• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Long Heat Haters Club

LUNCHBOX

LOGIC
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its always a good time to hate the Heat...Dirty Dwayne Wade is still there along with that tranny masquerading as a power forward

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fucked the heat over and misled them. Heat wouldn't have drafted napier and they would've have went hard after gortac/lowry if he actually told them his intentions to return to Cleveland.

If it wasn't for LeBron the Heat would only have one title. Be happy w/ what he brought you Heat fans.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fucked the heat over and misled them. Heat wouldn't have drafted napier and they would've have went hard after gortac/lowry if he actually told them his intentions to return to Cleveland.

They were not getting Gortat regardless - he was re-signing w/ Wizards no matter what. Not sure about Lowry.

Why would you think any of these guys would be so anxious to sign with a Labron-less Heat?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - the way that Labron made his decision - which is perfectly fine - was pretty much in the same manner he made the decision with the Heat 4 years earlier (save for the stupid ESPN special).

So apparently - according to some - it is alright for Labron to operate in this manner if he signs with the Heat but not alright if he signs in the same manner with another team. Ridiculous.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were not getting Gortat regardless - he was re-signing w/ Wizards no matter what. Not sure about Lowry.

Why would you think any of these guys would be so anxious to sign with a Labron-less Heat?

I doubt they would have. Playing with Lebron was the carrot to leave the pretty good situations they were already in.

bgduece

Kiss my Ass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron let the plantation owner treat him like he owned him...the letter that Dan Gilbert wrote disqualified him as being Lebron's boss ever again in life...it makes him look like a hypocrite, after he was the first one to speak out against Donald Sterling, who was taped having a private conversation, and did not post his thoughts on a web site, and let it sit there for over four years.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron let the plantation owner treat him like he owned him...the letter that Dan Gilbert wrote disqualified him as being Lebron's boss ever again in life...it makes him look like a hypocrite, after he was the first one to speak out against Donald Sterling, who was taped having a private conversation, and did not post his thoughts on a web site, and let it sit there for over four years.

I understand that you are probably bitter as a Heat fan, but are you seriously comparing the behavior of Gilbert to Sterling? Gilbert basically called LaBron selfish & a coward. Compare that to Sterling who has a history of blatant and more subtle racism. Huge difference between the two owners.

You could perhaps be right about having your doubts about LaBron returning to Cleveland (although I disagree since there are so many other factors which make this a great story for the NBA save for Heat fans). However - you go way too far with your Sterling comparison.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for LeBron the Heat would only have one title. Be happy w/ what he brought you Heat fans.

You could also say that if it weren't for the Heat, Lebron would still be ringless. The argument goes both ways.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't know what would happen. Yes, Gortat was likely going to sign with the Wizards anyway. But Miami could offer the same contract that the Wiz gave Gortat, with the added bonus of no state income tax. Miami was able to lure Luol Deng down to Miami. Miami definitely had the cap space to fit either Lowry or Gortat in.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what would happen. Yes, Gortat was likely going to sign with the Wizards anyway. But Miami could offer the same contract that the Wiz gave Gortat, with the added bonus of no state income tax. Miami was able to lure Luol Deng down to Miami. Miami definitely had the cap space to fit either Lowry or Gortat in.
The Wizards used the first few hours that teams were allowed to speak with free agents to reach out primarily to their own players on the open market. Gortat and Ariza were at the top of the list, especially since they will have to compete with other several teams to keep the duo in Washington. But the Wizards have an advantage because they are able to offer more money and years than other teams.

Wizards make initial pitches to keep Marcin Gortat, Trevor Ariza - The Washington Post

Same scenario with Lowry and the Raptors.

Both players chose to take the money > paycut to be on a better contending team

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat Haters is closing up shop:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjUQMs0kVEI]WHY? - YouTube[/ame]

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't we have 1 more meeting at The Lodge?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really joined the Heat Haters club, so happy to see it go. It was funny Cliff at its start. Looks like its now the Cavs Fans haters thread next (yawn).

Fandom is fandom.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last bottle of Moet?

We need to get CL in here to crack it open.:lol:

Can we fly Mamba in for a special guest appearance?

I'd love to rehash the story one last time of him saying Joe wasn't in Miami ( even though my kid was with him).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we fly Mamba in for a special guest appearance?

I'd love to rehash the story one last time of him saying Joe wasn't in Miami ( even though my kid was with him).

Why not? Maybe we can get Cliff to do a sendoff speech too. CL can be Master of Ceremonies.