coming up, The Packers can get some pressure, the Ravens, Saints and Rams also are pretty solid vs. the run and can get some pressure. The niners need their weapons back in Kittle and Sanders for sure. All those other teams will be making life miserable for JimmyG. We will see what he is made of coming up, And what Shanahan can draw up to help him as well. It's more than just one thing. Time will tell the tale.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF fan called Dissly an embarrassment. He has no idea and your defense of his statement is on a similar level.

I never said he was an embarrassment but to conflate stats like you did to try and prove the Seattle player was better or as important to the offense as Kittle was laughable. I was pointing out one has had an MVP caliber QB throwing him the ball and one has had practice squad back ups throwing him the ball. Both teams were missing players but Seattle was much closer to who they are than the 49ers.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had him then.

He's playing a different position, I believe. I read somewhere that we had him at Corner for the first 2-3 games and then switched him to Safety. Either way, this defense just isn't the same as it was in the beginning of the season. I think the 49ers were so good because of the competition they were playing, but I still think they have a legit chance to win the division. They have a tough stretch where they play Green Bay, then on the road against Baltimore and New Orleans. How they play during those 3 games, I believe, will really show how this team will play in the playoffs.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he was an embarrassment but to conflate stats like you did to try and prove the Seattle player was better or as important to the offense as Kittle was laughable. I was pointing out one has had an MVP caliber QB throwing him the ball and one has had practice squad back ups throwing him the ball. Both teams were missing players but Seattle was much closer to who they are than the 49ers.
Seattle is a running team. They rely heavily on their blocking from TE. Trying to compare pass stats from that slot is at least disingenuous.

Seattle did get several guys back before this game. Two made season debuts that night. Not really at the same speed as everyone else should be.

Doesn't need to be excuses though. The better team won and did so on the road. What we learned was the 9ers are a good team that has a dangerous defense, but they are not an elite team. Their staff is not ready to handle games of this magnitude. Clock management and play calling was just bad.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is a running team. They rely heavily on their blocking from TE. Trying to compare pass stats from that slot is at least disingenuous.

Seattle did get several guys back before this game. Two made season debuts that night. Not really at the same speed as everyone else should be.

Doesn't need to be excuses though. The better team won and did so on the road. What we learned was the 9ers are a good team that has a dangerous defense, but they are not an elite team. Their staff is not ready to handle games of this magnitude. Clock management and play calling was just bad.

The 49ers had two tackles and a fullback making their first start after coming back from injuries and Kittle is a pretty darn good run blocker as well. You and I didn't learn the same thing because I learned that my team can hang with the Mighty Seattle Seahawks with half their offense missing.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers had two tackles and a fullback making their first start after coming back from injuries and Kittle is a pretty darn good run blocker as well. You and I didn't learn the same thing because I learned that my team can hang with the Mighty Seattle Seahawks with half their offense missing.
You don't follow football much I guess. Seattle isn't an elite team this year. They too are a good team that should be in most games because of their QB more than anything else. Their defense isn't more than average this year.

Losing to a good team at home entirely dismisses you from elite consideration.

But do keep making excuses. It's what we expect from giner fans.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't follow football much I guess. Seattle isn't an elite team this year. They too are a good team that should be in most games because of their QB more than anything else. Their defense isn't more than average this year.

Easy JizzardHawk.

You act like this knowledgeable, better than everyone expert, when in reality you are a simple, smug, blowhard.

Keep talking in circles. It's what we expect from you.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your the one acting like your team is elite, and your a fool to judge a team based off of one loss when they are missing two of the best weapons on offense. Clearly you don't follow football or you wouldn't make such ignorant posts. I live in New England and you act like most Patriot fans and I don't mean that as a compliment.