• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's talk 2021 draft

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am being civil and if you don't see what i mean by you being fragile and assuming then maybe in this second post of yours you will see it. I am not attacking you but you seem to take every opinion that doesn't match up with yours about Adams as an attack in some way or form 78% of the time. You know where i got that number from? 78%? thats the completion percentage against Adams in pass coverage. I only really bring that up because of two things. One, Tre Flowers, he has a completion percentage against at 72.9% with a lower QBR and two, in todays NFL teams are passing the ball more than ever. Adams play in that area of the game is not on par for the draft capital and value they gave up. I hope it improves but we have all been here before hoping someone improves just to be left wanting...damn hawks!

I freaking love Adams and i am glad he is a Seahawk and i also believe he can do a LOT better than what we saw in the passing game. I mean if he doesn't then this was one of the worst trades ever for the Hawks. Imagine he gets burnt all the time in 2021 letting QB's hit almost 80% of passes when he is the closes man and his sack numbers go way down because teams force him into pass coverage, then he leaves because he isn't worth resigning for the money he wants. i mean would you franchise him after a real bad season? i don't know but you are forced to because of the capital given up Ouch.
:hope:

there are risks in everything i know but man when you look at his production before coming here he was top 3 maybe even the top safety in the game but his play in coverage has always just been around average but lights out every place else.
Yeah i see no way right now Adams is worth the cost but i will always have undying hope he becomes worthy of all that capital. Till my last breath i am and will always be a Hawks fan and that means my hope is boundless. I am just lucky that my loyalty doesn't cloud my vision though. Not an insult, there is nothing wrong with being slightly bias or having even more hope than others. Just as long as you are able to take that step back and look at both sides clearly and see what others mean. Like me i know 100% what you are saying and i see it the same but i also see the bad part that was well below where it should be of someone of his caliber. Lets hope he improves and that it was only the plethora of injuries he had. Something i also fear he will struggle with his whole career.
I know it was a high price for him. I fully understand it is a risk. I just think that it will pay off barring injury, which is a large concern.

I admitted his pass coverage wasn't good early on but it improved when he came back from injury. He suffered from the lack of camp and preparation time due to covid. By the end of the year he was average. He has been right at middle of the pack by the numbers in pass defense for his entire career

Additionally, as we all know, the main reason why we got him is pass rush, and his pass rush pressure and sack numbers are HISTORICALLY GOOD, and not just for his position. Did you read the article I posted that covered this?? It covers it in detail. You touted the value of TJ Watt but Adams' pass rushing numbers are waaaaay better than Watts, albeit in fewer attempts.

Those are counter-points. Me posting them to counter your also valid points is how these debate/discussions work. I don't agree with your perspective on how this one has progressed but such is life.

Just repeating stuff now so I'm out on the subject and we can re-visit it later where I guarantee I will fully admit to anything I was incorrect about.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the salary cap shrinking next year, Hawks have 20 UFA's with a handful of RFA's, should be an interesting offseason... I'm pretty sure they won't resign KJ Wright... With that said, what will be done with Wagner? Due 17 million this year and 20 million due in '22... Will the Hawks try and trade him?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the salary cap shrinking next year, Hawks have 20 UFA's with a handful of RFA's, should be an interesting offseason... I'm pretty sure they won't resign KJ Wright... With that said, what will be done with Wagner? Due 17 million this year and 20 million due in '22... Will the Hawks try and trade him?
You think we are moving on from KJ? I can see the logic with Brooks stepping in but it could be one of the best LB corps in the league with all 3. KJ played spectacular at times this year, and still seems to have gas in the tank. I guess it might depend on if he would take a reduced salary offer?

As far as Bobby goes, despite what some here seem to think, I thought he played at a high level again last year. Very rarely out of position. Still making solid tackles at a very high rate (tackles per play). He isn't 27 anymore (who is?) but still highly effective. Plus he is still the D play and adjustment caller. We could see a contract restructure at some point to reduce the amount over a few more years. But $37 million over the next 2 years is tough to swallow for any inside LB, it could spell a change. It wouldn't happen this year though.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team or the fans need to work on getting wilson to take a lower salary so we can build a better team around him. Thats a big part of how the patriots won 6 superbowls

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think we are moving on from KJ? I can see the logic with Brooks stepping in but it could be one of the best LB corps in the league with all 3. KJ played spectacular at times this year, and still seems to have gas in the tank. I guess it might depend on if he would take a reduced salary offer?

As far as Bobby goes, despite what some here seem to think, I thought he played at a high level again last year. Very rarely out of position. Still making solid tackles at a very high rate (tackles per play). He isn't 27 anymore (who is?) but still highly effective. Plus he is still the D play and adjustment caller. We could see a contract restructure at some point to reduce the amount over a few more years. But $37 million over the next 2 years is tough to swallow for any inside LB, it could spell a change. It wouldn't happen this year though.
I get that but with the salary cap being much lower, the team will need to make some difficult decisions... I can't see them giving KJ millions with Brooks and Cody in the wings... The team moved on from Sherman and Thomas... I wouldn't be surprised if they moved on from Wagner with a chance to gain some quality draft picks in return... Wagner's salary is pretty high for a LB on the downhill of his prime - especially at his age..

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team or the fans need to work on getting wilson to take a lower salary so we can build a better team around him. Thats a big part of how the patriots won 6 superbowls

You think Russell Wilson is going to cut his own pay because some fans ask him to?

ryan-gosling-laughing-gif.gif

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Russell Wilson is going to cut his own pay because some fans ask him to?

ryan-gosling-laughing-gif.gif

Would it work? Very likely no.

Does he need the money? Not really.

Does he want to win? Ya, he does.

Taking a huge salary hurts those chances, just a fact.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it work? Very likely no.

Does he need the money? Not really.

Does he want to win? Ya, he does.

Taking a huge salary hurts those chances, just a fact.

But again, you believe the way to win is for fans to ask Russell Wilson to take a pay cut.

Hilarious.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again, you believe the way to win is for fans to ask Russell Wilson to take a pay cut.

Hilarious.

I understand why he says this. Russ seems to be close to the fans and shows it in his actions. It's not unheard of for someone of Wilson's caliber to take a pay cut to help his team. Normally these are guys that "want to win" and they know that their money and a reduction of it can help the team build a "better" team. I think also that Wilson would feel a little guilty if the fans did start posting "take a pay cut to help us win" type stuff. You don't think he was all over "let Russ cook" ? you know he was loving the attention. Snuggles isn't crazy and it isn't hilarious. It's a belief based on facts and has a history in the league. Dont knock someone just because if it was you then YOU wouldn't want to help your team.

Wilson is all about team and a little pushing could cause him to do such a thing as taking a pay cut. He makes something around 9 million a year in endorsements so lets not forget that money also. He would be fine if he took a 4 mill reduction for 2021.

Reactions: MrS

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hilarious.

If he took a paycut ala tom brady, would it not make winning easier?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether it would or wouldn't (of course it would) is a different story than fans asking a professional athlete to cut his pay.

And he may do it, but thinking Russ is tuning in to 950AM every day to see what Kevin in Yelm thinks about his contract situation is ludicrous.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you admit it would help the team win and that he might do it. Seems like we are on the same page

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson could take a pay cut in 2021 but it would be given back to him in 2022 so he would see that money come back once the salary cap increases again in 2022. That’s the game Tom Brady kept playing.... Wilsons not going to go backwards in total value of his current contract. It would be given back to him in some shape or form.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly teams called about trading for wilson, how many 1sts would we get?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those teams had the phone hung up on them. Not happening.

Espn seems to think wilson is unhappy and wants to be traded. The fact they hired his choice at OC might lend some credence to this.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn seems to think wilson is unhappy and wants to be traded. The fact they hired his choice at OC might lend some credence to this.
Think he wants better blocking and I doubt this is new, but I'm all for the Seahawks making the OL better.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he wants better blocking and I doubt this is new, but I'm all for the Seahawks making the OL better.

Of course, I am curious what kind of offers they would get though.