• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's talk 2021 draft

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that he's going anywhere but 3 1s/which 2 star players are they willing to part with.

I was thinking more like two 1's and two 2s and player/s. just because he is a proven top 3 QB in the league that is capable of carrying a bad offense. We all know that star QB's require a ton and just imagine how much the Rams gave up for Stafford and pretty much double it lol.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheez can we get back to the draft talk here?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more like two 1's and two 2s and player/s. just because he is a proven top 3 QB in the league that is capable of carrying a bad offense. We all know that star QB's require a ton and just imagine how much the Rams gave up for Stafford and pretty much double it lol.
That's true, easily doubled what Stafford costed

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn seems to think wilson is unhappy and wants to be traded. The fact they hired his choice at OC might lend some credence to this.
I don't get the logic here. How does hiring the OC the star QB wants indicate he wants to be traded? Wouldn't it be much more likely that he would want to be traded if we didn't hire the OC he wanted?

Anyway, its officially the offseason. ESPN will be desperately digging for anything they can wildly speculate about until next season. Click bait media move.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the logic here. How does hiring the OC the star QB wants indicate he wants to be traded? Wouldn't it be much more likely that he would want to be traded if we didn't hire the OC he wanted?

Im going to go out on a limb and risk criticism, but i dont believe carroll wanted a passing coordinator for OC. I think wilson made his grievances known and they gave him what he wanted so he wouldnt raise a stink.

It will be interesting to see what happens with his contract. If the team tanks in the next two years, honestly i wouldnt be surprised if he does demand a trade.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to go out on a limb and risk criticism, but i dont believe carroll wanted a passing coordinator for OC. I think wilson made his grievances known and they gave him what he wanted so he wouldnt raise a stink.

It will be interesting to see what happens with his contract. If the team tanks in the next two years, honestly i wouldnt be surprised if he does demand a trade.
I have to agree Pete didn't want a passing OC since he said he wanted to get back to running the ball but I think this hire will surprise him with a well balanced offense like what we see with the Rams.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yuck, we are apparently in talks with the eagles to trade for ertz. Will we have any draft picks left?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yuck, we are apparently in talks with the eagles to trade for ertz. Will we have any draft picks left?
OMG really hope that doesn't happen. Wonder if RW is behind this like he was behind the Seahawks signing Greg Olsen. Be a mistake IMO.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing against ertz but we cant give up all our draft picks for aging players with big contracts.

.....unless wilson wants to take a paycut to get his guy.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ugg, no.

If they want him, wait for Philadelphia to cut him and sign him for significantly less than $8.25 million. No way would I give up draft capital to a team desperate to dump talent.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugg, no.

If they want him, wait for Philadelphia to cut him and sign him for significantly less than $8.25 million. No way would I give up draft capital to a team desperate to dump talent.

Agree... I don't want another TE who's aging and seems to always get hurt... Plus, he's not a good blocker - more of a receiving TE... Why can't we just farm/raise our own?

If RW is the one requesting this, then he needs to freaking start throwing to the TE's and utilizing them more than he does... We didn't get a lot of productivity out of Graham nor Olsen with RW as a QB... What makes us think Ertz will be productive enough to warrant his salary with RW as his QB? Not I...

We'd probably have to give up a 4th or a 5th for him and at this time, those picks are very valuable to us right now...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CBS article specifically says the Eagles reached out to Indy and Seattle, not that we are necessarily involved in mutual interest.

What if it's something like we get Ertz and a pick for Jerran Reed? He's probably our most valuable asset, and we'd be netting a pick and a player. Not that Id support this, just that we may not end up just sending our few picks away.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CBS article specifically says the Eagles reached out to Indy and Seattle, not that we are necessarily involved in mutual interest.

What if it's something like we get Ertz and a pick for Jerran Reed? He's probably our most valuable asset, and we'd be netting a pick and a player. Not that Id support this, just that we may not end up just sending our few picks away.

That'd be a tough move for Philly. They've gotta cut $41 million in salary and this move would be a wash overall. In the end, they'd just have to cut Reed instead of Ertz. I'm sure it's a salary dump. Could be wrong, but it is what it is.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There will be a ton of TEs cut this offseason. No reason at all that we should trade anything of any value to fill positions where there will be lots of them out there to dig through on the cheap. Probably the same for RBs, which is why we might get Carson back on a cheaper 1 year deal

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be a ton of TEs cut this offseason. No reason at all that we should trade anything of any value to fill positions where there will be lots of them out there to dig through on the cheap. Probably the same for RBs, which is why we might get Carson back on a cheaper 1 year deal
Great point about the volume of TE's that will be available this offseason... Speaking of Carson, I'd rather give him 7million a year rather than Ertz - that's for sure...

Here is a FA tracker for TE's in 2021... 2021 NFL Free Agents Tracker