• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's talk 2021 draft

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone want?

Who does everyone want, within realm of reality?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interior linemen. Bolster the run game in offense and defense. LG is a big need.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone want?

Who does everyone want, within realm of reality?
I'm guess first order of business is they trade back for a couple more picks and than hopefully they take BPA O-linemen.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely player to be traded for picks?

Tyler Lockett comes to mind for me. I love the guy, but he's more replaceable than DK, and I think we can find another #2 who can get open on broken plays.

I think Adams get resigned, and Bobby/KJ are too old to pull anything of merit. No chance you trade DK or Russ.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we have any trade bait that would net us anything but a low pick.
Itll be another hard to watch draft for us.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 draft is going to be basically non-existent for us. I expect us to probably trade out of the 2nd into the mid 3rd to acquire some additional 4th or 5th round picks or even use 2022 draft ammo to move into this draft... but we have hardly any draft ammo this year.

We have basically NO compensatory picks so I wonder what we'll do with free agency and salary. Jarran Reed is a pretty big hit this year ($13.5M) and I'm not sure he's worth that given his consummate play. Jamal, Carlos will not be cheap and are needed...

I think for our 2nd round pick I'd prefer DT (fairly deep class) or TE/WR/OT.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely player to be traded for picks?

Tyler Lockett comes to mind for me. I love the guy, but he's more replaceable than DK, and I think we can find another #2 who can get open on broken plays.

I think Adams get resigned, and Bobby/KJ are too old to pull anything of merit. No chance you trade DK or Russ.

I think it's Reed. His 7 sacks will get some attention.

I think Lockett is still a keeper... firing Schotty should immediately help Lockett as I feel like Seattle's offensive gameplay shift at midseason was just fairly ridiculous and Lockett seemed to just disappear in games where Metcalf was getting the majority attention. It really surprised me.

Adams/Dunlap need to stay on board. We gave up WAAAAY too much for Adams to let him walk and he'll consume $9M of cap regardless next year, so whatever. Only way we let him walk is if it's medical.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cant afford to lose reed, i think he has mostly underwhelmed since his 10 sack year but our DL is really weak without him

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 draft is going to be basically non-existent for us. I expect us to probably trade out of the 2nd into the mid 3rd to acquire some additional 4th or 5th round picks or even use 2022 draft ammo to move into this draft... but we have hardly any draft ammo this year.

We have basically NO compensatory picks so I wonder what we'll do with free agency and salary. Jarran Reed is a pretty big hit this year ($13.5M) and I'm not sure he's worth that given his consummate play. Jamal, Carlos will not be cheap and are needed...

I think for our 2nd round pick I'd prefer DT (fairly deep class) or TE/WR/OT.
That's exactly what I for see happening... Cody Barton and Tre Flowers could be used as trade commodities perhaps... Could get (2) 5ths for them or maybe a 4th...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I for see happening... Cody Barton and Tre Flowers could be used as trade commodities perhaps... Could get (2) 5ths for them or maybe a 4th...
We might be lucky to trade Tre Flowers for actual flowers

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might be lucky to trade Tre Flowers for actual flowers
Nah you can get something for a young CB who has started quite a few games... Maybe a 5th is a stretch but 6th or 7th could be obtained...

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are talking about position I'm going CB.

I see Griffen out pricing himself leaving a large void on one side of the field. I also don't think he will be hard to replace but will be an issue if we don't.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see Griffen out pricing himself leaving a large void on one side of the field. I also don't think he will be hard to replace but will be an issue if we don't.

Griffin, The 2017 third-round pick allowed 644 yards (11.9 yards per target) and six touchdowns in coverage this season in 12 games, rounding out to a 93.3 passer rating when targeted. Not great stats and there are 34 CB ahead of him in rankings. Do not overpay for him.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, this offseason will be interesting. According to Sportrac - Seattle's salary cap will be reduced by $23 million and they have just over $5 million in space.

overthecap has a more favorable outlook with $17 million in space, but it appears they haven't included the recent futures contracts like sportrac did.

Either way, if you've been waiting for your big payday for this season, you could be very disappointed as around $750 million has been removed from teams salary cap due to covid.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE, RB, OL, pass rusher in no order.

Unfortunately we probably miss out on the talented OL and DL, but RB and TE should be doable with middle round picks.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE, RB, OL, pass rusher in no order.

Unfortunately we probably miss out on the talented OL and DL, but RB and TE should be doable with middle round picks.

I think there will be a keeper Guard in the 2nd round there for the Hawks. Lewis was a bright spot and held down the RG position when out there just fine. Get a LG and replace Iupati or a Center to have competition with Pocic, There will be options available. If you can replace Pocic at center with someone stronger you will help the middle of the line a lot. Pocic had a nice season but he is still a little weak for a center and just doesn't have the strength to compete against top flight talent like Aaron Donald. Pocic is a solid player but should be the swing man on this Oline filling in at Guard/Center when injuries pop up.

We need a RT and will need to start our look for a LT soon also but we don't have the picks to do either in 2021. TE in my eyes is not a need, they have Dissly and he made it the whole season but was lightly used ( to bad ). Did Dissly regress or was he more "gunshy" ? or was it the Staff just protecting him way to much? Hollister and Parkinson are fine and i really don't understand some of you hating on Hollister, he is a playmaker.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
painful knowing we don't have a pick in the first round till 2023. I love Adams and he is a nice asset to the team but i think we can all agree after a full season with him that he was not worth 2 firsts. Some of you thought he was better than Kam!?! No, he is different, Kam was the bigger better tackler and Kam was also better in coverage and in the run game. Adams is a beast Rushing the QB but Had Kam got more shots to do it he very well could have been a beast also ( and i have zero doubts Kam would have been great at it ). Adams is still young and i fully expect him to get better but as of right now, he isn't worth the draft capital we gave up for him. Also his body isn't built like Kams so his shelf life might be tiny with the way he throws his body around so recklessly.

excited to see Blair next season, he should be able to spell Adams a little and that might just be enough to keep both of them healthy all season. :hope: