• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So now who do the 9ers have to beat to prove they are for real?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
35 posts.....lasted longer than Kap's tryout.....
I kind of like having a villain type idiot on the boards. They make good punching bags and can make for some interesting exchanges.

Maybe it's the way my twisted brain works, but I'm gonna miss the silly little tool.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what your saying is what Cruise control did is all well and good and we shouldn't be pounding our chests

No I'm just saying I'm not judging my team or Seattle until I see them play each other when they are closed to full strength.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could say if those 2 weren't on the field when they played the Cards the first time, the outcome may have been different.
I believe it would have been different for sure. Don't forget, the only reason the 49ers won was because on the goal line stand to end the half the AZ coach called a timeout and the stop didn't count. Niners scored on the next play

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what your saying is what Cruise control did is all well and good and we shouldn't be pounding our chests
But for a missed field goal in OT Seattle would have lost to San Francisco without its three best offensive players. The one thing Seattle has going for it is its ownership of the 49ers and crazy stuff happens to the Niners every time they play them. As long as Seattle has Russell Wilson, they have a shot in every game but they are not very good.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the NFL. Good luck with having all of your players together over the second half of the season.

Hawks lost their center for the year. The backup isn't a fraction as good. He won't be the last.

I saw enough of Jimmy G and how he deals with pressure. In really not worried.

I'm confident both Sanders and Kittle will be back the the O-line will improve once the rust wears off the tackles and they get healthy in Staley's case. I'm actually more confident in my team after playing like they did without any reliable pass catchers.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm just saying I'm not judging my team or Seattle until I see them play each other when they are closed to full strength.
I agree. I am just playing the wait and see how this all plays out. Both teams have a tough schedule to go through before the big match-up week 17. Both could be 12-3 or both could falter or one could falter and make the game meaningless. Like I said going into the MNF, one game by itelf doesn't really tell anything.
As for the injuries, I recall saying back in early October that the early bye week could be an issue. I honestly wish my team could beat a rival at full strength but attrition plays a factor in an NFL season sometimes. At any rate, good luck to you guys and I really hope for a stellar match-up on the final game of the season to decide this thing. It's a lot of fun.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to hear any excuses when the Packers come to town and steam roll the Niners next week :suds:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confident both Sanders and Kittle will be back the the O-line will improve once the rust wears off the tackles and they get healthy in Staley's case. I'm actually more confident in my team after playing like they did without any reliable pass catchers.
That's a good way to look at it. Arizona did the same thing shutting down the 49er running game completely. I'm not sure we can count on that running game much anymore. teams have figured it out. Its going to be on Garoppolo so I hope he gets Sanders and Kittle back this season.
The defense will keep us in each game with a chance to make a play at the end to win. The question will be, can Garoppolo do it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to hear any excuses when the Packers come to town and steam roll the Niners next week :suds:
It'll be a good game if Sanders nd Kittle are back, if not, I wouldn't bother watching.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So maybe next year if they play each other in week #1?

The odds of that happening are next to none

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Sanders may be questionable for the Cards game. They are saying it's a similar injury to what Kittle played through last year. I thought it might be an oblique strain which can be really iffy. The team will probably hold him back to be safe.
The Cards is a tough match-up. Playing a division rival twice in less than a month is always bad, no matter what the records and the Cards are better than people thought.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy JizzardHawk.

You act like this knowledgeable, better than everyone expert, when in reality you are a simple, smug, blowhard.

Keep talking in circles. It's what we expect from you.
Dude, I thought you were banned???

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he was an embarrassment but to conflate stats like you did to try and prove the Seattle player was better or as important to the offense as Kittle was laughable. I was pointing out one has had an MVP caliber QB throwing him the ball and one has had practice squad back ups throwing him the ball. Both teams were missing players but Seattle was much closer to who they are than the 49ers.
No, you never said Dis was an embarrassment as a TE. That was all Montalban. I am aware that SF relies on GK more than Seattle does WD. Seattle spreads the ball around more and is less 1 dimensional. IN 6 games this year he has 4 TDs. In 8 games this year GK has 2 TD's. Anyone calling Dissly an embarrassment as a TE deserves to get blasted for being out of touch.
Your QB was 16-2 going in.
He was 8-0 at home.
Had a top rated D.
A top rated run game...and needed more than GK in this game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't pay attention to that plebe. He acts like he is the smartest person in the room when in reality he is an insecure blowhard with no substance.
Dude, I thought you were banned?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they need to beat anyone to prove they are for real; they just need to get Kittle and Sanders back. They are pretenders without those guys and serious contenders with them.
So SF's stellar D, a QB who is 16-3 career, a strong run game, isn't more valuable than a TE and a WR? We started our 4th string TE who was on our practice squad 2 weeks ago, ...Oh wait, I should recant that. All of our TE's must be exceptional embarrassments based upon your opinion of them. It makes no difference that Hollister has more TDs than Kittle in only 5 games played.
What an embarrassment!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But for a missed field goal in OT Seattle would have lost to San Francisco without its three best offensive players. The one thing Seattle has going for it is its ownership of the 49ers and crazy stuff happens to the Niners every time they play them. As long as Seattle has Russell Wilson, they have a shot in every game but they are not very good.
I forgot. Is it 11 of 12 played or is it 12 of 13 played?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gone, but that cockroach will probably find his way back..................again.
No doubt. Impossible to kill a cockroach, just like that loser queen.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if our KFC greasy fingered defenders caught half of what should have been intercepted, we would have blown you out at home.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still winning the division. Still control our own destiny.
Barely winning the division. Lose this week and you guys are in 2nd place. We also control our destiny.
I'm glad to get this rivalry reheated. It makes for good banter.