• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So now who do the 9ers have to beat to prove they are for real?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garoppollo has a lot to prove for sure, but I think he'll be fine. The biggest worries for the Niners right now are lack of dependable receivers and injuries.

It's one thing if Kittle isn't a go....they still had Sanders and Garoppolo was fairly effective. When he went out, the Seahawks had such little respect for the remaining guys in there that they were covered quite a bit by LB's. That's simply disgusting as to how bad a receiving crew we have without Kittle and Sanders. Given that, the crew of wideouts still managed somewhere between 6-9 drops, which was worth a good 100+ yards and a win.

I'm not worried about Garoppolo, and quite honestly I don't get into the discussion about him anymore. Reading some of the comments here makes me laugh. Dude has barely a years worth of starts, has been a money (3rd) down machine when he's called on to do so. When the defense/running game floundered, he was asked to deliver against the Cards in full, and tore them apart. Could've easily done the same against the Seahawks, but when both tackles coming back from injury make J. Clowney look like twice the player Reggie White was, a lack of adjustments from Shanahan, and down to an embarrassing performance by the receivers....one player can only do so much.

He didn't have a good game himself, but a lot of that wasn't in his control.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one thing if Kittle isn't a go....they still had Sanders and Garoppolo was fairly effective. When he went out, the Seahawks had such little respect for the remaining guys in there that they were covered quite a bit by LB's. That's simply disgusting as to how bad a receiving crew we have without Kittle and Sanders. Given that, the crew of wideouts still managed somewhere between 6-9 drops, which was worth a good 100+ yards and a win.

I'm not worried about Garoppolo, and quite honestly I don't get into the discussion about him anymore. Reading some of the comments here makes me laugh. Dude has barely a years worth of starts, has been a money (3rd) down machine when he's called on to do so. When the defense/running game floundered, he was asked to deliver against the Cards in full, and tore them apart. Could've easily done the same against the Seahawks, but when both tackles coming back from injury make J. Clowney look like twice the player Reggie White was, a lack of adjustments from Shanahan, and down to an embarrassing performance by the receivers....one player can only do so much.

Yeah, agreed, and any WR worth his salt should be able to absolutely abuse almost any LB. I'll just hope that all those drops were just a fluke, I guess.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't have a good game himself, but a lot of that wasn't in his control.

Yeah, agreed, and any WR worth his salt should be able to absolutely abuse almost any LB. I'll just hope that all those drops were just a fluke, I guess.

I don't think too many people are saying Garoppolo isn't a capable enough QB, I think what people are saying is that the book on him is that if gets any type of consistent pressure his game play drops in a significant way. That's not really a knock on him considering almost all QB's have the same reaction to constant pressure. There's only a few QB's out there that can escape and beat constant pressure on a regular basis, and people are saying that (so far) it doesn't look like Garoppolo is one of those guys (yet).

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think too many people are saying Garoppolo isn't a capable enough QB, I think what people are saying is that the book on him is that if gets any type of consistent pressure his game play drops in a significant way. That's not really a knock on him considering almost all QB's have the same reaction to constant pressure. There's only a few QB's out there that can escape and beat constant pressure on a regular basis, and people are saying that (so far) it doesn't look like Garoppolo is one of those guys (yet).

Yeah, pretty much. He has at times escaped the pressure by climbing the pocket, which he might have learned from Tom Brady, but he has to show he can do that consistently. The Niners don't need Garoppolo to be great. They just need him to be good enough.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the book on pretty much every QB as you said....now add to that the fact that the best pass catcher doesn't start, his best receiver leaves the game and the remaining receivers put on one of the great shitshows I've seen in a while. Plus the fact that he's getting no help in regards to adjustments from his coaching staff. It's more of a 'gotcha....told yah he ain't all that' response...and it's laughable.

Even after that, I can still look at this game as sub-par from Garoppolo. Not only from potential int. throws he made, but guys that broke open early (had a guaranteed TD to Sanders early but 'settled' for a chunk, 20 yard type play to Goodwin....who dropped it.)

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The amount of drops was out of this world ridiculous...but it's been a problem, along with route running/inate knowledge/etc.

It's somewhat clear that SF decided to grab receivers with two of their first three picks this year in the draft and make the trade for Sanders. At this point, Deebo is the only guy I can see a potential light at the end of the tunnel - Bourne, Goodwin, Pettis, and the chronic injury known as Taylor can all disappear AFAIC.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of drops was out of this world ridiculous...but it's been a problem, along with route running/inate knowledge/etc.

It's somewhat clear that SF decided to grab receivers with two of their first three picks this year in the draft and make the trade for Sanders. At this point, Deebo is the only guy I can see a potential light at the end of the tunnel - Bourne, Goodwin, Pettis, and the chronic injury known as Taylor can all disappear AFAIC.

I like Deebo, too. I like that he basically turns into a RB after he catches the ball. Hopefully, Hurd is the real deal. Yeah, it sucks that we've invested so many draft picks on those other guys who look like they won't amount to much. IIRC, in the next draft, the Niners have a first round pick, but after that, they don't currently have a pick until the 4th or 5th round.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Deebo, too. I like that he basically turns into a RB after he catches the ball. Hopefully, Hurd is the real deal. Yeah, it sucks that we've invested so many draft picks on those other guys who look like they won't amount to much. IIRC, in the next draft, the Niners have a first round pick, but after that, they don't currently have a pick until the 4th or 5th round.

I am more than happy to have Kittle, Sanders, Samuel and get to see what Hurd is all about next year. Deebo had that terrible end zone drop of a floater that I could've caught against Ariz, and had a couple of bad drops against Sea. but he at least is a rookie who has shown some flashes.

Next year....trade down and get more draft picks unless some nonsensical player drops to you.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the Chiefs or Seattle a 2nd time. Packers and 49ers (prior to week 17) got lucky both of Seattle's RBs went down.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the Chiefs or Seattle a 2nd time. Packers and 49ers (prior to week 17) got lucky both of Seattle's RBs went down.

I know. It should be Seahawks-Niners 3 right now with Wilson playing the role of bogeyman.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. It should be Seahawks-Niners 3 right now with Wilson playing the role of bogeyman.

Yah... thanks to your dominant defense and run game we get a blowout for the final game before the SuperBowl.... 49ers are assholes!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah... thanks to your dominant defense and run game we get a blowout for the final game before the SuperBowl.... 49ers are assholes!

Niners broke the NFL. LOL. Can we just cancel the Super Bowl? That Mahomes guy is scary.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame the idiot OP was nothing more than an alt troll.

He could have been here posting some amazing shit right about now!

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Open bidding for the OP's next alt name.