• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not any worse then the "Big 10" having "14" teams....:lol:

I guess 'counting' is not a prerequisite for B1G schools....:tsk:

They'll get to it.... :thumb:

Hey stop picking on the BigTen+2+2 more. Shit the Big XII can't add either!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey stop picking on the BigTen+2+2 more. Shit the Big XII can't add either!
At least Penn State can add....

2 boys + 2 boys = A Good Time, and nothing at all.

My apologies in advance! :behindsofa:

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why enlist an entire committee to objectively decide the 4 best teams if you're just going to only go with conference champs? I mean, Wisconsin is playing for the conference title solely based on the fact that they play in the weaker division. If they were in the East, they would at very best be 3rd in the division. How is that fair? When you're objectively comparing an entire team's season, you can't just look at one game.

I wonder if the B1G should scrap the divisions entirely and just have the best two teams play for the conference championship.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness why is it the BIG 14? The PAC 10 went to the PAC 12?
It's all about the fingers.

They're above counting toes in that part of the country.

They're sufisticated folks!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be 100%...
Or at the very least 100% of Division or Conference winners, no?

It's just weird that a team can claim to be the best of 128 when they're not even the best of 7.

I could reconcile that fact pretty easy if there were more than 4 getting the opportunity to call themselves the best of the best b/c there would be a tournament that proves otherwise and not just one hell of a Coach who prepare well enough to go on a 2 game win streak...

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or at the very least 100% of Division or Conference winners, no?

It's just weird that a team can claim to be the best of 128 when they're not even the best of 7.

I could reconcile that fact pretty easy if there were more than 4 getting the opportunity to call themselves the best of the best b/c there would be a tournament that proves otherwise and not just one hell of a Coach who can easily go on a 2 game win streak...
That would level the play off field as well. They wouldnt have to push so hard to find reasons for teams to get in. In a 6-8 team CFP. I think you see the committee ranking OSU no higher than 5 right most likely lower.With PSU and Wisconsin ahead of them heading into the CCG.Loser would drop out

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would level the play off field as well. They wouldnt have to push so hard to find reasons for teams to get in. In a 6-8 team CFP. I think you see the committee ranking OSU no higher than 5 right most likely lower.With PSU and Wisconsin ahead of them heading into the CCG.Loser would drop out
:agree:

Except I think you mean PSU OR Whisky not AND...

I imagine if there were 3 B1G teams to get in this year, in a greater field NT tournament than four, it would be PSU OR Whisky (B1G CCG Champ) tOSU and Michigan.

BTW for all the B1G fans keeping tabs, when I say 3 B1G teams, I don't mean 4 or 5 I actually mean 3 B1G teams, and no more....:rolleyes2:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Except I think you mean PSU OR Whisky not and...

I imagine if there were 3 B1G teams to get in this year, in a greater field NT tournament than four, it would be PSU OR Whisky (B1G CCG Champ) tOSU and Michigan.
Yes I meant or :dhd: Which just goes to show how bad it is when math is corrected by a stoners :dhd: I agree expanding the play off doesn't only level the playing field. But it impacts the standings by changing the politics. However I would like to see the politics removed.And a much more viable determination of the best team. A clearer set of guidelines. Where H2H and Championships play much more of a role.Otherwise its a watered down regular season imo

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I meant or :dhd: Which just goes to show how bad it is when math is corrected by a stoners :dhd: I agree expanding the play off doesn't only level the playing field. But it impacts the standings by changing the politics. However I would like to see the politics removed.And a much more viable determination of the best team. A clearer set of guidelines. Where H2H and Championships play much more of a role.Otherwise its a watered down regular season imo
Me too, and maybe, just maybe if they expanded the playoffs to 68 teams (That is ~53% like the NBA & NHL) my Bruins might get in...

If they didn't, I surely would be on here complaining!!! :rant:

Just look at all of them quality losses!

It's all about the resume my man, all about the resume!

:nutswing:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, and maybe, just maybe if they expanded the playoffs to 68 teams (That is ~53% like the NBA & NHL) my Bruins might get in...

If they didn't, I surely would be on here complaining!!! :rant:

Just look at all of them quality losses!

It's all about the resume my man, all about the resume!

:nutswing:
True true its all about the resume :dhd:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look vitamike I can count how many points Ohio State scored in the play offs with no hands :dhd:
So can they....

images

:cool2: